Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia July 3rd... anyone else?

I am scheduled to have surgery on July 3rd with Dr. Garcia in Tijuana and am so super excited!!! I am going alone and was wondering if anyone else will be there the same time as me... looking for a sleeve buddy!

I will be having my surgery with Dr. Garcia on July 4th, I'll be flying in on July third though :)

Woo hoo! I am so excited! Where are you from? Tell me about you! I'm sure we'll bump into each other in Mexico!!! (I think we can private message if you'd like) Woo hoo!!

I'm Sophia. I'm from the gulf coast. Mobile, AL. I'm 35 married with 2 kids. I'm really excited about the surgery and can't wait until the pounds start rolling off :) I'm so tired of being overweight . I currently weigh 220 but have been up to 250 before. It's funny because I used to live in San Diego and never thought once about getting surgery and now almost 10 yeas later, I'm flying back to San Diego to have surgery in TJ!

I'm going for mine with Dr. Garcia on July 8th! I wish i could join you all the week before! I might even get to see you if your going to be heading back to San Diego on the 7th as thats when i'm flying in that morning! I'm super excited! Anyone else going to be in Mx. July 7th through the 12th? It would be cool to get in touch with others sharing this adventure together :) I'm going by myself so would really be nice to have someone to talk with while down there!

I am still trying to save up the money for my surgery, but I'm almost certain I will have it by July... I hope! I'm trying to decide between Aceves and Garcia. It's definitely a very hard decision!

Financially I need to go with Dr. Garcia. I'm struggling as it is trying to come up with the money. I just had my heart set on Dr. Aceves is all... But I've read so many good reviews on Dr. Garcia that I'm not really afraid to go with him anymore.

I'll be in TJ from July 3 to July 8th, so I'm sure we will run into each other! This is so cool. I'm counting down the days until surgery! I can't wait :)

I'm Sophia. I'm from the gulf coast. Mobile' date=' AL. I'm 35 married with 2 kids. I'm really excited about the surgery and can't wait until the pounds start rolling off :) I'm so tired of being overweight . I currently weigh 220 but have been up to 250 before. It's funny because I used to live in San Diego and never thought once about getting surgery and now almost 10 yeas later, I'm flying back to San Diego to have surgery in TJ![/quote']

Wow, we are [kinda] close! I'm in NW Georgia! I originally scheduled with a different doctor so I'm flying in on 7/2, surgery is on 7/3, and I fly out on 7/6. I am getting really excited! Time seems to be flying! BTW I am Emily, 30, and at almost my highest weight (290). I was scheduled for the sleeve this past October, in the states, insurance to pay 100% and chickened out. Now I'm at a new job and insurance wont cover so I opted for Mexico. My problem now is I cant find a PCP who will do my follow up care. I know that in order to have the best life possible that I have to have this surgery so I'm going to have it no matter what!

Congrats! I used to live in the Atlanta/Buford area about 10 yrs ago! I'm about at my highest wt. of 285...but i've lost 100lbs before and was down around 195 before i ended up with a new job with new hrs and much more difficult time to maintain the lifestyle I had at that time so ended up gaining it all back :( SOOO I figured this is the only way I can loose wt. by restricting the amount of food I can eat in a sitting...currently, I eat till i'm full, and unfortunatly, that can be alot of food ;) I'll be so glad to be on the mend and heading the right direction with my weight....I haven't ran by my PCP that i was going for the surgery, but I figured, it doesn't matter, if something is going on with me, i'll set up an apointment as always and walk in and tell them what is going on...and they would have to treat me anyways as a established patient...i would think they would be ok with it anyways if it helps me be healthy and hopefully will get my cholesterol lowered as well! Good luck and can't wait to see how our stories unfold! :)

I'm going for mine with Dr. Garcia on July 8th! I wish i could join you all the week before! I might even get to see you if your going to be heading back to San Diego on the 7th as thats when i'm flying in that morning! I'm super excited! Anyone else going to be in Mx. July 7th through the 12th? It would be cool to get in touch with others sharing this adventure together :) I'm going by myself so would really be nice to have someone to talk with while down there!

I'm going alone too and am super worried. I know I'll be ok... but being alone in Mexico having surgery is the max for stress! I fly home on the 7th so maybe we'll be able to meet at the airport! I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. Garcia so that's a relief!

I agree, this will be a scary and exciting adventure...I thought when hubby dropped me off (literally at the door) at the hospital to have my gallbladder removed and not seeing him again till he picked me up the next day at discharge was scary/sad because i was all alone in the hospital overnight and through recovery, but this will be a whole lot bigger of a deal...but i've also heard that even if we come alone, we never feel alone because they check in on us so frequently, especially because we are coming alone they want us not to feel alone....better attention then what we would get in a USA hospital...,so that makes me feel better!...we were hoping that hubby and myself could come down together getting a "his and hers" sleeve, but the timing and trying to get a sitter for the kids wasn't working out and also to get the funds together in such short notice is a challenge...so hopefully he will get his soon after mine...I too have heard nothing but good things and now that he is practicing out of The Oasis of Hope (I don't know why/when it changed to florence Hospital), its suppost to be an awesome hospital with gardens to walk through and more of a hospital feel with higher levels of care if needed...I look forward to walking the boardwalk at the hotel (i heard we were staying on a boardwalk on the beach?) the two days we are at the hotel....I just wish it was here already...like Christmas for a child ;)