Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wow-that price can't be beat! i can't believe uw is more expensive than neenah! i would have thought the opposite!

good luck with your journey in denver-maybe you'll actually see some snow-none here yet!

keep in touch!

Are there any BANDED Wisconsinites out there that have "indulged" in any of these Wisconsin delicacies? Can you still eat a tiny bit of a brat, cheese, or have an Old Fashioned after the band, or are Friday Nights over as I know it??? tee hee!!!

Yes, the price in CO is really good. I got a great price on airfare too. Now, lets just hope the snow stays away until AFTER I get my band placed...=o)

i have dean care insurance and it is funny how they have a program set up for lap band but they refuse to pay for it. they would pay for gastric bypass but refused to pay for the lap band. i hope some day they change their policy when they see lap band is an effective way of weight loss and less dangerous to peoples health than GB.

congratulations shesha and good luck with your surgery. the price seems great in Denver. I was self pay. had mine in fort atkinson and paid 17,500. this included doctors visits and fills for a year,psych visit,and nutritionist visits. Can't wait to see how you do. congrats again.

Shesha-

Hey - eating hasn't been too terrible for me. I have had a little bit of a brat and also a hotdog off the grill - (chew, chew, chew and watch out for the skin). The most disappointing item would be steaks for me - I have a problem getting them to go down. (if that is the worst, I can survive.)

As for that old fashioned - went out on a Friday night with the girls a few weeks ago for the first time since surgery - I had three drinks - and oh, my gosh - the room was spinning and I was terribly hung over the next day. (weight loss and drinking aren't the best combination if you don't know what you can handle). Believe me, I could drink that much pre-band and not even feel a buzz. So just go slow -

Good luck in January!!!

Tracy

My insurance is Midwest Security and I don't have a good feeling about the initial asking for the surgery w/them. Here's hoping I'm really not psychic!

Bill

I also have Midwest Security Insurance. My policy stated that they excluded paying for any thing related to weigh loss, but it did not exclude bariatric surgery for Morbidly Obese (don't you love that definition) insured with a BMI over 40. They did approve my surgery after receiving the necessary paper work from Surgeon. They payed for some of the preliminary things such as interview with bariatric nurse,dietichen still waiting to see payed $568.00 for Psychological test (lab)but not $250.00 For Psychologist. they are paying Surgery 100% because surgeon part or clinic group that is preferred provider. So that is Great. I am know waiting to be scheduled for surgery. It has been a long journey that started in July 06

with info seminar good luck with your journey. If I can helpm with any questions let me know.

Terry

laurigee - Regarding Dean Care. The lady on the phone at Dean Care seemed kind of irritated that they perform the procedure but don't cover it. It sounds like they are trying to get it approved, but it will be a while. Thanks for the encouragement. I can't wait for my band!

Bubbyville - thanks for the info regarding Wisconsin classics. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't know what a tailgate party or summer bbq would be like with out a good ol' brat! tee hee...

oh wow-i just spoke with deann today from uw madison bariatric clinic, and i gave her my new insurance (bcbs anthem) card that's starting jan 1st. i asked her what i do next,and she told me i just have to wait...UGH! not in my vocabulary! she said they have to send an initial form to my insurance company before they will even schedule an appt with me because the psychologist appt is $800!!! no wonder insurance companies get grumpy with us! geez-i'm fat-not a psycho! i know that it's all routine for our safety, but come on! wowzer! i guess i'll just sit here and wait for the good news (hopefully)!!!!!

Hello wisconsin banders. I had my surgery done in Monerray, mexico in late August 2006. I had one fill done by a terrrific doctor in Scottssbluff, Neb. who also does lab bands. His price was 135.00 for the fill. The cost of my surgery in Mexico was 8,000.

Although I loved seeing my sister in Nebraska while I went to get my first fill, it really is inconvient because of the travel distance.. I would like to find a doctor in the wisconsin area who is reasonable in price for the fills. Anyone with this info? Thanks in advance.

Lisa P. In the Lake country area:)

I am not sure if my last message came through, so I will send this again.

I was banded in Mexico in late August. had my first fill in Scottsbluff, Neb. I do have a sister there to visit, but would really like to find a Dr. to do fills in the wisconsin area where I live.

Anmybody know of a Dr. out there who is reasonable withthe fills in price?

The Dr. in neb. charged 135.00 for my first fill.

thanks,

lisa in Waukesha county

Hello,

Never posted on here before. I tried sending a message, but unsure if I am doing tis correctly. Soo, I will try again.

I had a lap band done in Mexico late last August.( 8,000 )I had my first fill by a Dr. in Scottsbluff, Neb.(135.00)

I was also able to visit my sister while in Nebraska, but really would like to find a Dr. In the Wisconsin area due to travel and costs.

Any Dr.'s here that do Mecican lap band fills that are not too pricy?

thanks,

Lisa in Waukesha county

welcome to LBT, Lisa P!

on page one of this thread, Shesha is talking about fills with wisconsin docs...i believe that Dean in Madison is the cheaper option in madison (uw madison is high)...not sure where waukesha county is-i live about 1 hr west of the dells!

congrats on your lapband journey-i can't wait to get mine!

p.s. how's it going for you? is the weight loss good? any complications?

Hey Lisa,

I called around to a few Dr's in WI. The cheapest I could find was

Dean Care in Madison: $250.00 for initial visit, then $125.00 per fill thereafter...

I did not try the Dr's in the Milwaukee area though...

Hi fellow Wisconsin Bandsters or to be Bandsters

I finally got my insurance company pre authorization for surgery and have got my surgery scheduled at last. Date is February 13th It has been a long journey with many hoops that started back in July 06 with the info seminar and there are some more hoops between now and then such as RN and Dietitian appointment Tomorrow (2nd one) Pre op physical by primary Physician, Clearance exam by Cardiologist but this is all down hill . I also have to get diet plan from dietitian to start pre op diet 5wks before surgery because of a larger than normal liver that requires a lot of shrinking. Has any one else heard of this?

Well I am very excited after all this time but now the nerviness and fear are starting to set in with the reality of this. I hope to get some support and reassurance from you fellow Bandsters that only you can give.

My wife and family are very supportive witch is GREAT but you gals and guys have first hand knowledge.

Thanks in advance Terry

congrats to you, terry!

what a nice valentine's day present for you and your family! do you live in the duluth area-seems like a long trot for a wisconsinite to have surgery in northern minnesota!

i'm not sure about the liver thing-all i know is that everyone is different-did you check the LBT search engine?

good luck to you in your journey-keep us posted!

take care

courtney