Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats Terry!!!

You have had a long journey that will be well worth the time and energy once the band is in place!

As for the larger liver - haven't heard of a longer pre-op diet but do remember that my Doctor said that a smaller liver made for a smoother surgery - they will be able to get at everything easier. I had to do a 10 day pre-op liquid diet and will tell you the first two days are the hardest...only cheated the 1st day and struggled with the 2nd day and then smooth sailing.

As for the nerves, didn't have them until they started to cart me down the hall to the operating room. I was so ready the band and a change in me that nerves never showed up.

Good luck and let us know how things are going. Feb will be here before you know it!

Tracy

Thanks for the replies Courtney and Tracy

I live in Northwest Wisconsin, (Hayward) Duluth Mn is about 70 miles away. I went there today for RN and Dietitian appointments. I have to start CIB liquid diet January 16th. It will be a challenge to do it 4wks pre op and then 2 wks post op the RN said the extra 2wks pre op will shrink the liver more to make the surgery easy er and help get it out of the way, otherwise they would have to do the surgery open instead of lap. I think the extra 2wks of CIB is a much better option. Well I am starting to get the thing together for diet and trying to prepare mentally:faint: I will keep you all posted.

Thanks Terry

Hey oldgieser...

That's actually kind of funny that you are from Hayward, since that is where my lapband journey kind of began..

I was on my family's annual fall fishing trip on Lake Namakageon when I saw my first lap band commercial on TV. I couldn't wait to get home to log on and research it!!

Wow thanks for doing all the research Sheila, I have been banded little over a year and a half now but I just moved from NJ to WI and I loved my Dr. there and I still plan on following up with him from time to time. I haven't had any complications but my husband and I are thinking of starting a family in the next year so I'm sure I will want an unfill and fills after the baby is born and I don't want to have to keep traveling back to NJ all the time. Has anyone used or went to siminars at Dean Care in Madison, they seem to be the cheepest after banding followups for fills and such, I was just wondering what kind of reputation they have.

Sara

Wow thanks for doing all the research Sheila, I have been banded little over a year and a half now but I just moved from NJ to WI and I loved my Dr. there and I still plan on following up with him from time to time. I haven't had any complications but my husband and I are thinking of starting a family in the next year so I'm sure I will want an unfill and fills after the baby is born and I don't want to have to keep traveling back to NJ all the time. Has anyone used or went to siminars at Dean Care in Madison, they seem to be the cheepest after banding followups for fills and such, I was just wondering what kind of reputation they have.

Sara

I don't know what kind of rep they have, and I havne't heard from anyone on the board that has used them. I plan on calling them this week to set up an appointment. Maybe I can get more info then? I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi all - I'm from Tomah Wisconsin and am scheduled to have the LapBand placed on March 2nd. I've been reading some of your messages and they are really informative. Thanks

Hi all - I'm from Tomah Wisconsin and am scheduled to have the LapBand placed on March 2nd. I've been reading some of your messages and they are really informative. Thanks

welcome to lbt, luann! are you getting banded in madison? i'm in the process at the UW bariatric clinic there! you're getting banded in only a couple of weeks! AWESOME for you! keep us posted on your journey...

~courtney

I'm going through Dean Care West in Madison. It's finally getting close and I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I'm going through Dean Care West in Madison. It's finally getting close and I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Hi LuAnn! I got my band in CO, but I will be getting my fills with Dr. Sunby at Dean Care. Gil seems very nice, but I really haven't talked to anyone else in the office. How do you like the people? Did you go to a seminar with them? What did you think? You must like them because you are getting banded by them, but I am jsut curious to hear your opinion on the staff/facilities/Dr's. Thanks!

welcome to lbt, luann! are you getting banded in madison? i'm in the process at the UW bariatric clinic there! you're getting banded in only a couple of weeks! AWESOME for you! keep us posted on your journey...

~courtney

So... do we have a band date yet, Chubbola? How did the psych appointment go, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi All!

Another Wisconsinite here -- also from Fort Atkinson. I have my 1st appointment at Fort Hospital Monday, then off to Behavioral Health that Thursday to take the MMPI (follow up the next week).

I don't know 100% that they will say yes to banding me -- not sure what criteria is used for denial (I'm fat and have the cash coming from grandpa, and am not too crazy, but very willing to make a change!!) But I was told by the coordinator that I am a good candidate.

It's very nice that there are some others here that got banded in Fort -- really makes me more excited!

Cross your fingers for me -- if all goes well, I can be banded in April!

Bec

Hey Bec-

Congrats on starting your journey!!

Dr Erickson is awsome and so is Patrice. The test isn't too bad at Behavioral Health - just make sure you are filling in the answer to the right question or else looney bin here you go - just kidding.

If you haven't hit up the support meetings.....I'd start. A great group of people with lots of helpful info - this month is show and tell so I assume there will be a lot of before/after pics there to see.

Again, congrats and good luck!!!

Tracy

Hey Shesha are you having your fill done with Dean Care? Please let me know how it goes, I need to find some follow up care here. How long did you have to wait for an apt?

So... do we have a band date yet, Chubbola? How did the psych appointment go, if you don't mind me asking?

hi shesha! ugh-the psych appt went great, and after two appts with the nutritionist, i'm heading back tomo am for my follow up psych appt (why? i'm not sure-they already told me i'm good to go-must need to charge another $800 for me to drive 4 hours round trip for a 'yes-you're not crazy' appt)...but whatever lol! it's kind of a hurry up and wait atmosphere for me right now. i'm trying not to get discouraged, but my initial goal was to get banded on spring break which starts april 2nd. that's a little too far fetched now that it's march 11th! so...in a nutshell-no date for me yet!

how are you doing? i'm hoping that you're just dropping lbs---i need someone to chase once i get my band! you can be my wisconsin inspiration! talk to you soon!

courtney