Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you still have your gallbladder' date=' Amanda?[/quote']

My gallbladder and I went our separate ways. Good riddance!!!

Lost mine 2 weeks before sleeving. Scheduling wouldn't let them do the sleeve early and do them both at the same time. The thing caused me some real pain, was glad to get rid of it.

I had attacks 2 months post baby and the pain was horrible. My eyes turned yellow. It was mostly coming from my back shoulder. I would follow up with a doc and see what they recommend. I had 3 attacks and then the procedure was laparoscopic.

Having a gallbladder attack is worse than labor! There were many nights I slept in a hot bathtub. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone!

Hope you start feeling better

I had mine out the month before my sleeve. The recovery was easy, and happy to be rid of those attacks.

My attacks were not brought on by a reaction to what I ate, I had one big stone and if it was laying the wrong way long enough to irritate my gall bladder... BAM. See if your PCP will order an ultrasound for you, they will be able to tell what the deal is. In the meantime, the only thing that eased the pain for me was walking and stretching (oddly enough) I would hold onto the top of a door and breathe really slow. It might have just been in my mind, but it helped at the time.

My mom, who delivered 10 children and had her gall bladder removed said she would rather go through another childbirth than to ever have another gallbladder attack...

I'm scared to eat! I called my doc and have an appointment on Monday. Thanks everyone!

I'm scared to eat! I called my doc and have an appointment on Monday. Thanks everyone!

Just eat light. Nothing fatty or heavy. Maybe Protein shakes?

Last night' date=' for the first time in my life, I had a gallbladder attack! It lasted 2 1/2 hours and I would have rather been giving birth with no drugs!!!

I'm scared! Does this mean it has to be removed?? What can I do to prevent surgery?[/quote']

I feel your pain! I had 2-3 attacks over Easter maybe it was the chocolate! Hehehe. But I've actually pin-pointed it to chicken oddly enough. So so painful always end up throwing up. Had the ultrasound and im full of stones but im not quite ready to part with my buddy G.B! My surgeon wants it out but I havent had an attack or any symptoms in nearly a month so I'm kinda hoping now I'm nearly at goal and weight loss has slowed the attacks will stop? :D (I know I'm dreaming). I do hate the fact that I live in fear though - its always on the back of my mind whether it will happen during a social event!

Weird, it happened after I ate chicken too!

Well they just took my blood and I have an ultrasound on Friday. I'm praying that I have minimal stones and can be fixed with medicine.

Good news is my doctor was thrilled with my weight loss (haven't seen her in a year) and actually supportive of my decision to go to MX. She even has several patients who have done the same. So now I have adequate follow up and she's checking my Vitamin levels! Whew!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you on Friday!

And good news about the support from your doc:)

Well, sleeved 3/1/13. 3 trips to ER later and the intense pain that hits the center of my chest has proven to be gall bladder issues. Had a HIDA test done last week. Looks like I am going back under the knife. Apparently very common set back with rapid weight loss. Bright side = not my heart.

That happen to me as we'll.. It's been 18 months since my sleeve and 9 months post gall bladder removal but I still have the same pains.. Make sure to ask your doctor what are the chances of you getting ibs after gall bladder removal and see of maybe they can just remove your gall stones I'm honestly thinking that because I no longer have my gall bladder that's the reason why I know have ibs. And it's not fun..

That happen to me as we'll.. It's been 18 months since my sleeve and 9 months post gall bladder removal but I still have the same pains.. Make sure to ask your doctor what are the chances of you getting ibs after gall bladder removal and see of maybe they can just remove your gall stones I'm honestly thinking that because I no longer have my gall bladder that's the reason why I know have ibs. And it's not fun..

Thank you for that advice. I am calling the office today to discuss further.

Please see your MDs NOW, If not treated and the GB is blocked by a stone (which causes the pain in an attack) the worst that could happen is a burst GB wich is a VERY bad thing. I do not believe that there are many viable alternatives other than removal... The 'yellow eyes' described above is jaundice because the bilirubin is not being mixed in the intestines and is backing up in the blood.