Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

frustrated

i am so frustrated. just when i think i have this banded lifestyle down, the band seems to get fickle. i finally got down to 148 (40 pounds down--hip, hip, hoorah for me!) i had to exercise 4 times a week and count calories to make sure i wasn't being over the top and having alot of hidden calories. my goal was 1000 calories a day before exercise. i finally hit the 148 last sunday. well, this week, i have only been able to exercise once. i haven't had my normal 46g Protein Shake daily, but i haven't been going over the 1000 calorie mark, and some days i was at the same caloric intake that i would have been at after exercising.( hope that wasn't confusing to anyone). now, i am back up to 150 and i am not happy. i don't cheat and have stuff i shouldn't have. and i don't want to have to count calories like a feign either for the rest of my days! i feel frustrated that i do the right things, but yet don't see the results that i want sometimes. @#@#@#!!:help:

i am so frustrated. just when i think i have this banded lifestyle down, the band seems to get fickle. i finally got down to 148 (40 pounds down--hip, hip, hoorah for me!) i had to exercise 4 times a week and count calories to make sure i wasn't being over the top and having alot of hidden calories. my goal was 1000 calories a day before exercise. i finally hit the 148 last sunday. well, this week, i have only been able to exercise once. i haven't had my normal 46g Protein shake daily, but i haven't been going over the 1000 calorie mark, and some days i was at the same caloric intake that i would have been at after exercising.( hope that wasn't confusing to anyone). now, i am back up to 150 and i am not happy. i don't cheat and have stuff i shouldn't have. and i don't want to have to count calories like a feign either for the rest of my days! i feel frustrated that i do the right things, but yet don't see the results that i want sometimes. @#@#@#!!:help:

Christa,

I don't know what to tell you, but I wanted you to know that someone is listening out here. I really feel your frustration and dismay. Hang in there and just keep plugging.

One question, is there any relationship to TOM? It's so easy to pick up a lot of Water weight at that time.

:):o To you.

Jo Ann

often times your body isnt getting enough calories and you have to shock your body's motabolism into going again, I suggest flucuating calories by 50-100 every other day so your body doesnt get too comfy and stop losing.

joann-not the time of the month. i was ovulating. maybe that has something to do with things? does your hormonal level affect the band?

beckamarie--i will try the calorie fluctuation thing. i have heard that you were supposed to do that, but, it seems kinda risky. what if you gain?

As far as switching up the calories go.......I had never heard of that but I can tell you I was at a 3 week plateau when I decided to have some chinese food, not the good, low calorie kind but the junk.

I didn't eat a ton but certainly more than I usually eat. The next day I was down 2 lbs after 3 weeks of no change. I don't suggest eating crap but I think there is something to it

i agree re the calorie fluctuation thing...I went throu 4 weeks eating the same thing day in day out... and plateaud...when I started changing my diet and adding new and different things I started to loose weight again...go figure!

But I know the fustration keenly...here's feeling for you.

:) Becky

You've also lost 40 lbs in 6 months, which your body is gonna have to get used to. You'll prolly bounce a little bit, and then start losing again. :)

Plus - for me, a fluctuation of 2 lbs is normal. I fluctuate on the scales depending on how much salt, how much Water and how much exercise... it seems like the exercise makes me retain Water to start - and then lets it go later.

If I drink enough water, I don't retain. IF I eat too much salty stuff, I do.

If you know you are doing the right thing - and the scale is not moving continuously in the wrong direction - then take a deep breath and keep on doing that thing.

This too, shall pass.

I to get frustrated and have hit a plateau I have lost 70 pounds since my band surgery in July and now its leveled off, I just keep plugging but I also want to try the calorie fluctuation thing also just to see if it works