Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florance vs Mi hospital

I have heard that florence is safer as they are full fledged hospital that treats all kinds of patients. Just what I heard. Going to Florence on sat 4/6

Hmm I like the comment when pretty in pink said "upgrade" I'm all about the upgrades lol ... Ill keep an eye out for your updates if u do any .. Or maybe u could PM me. They must be close to each other as Alma said it was no problem to change. And I know that he has another few surgerys that day ...

I have heard that florence is safer as they are full fledged hospital that treats all kinds of patients. Just what I heard. Going to florence on sat 4/6

I had heard the same about Mi but in the case of Mi it is NOT true, I did not see any place where they could treat "all kinds of patients" right now it is strictly bariatric and they have a one bed ICU just in case it's needed.

I was actually a bit relieved when I didn't see all kinds of patients at Mi... I mean.. the LAST thing I wanted to be exposed to when I'm having surgery is SICK people!

The other patients that are there for other treatments were no where near the surgery patients. I think they are in a separate part of the hospital all together.

The other patients that are there for other treatments were no where near the surgery patients. I think they are in a separate part of the hospital all together.

We had our own hospital wing separate from everyone at Almater Hospital in Mexicali. Plus being at ground level we did our walking outside in the sun.

You have to go with the choice that gives you peace of mind, Rollargirl. As you can see, we all feel passionate about our choice.

I would recommend Oasis/Florence because I had a great experience. The lobby was very modern and nice, but the facilities are basic and in need of minor cosmetic repairs. Hmm, kinda like a Motel 6. And I thought the bed was very comfortable with a fluffy comforter and plenty of blankets. But it's not at all fancy. I'm not sure I would consider it neccesarily an "upgrade."

I chose Oasis because of all the complaints about traffic and honking outside of MiDoctor.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes the traffic thing for me would be a big "X" I sleep at home with ear plugs as I'm a light sleeper * side question... I take melatonin for sleeping - after the surgery will I have to crush it up to take it? Are we allowed to take a little pill? I'm getting blood thinners to take after and on our trip home and antibiotics (the dr emailed me a few days ago) - will these be in liquid form?

Yes the traffic thing for me would be a big "X" I sleep at home with ear plugs as I'm a light sleeper * side question... I take melatonin for sleeping - after the surgery will I have to crush it up to take it? Are we allowed to take a little pill? I'm getting blood thinners to take after and on our trip home and antibiotics (the dr emailed me a few days ago) - will these be in liquid form?

I was sold on it being quiet also. I too can hear a pin drop in my sleep. My antibiotics were in pill form. The only liquid I had was the medicine for gas

Ok good, so I probably will be able to take my melatonin.. It's pretty small & they're so great! No side effects and have made such a difference in my energy levels. I've changed us to the florence - thanks for your post on it!

Ok good' date=' so I probably will be able to take my melatonin.. It's pretty small & they're so great! No side effects and have made such a difference in my energy levels. I've changed us to the florence - thanks for your post on it![/quote']

They also make chewable melatonin.

Ok good' date=' so I probably will be able to take my melatonin.. It's pretty small & they're so great! No side effects and have made such a difference in my energy levels. I've changed us to the florence - thanks for your post on it![/quote']

You're so welcome :-)

I loved dr. Garcia and Ready 4 a Change and would definitely recommend them again. I had my surgery at mi, apparently right before dr. Garcia started working at florence hospital.

I wouldn't recommend Mi doctor. It's so small! Like of you think small, think smaller. When i walked the tiny L hallway & would get to the tinier end I would wonder every time of it was actually worth it to walk there because there was so much stuff put there that should be behind the nurses station instead of in our way where we have to walk w our fat butts + iv poles.

My room. I'm pretty sure us girls that went alone got the crappiest rooms. My room was SO tiny. Like I couldn't get between the foot of the bed and the wall without turning sideways and even then I was squeezing. I am a fatty bit my bmi was only 39, to give you a visual.

Oy. The noise. sleeping next to the border was near impossible for me.

At night, sometimes I'd come out of my room for something (like tp) and there was noone to be found. Good thing I didn't have an emergency. I just walked behind the station and grabbed some. Paper towels. Sigh. Whatever.

There was good too though.

Some of the nurses didn't speak English but I mean. I was in THEIR country so I kinda expected lt. They were really sweet and one in particular got her laptop out and showed me that she had a translator on it. So sweet. She was really pretty too. Anyway. They were all very sweet.

When I woke up in recovery I was actually next to a girl that was fast asleep with bandages all over her nose because shed just gotten a nose job. Awkward. As I came more to, I got to watch the monitor that dr. Garcia was using for another surgery. So cool!

Now. I've never been to Florence Hospital, so I don't know how it compares. Isn't there another surgeon here that works there? Is it Kelly?

But Ready 4 a Change was AWESOME, even after my surgery when I had complications and called alma, she still helped me get ahold of dr. Luna. Who by the way is a total cutie. <3.

I love that I met some vsters and sleeve sisters. The whole experience will always be dear to my heart. <3

I loved dr. Garcia and Ready 4 a Change and would definitely recommend them again. I had my surgery at mi' date=' apparently right before dr. Garcia started working at florence hospital.

I wouldn't recommend Mi doctor. It's so small! Like of you think small, think smaller. When i walked the tiny L hallway & would get to the tinier end I would wonder every time of it was actually worth it to walk there because there was so much stuff put there that should be behind the nurses station instead of in our way where we have to walk w our fat butts + iv poles.

My room. I'm pretty sure us girls that went alone got the crappiest rooms. My room was SO tiny. Like I couldn't get between the foot of the bed and the wall without turning sideways and even then I was squeezing. I am a fatty bit my bmi was only 39, to give you a visual.

Oy. The noise. sleeping next to the border was near impossible for me.

At night, sometimes I'd come out of my room for something (like tp) and there was noone to be found. Good thing I didn't have an emergency. I just walked behind the station and grabbed some. Paper towels. Sigh. Whatever.

There was good too though.

Some of the nurses didn't speak English but I mean. I was in THEIR country so I kinda expected lt. They were really sweet and one in particular got her laptop out and showed me that she had a translator on it. So sweet. She was really pretty too. Anyway. They were all very sweet.

When I woke up in recovery I was actually next to a girl that was fast asleep with bandages all over her nose because shed just gotten a nose job. Awkward. As I came more to, I got to watch the monitor that dr. Garcia was using for another surgery. So cool!

Now. I've never been to Florence Hospital, so I don't know how it compares. Isn't there another surgeon here that works there? Is it Kelly?

But Ready 4 a Change was AWESOME, even after my surgery when I had complications and called alma, she still helped me get ahold of dr. Luna. Who by the way is a total cutie. <3.

I love that I met some vsters and sleeve sisters. The whole experience will always be dear to my heart. <3

[/quote']

I'm with Alma & R4C too! She is great! And I even got an email from dr Luna yesterday telling me we will get some blood thinners - I liked that personal touch that we are individual cases and not just cattle.

I like that you mentioned things you didn't love but weren't nasty about it. Very nice to read.

I'm happy w my choice to go to florence now... Quiet is a BIG DRAW! I know it won't be dead quiet but now I hear its next to the boarded I'm very glad we've changed hahaha

In was at florence last week. Deborah and Pretty in Pink were correct. You can't go wrong with Florence. I am so glad we got the opportunity to change. One MAIN thing with Florence was the call button. Mi doctors does not have it. Once I pushed the call button they were there. The nurses were so sweet and I didn't want for anything.