Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1) today I made all of my appointments!!!! I will have everything done by May 1. So now my "thinking" about this is becoming real.

2) this might be a stupid question -BUT- in the beginning does it feel like you have done a million sit ups? Or do you get stomach cramps and pain?

3) I've heard people say when they first come off the liquids that the hope the food "goes down ok"? Like it feels like its stuck? Or like you are going to barf?

4) if you do barf-does it feel like the staples will pop out?

I'm really really afraid for recovery.

I didnt feel hardly any pain, at the hospital they kept me druged then when I went home it was very little, as far as the food, yeah sometimes at first it was a little hard but it got easyer you just have to make sure you chew enough it needs to be chewed down very well, and when I did barf no it didnt feel like my wounds would open up, I didnt have staples I had liquid bandaid basically

Don't fear the recovery. While it's true some people have a hard time, most have a pretty easy time of it. After surgery I didn't feel any pain but I did feel like I'd done a million sit ups. It went away after a few days. I started eating soft foods after just a few days and now at about 4 weeks out I eat whatever I please. No issues. you have to eat very slowly or you may get sick. Your new sleeve will let you know right away if something isn't going to agree with you. Eat too fast, yes it feels like it is stuck. Just take it slow and baby yourself a little and all will be well. You will hear a lot of "dire warnings" about all the things that may make your staples pop out. Don't fear this either. Take your time and use your good sense and you will do just great. Note : I haven't thrown up once since getting the sleeve. Not a single time. You are going to be just fine:)

I was off pain meds completely the 2nd day. My stomach did feel overworked.

My postop diet is very conservative. 10 days Clear Liquids. 10 days full liquids. 10 or more days soft/blended foods. Then regular good. High protein/low carb. Sip sip sip.

Recovery for me was fairly easy thanks to my pain meds and my wonderful DH. I did not feel like I've done a zillion sit up! It. I was so nervous going to the hospital that I mis placed things but in fact recovery was easy for me. The pain later wasn't too bad. One day at a time. Be encouraged!

My recovery was much harder than I anticipated. I expected that since this is done laporscopicly it would be easy (I've had 2 other lap procedures in the past and there was nothing to them). This wasn't easy for me and it made me frustrated. I ended up staying an extra day in hospital because I literally couldn't swallow even a sip without burning chest pain-this caused severe nausea and caused my heart rate to drop into the 30's twice which necessitated EKGs to be done both times. I have never needed pain meds for other surgeries (just Tylenol) and I've had 5 other surgeries, but I took pain meds for 10 days with the sleeve. All I read about was everyone saying it was easy, but for me it wasn't (and I have a high threshold for pain) and I ended up feeling frustrated and kept thinking what is wrong with me? I'm not trying to scare you, I just think you should be prepared in case it isn't easy.

The pain isn't deep...like way in your muscles. The food getting "stuck" is hard to explain until it happens, but it's not as bad as it sounds. I had a REALLY bad gall bladder removed at the same time, and have had pain longer than most (I'm 11 days out). But it really isn't that bad. Not NEARLY as bad as my emergency c-section....and I would do that all over again too :)

My recovery was much harder than I anticipated. I expected that since this is done laporscopicly it would be easy (I've had 2 other lap procedures in the past and there was nothing to them). This wasn't easy for me and it made me frustrated. I ended up staying an extra day in hospital because I literally couldn't swallow even a sip without burning chest pain-this caused severe nausea and caused my heart rate to drop into the 30's twice which necessitated EKGs to be done both times. I have never needed pain meds for other surgeries (just Tylenol) and I've had 5 other surgeries' date=' but I took pain meds for 10 days with the sleeve. All I read about was everyone saying it was easy, but for me it wasn't (and I have a high threshold for pain) and I ended up feeling frustrated and kept thinking what is wrong with me? I'm not trying to scare you, I just think you should be prepared in case it isn't easy.[/quote']

I'm glad you posted. Thank you for sharing. I'm nervous I'm going to have a rough time.