Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all slowish losers--please post your losses so far!

You look awesome! I know it is hard to see it yourself because you see yourself all the time. I cannot really tell when I look at myself, but I know from my clothes that I have made real progress.

Heya. I am coming up on 21 weeks post surgery, this Friday. I have lost 39lbs. Averages to fewer than 2lbs/week. My loss has slowed to 1lb a week and I haven't hit 5 months yet. I was 250 day of surgery. I lost very little pre op, about 6 lbs on a 10 day liquid diet. I lost 8 lbs the first week and then settled into a 1-2 lbs loss weekly thereafter.

I started at a BMI of 48.4 from my highest weight. Day of surgery 44.3, currently at 211 lbs I have a BMI of 37.4. To be at a normal, healthy BMI I will have to lose 70 more lbs. So in about 5 more lbs I will be halfway there.

I started in 20/22 jeans and pants, size 18 dresses, XL tops. Currently in size 16/18 jeans, size 14 pants (mostly, some 14's are small) and size L tops, size XL or 12 dresses.

tumblr_mmotdc6Mtx1rl7taoo1_1280.jpg

If it wasn't for inch loss and being able to wear smaller clothes I'd be way more depressed about my slow loss.

Great thread!! I'm 11 weeks out. 2/27/13 surgery date. Start weight 303. Day of surgery 288. Current weight 252. Down 51 total and 36 since surgery. About 3 weeks total. And 2 week long stalls through so far. Better than I could ever do on my own. I'm thrilled!!

I work out for 40-45 minutes a day about 5-6 times a week. Mostly walking and beginning to jog. I'm eating about 800-1000 calories a day. I'm taking 2 chewy vits, 1200 mg Calcium, B12, frolic acid, Biotin and 2 Pepcid.

I think one of the reasons that people who are actually losing weight fairly quickly (e.g.' date=' 5 lbs a week) think it's slow is that people who lose abnormally quickly--like 80-100 lbs in 3 months--tend to be more vocal and post about their successes more than the slow-ish losers. So it gives us a skewed perception of what "normal" is.

I thought it would be helpful for some of us slow-ish losers to post how much we have lost and during what time frame. Since it's my thread (lol), I'm going to say that a "slow-ish" loss is no more than 0.5 lbs to 3 pounds per week (maybe a little more in the first month). Even 3 lbs/week is above average for nonsurgical patients, but I think that it might be average to slow-ish in the VSG world.

Maybe we can help inspire each other and offer support!

Please post:

* number of weeks out from surgery

* amount you have lost so far--post surgery only--do not include pre-op losses, or if you do, break them out

* if you want to include starting and current weight or low or high BMI, you can (not required)

* whether you exercise and average amount of calories/eating plan

I'll start:

* 11 weeks out from surgery

* have lost apx 30 lbs from 2/5/13 surgery date--that puts me at about 2.5 lbs per week on average

* lost about 20 pounds pre-op in a 6-month diet/exercise plan (big difference in rate pre- and post-op!)

* higher BMI (above 50)

* exercise--walking, Water aerobics, swimming, bike, will be starting strength training this week

* 600-800 calories/day, relatively low carb ("good" carbs only, from veggies and occasional berries)

* always get in my Water and protein! take supplements[/quote']

12 weeks post op.

52lbs down so 4.2lbs per week.

Surgery weight 275 and today 5/14 223lbs.

Starting BMI was a high 43 and now it's 34.9.

I just walk daily, about 2 miles fast paced.

800-900 calories daily.

60-80 ounces of water.

[url=http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/gallery/image/19705-jan-to-may-2013/][img=http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/uploads/gallery/album_5275/gallery_44780_5275_148822.jpg][/url]

UGGGHHHH! This makes me want to say bad words...how in the world to you post a picture from the gallery here???!!!! GGRRRR

UGGGHHHH! This makes me want to say bad words...how in the world to you post a picture from the gallery here???!!!! GGRRRR

Hold your tongue girly! I see the pics :D

Looking good!!

Thanks Lauraven...I still cannot see them. What the heck?!

I am 11 weeks out. My highest weight was 257. I lost 16 pounds in 8 months while awaiting approval. My surgery weight was 241. Today' date=' I am 214. That is about 2.5 pounds per week. Of course, I did not lose it like that. I lost 18 pounds in 15 days and then stalled for two weeks. Then I would lose for a couple of days and stall for a few days. That being said, I am on track and content that the scale keeps heading down. I have not been exercising as much as I should and I bet if I did, I would be losing faster, but I am thrilled to be losing.[/quote']

Wow, I thought I wrote this post lol I am 11 weeks out. My surgery weight was 239 and I am sitting @ 208. I've been there way too long! Waiting for it to start moving again! I've not exercised like I should and hope now that the weather is better I will be better! Hooked up my Wii today because I'd ordered a jillian michaels game and it came today. Hope to start it tomorrow!

Surgery 2/27/13

Starting weight 267

Day of Surgery 262

Current weight 222

My Favorite Work out Agua fit class

Cardio

Weight machine.

Since I started working out this week my weight loss has stalled.

But Happy I started working out and love it.

12 weeks post op.

52lbs down so 4.2lbs per week.

Surgery weight 275 and today 5/14 223lbs.

Starting BMI was a high 43 and now it's 34.9.

I just walk daily, about 2 miles fast paced.

800-900 calories daily.

60-80 ounces of Water.< /p>

that's wonderful--you're definitely not a "slow" loser! Congrats!

[url=http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/gallery/image/19705-jan-to-may-2013/][img=http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/uploads/gallery/album_5275/gallery_44780_5275_148822.jpg][/url]

I see them--you look GREAT!!!! Big difference and terrific progress!

I love this thread. Due to torn ACL and Ligaments in my knee working out and even walking has been difficult. This surgery became a priority because the Orthopedic surgeon wanted me to lose weight prior to surgery. I know inches mean a lot compared to pounds. I am 5'4 and surgery was 1/28/13. I don't really exercise and I struggle to drink my fluids. Pre-Surgery I weighed 278 and clothing was 2x or 20/22. As of today I am 221 and I am buying clothes that are size 12. I am happy with my weight loss. I have 2 friends who had surgery around the same time I did and they are 180 pounds so it made me feel like I am not doing well. But my clothes and pictures speak for themselves and I am happy. My goal is to be under 200 pounds by end of August and hopefully 170 by my 41 birthday in December. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

post-50277-13813665833489_thumb.jpg

You look awesome! I know it is hard to see it yourself because you see yourself all the time. I cannot really tell when I look at myself' date=' but I know from my clothes that I have made real progress.

[/quote']

I agree. Congrats

Surgery 3/14

159.9 surgery day/34 bmi

135.4 today/28 bmi

24.5 lost slow but stead

Cardio 3times a week

700-900calories per day

Surgery 3/14

159.9 surgery day/34 bmi

135.4 today/28 bmi

24.5 lost slow but stead