Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop having so many damn kids; population control, anyone?

I just clicked on this thread, and haven't read the entire abortion part, but abortion is one of my only big hot buttons.

I am totally totally anti-abortion.

I do think that it is murder,

I don't think it is the woman's right to choose to murder another human being.

I do think that it is ok for the government to step in and make a law to ban it when women are too ignorant and selfish to realize that they are murdering another person.

I am not all for big government, but when it comes to the wellbeing of innocent people that have no way to protect themselves, then I am all for it.

What if a woman had a child and the baby is now about a year old, and she decides that she can't be a mother, she doesn't want a baby, it wasn't in her plans, ect. ect. So she kills it. It's murder. She would be sent to prison, she took the life of a beautiful child.

there is no difference if the baby is inside of her. That baby had a soul and a heartbeat before she even knew she was pregnant. How could anyone, anyone human person justify murder?

But as a society we say, "well, it is a woman's right to choose, it's her body! blah blah blah. It's not her right to choose to kill someone, sorry but it's still murder no matter where that baby is living. That's right the baby is living in the womb, it shouldn't be sentenced to death because someone made a mistake and didn't feel like taking responsibility and took the cowards way out. To commit a murder.

If you get pregnant, and don't want it, give it up for adoption. Give that life a chance, you were given one.

Do you have any other solutions other than adoption? A lot of people aren't going to put up for baby for adoption. I have seen 1st hand that people get wrapped up in a cute baby that they don't want and end up keeping it to abuse later. My cousins mother told her that adoption & abortion were out of the ? (and of course she didn't offer to raise the baby). A lot of babies (especially non-white, non-healthy due to drug use etc.) go unadopted.

Does anyone have any other solutions? And are you saying that we should just outlaw abortion? And are there any cases when you think abortion is okay?

trying to do a quote thing

Because not everyone believes in the soul. Keep in mind that as real as it may be to you, it's nonsense to someone else. When you get into the legality and science (medical and I guess legal) there are divergent definitions of "baby", and there are divergent definitions of "murder".

Ok, so to some people there is no soul, but still doesn't justify killing a person, soul or no soul. Murder is murder. Black and white, there is no gray. It's the people who put no value on a human life who come up with the gray areas of what is murder.

One other thing. If you don't believe the statistics, how about believing me? I am a personal witness to the violence perpetrated against pro-lifers. I have been spat on, pushed, kicked, cursed, had people bare their breasts and rear ends in the hopes that I would be offended and leave,

Well, Sweetie, you aren't the ONLY personal witness here. My big, blue sign and I were there, too. Along with a big bunch of gay guys (ACT UP LA) who wouldn't have had sex with a woman if she PAID them, and a bunch of husbands there with their wives...so there goes the rapist theory. (And while I've never been asked to blow up a church, I suspect that a number of "good, God-fearing Christians of the KKK-ilk HAVE been involved in such activities.) Not to mention that your source TOTALLY lacks credibility.

If what you are saying is that you were pushed when you placed your body between a fully competent woman and her medical care because YOU assumed she MIGHT be having something done that YOU didn't approve of, then you--and any other self-serving, my-values-determine-what-you-can-do self-righteous pawn of the religion-factories--are really lucky you weren't in MY way. I'll go to my medical care regardless of what anyone else thinks...and anyone who decides to sacrifice their body to stop me may well find their body...you know...sacrificed. But that was THEIR choice.

Oh...and anyone who thinks that the only service provided at those clinics is abortion is a moron.

And WWJD? He'd provide free medical care to those who needed it and hang out with a hooker, last I heard.

Oh, yeah...and almost ALL of the anti-choice groups are--when you pin them down--also anti-contraception. It just that most of their blind followers, don't pin them down.

I watched Bill O'Reilly last night, that girl's story almost made me cry. And this is going on all the time with that doctor, SICK.

So, it was the abortion that screwed up her life? Not the fact that she was 20-weeks pregnant at age 14? I'm confused.

Ok, so to some people there is no soul, but still doesn't justify killing a person, soul or no soul. Murder is murder. Black and white, there is no gray. It's the people who put no value on a human life who come up with the gray areas of what is murder.
There is absolute gray, and black, and white. A lot of it centers around when your definition (often defined through a religious proclamation) of life begins.

And - wow - were we speaking of being judgmental? You are now qualified to say that I (or anyone else) has no value for human life, because I believe there are gray areas? What qualifies you to make that ruling, the fact that you're LDS?

If abortion is not for you, don't have one, period. I just can't see being FORCED by the state to remain pregnant if you don't want to be. [/color]But like you said Alexandra, DECREASE THE UNWANTED PREGNANCIES! People need education and BC availibility. I hate to say this and burst anyone's bubble, but outlawing legal, safe, and available abortion will NOT stop people from having non-procreational sex. I have a son that was VERY, VERY planned and still think women (including myself) should have control over their own bodies. I don't know how someone can be judged if you are not in their situation. I in NO way think it s/b used a BC (like my ex-family member who had 6, that we know of), but she's a plain moron to begin with.

:clap2:

The problem is, IN MY OPINION, because it IS legal and always an option, it DOES become a method of birth control.

The problem is, IN MY OPINION, because it IS legal and always an option, it DOES become a method of birth control.

But since it isn't YOUR birth control, why is it YOUR concern?

Do you have any other solutions other than adoption? A lot of people aren't going to put up for baby for adoption.

I've never quite understood this line of reasoning....people will not consider adoption as the best solution to an unplanned pregnancy...why?

Wouldn't you feel better about yourself, knowing that you gave your child life, and gave another woman who desperately wanted to be a mom that opportunity?

Is it just the convenience factor? The selfish motives, it's-all-about-me mentality....I don't want to go thru a whole pregnancy and get nothing out of it? Or it would be "too hard" on me to carry a baby to term, only to give it up for adoption?

I am the mother of an adopted child. If abortion had been legal when he was born, I would not have my Tommy. The thought makes my blood run cold.

But since it isn't YOUR birth control, why is it YOUR concern?

It's not my concern, I was just stating my opinion. That's still allowed here, right??

In the criminal justice system of most states, the murder of a pregnant woman constitutes the killing of TWO people - not one. I don't understand how that statute can co-exist with the notion that it's NOT illegal for a doctor to kill the same child via abortion. Is it because the mom wanted a live baby in the first instance, but not in the second? Maybe that's logical to some people, but not to me. If a woman is to be allowed total control over what happens to HER body, then why are other laws allowed to intervene, but not laws against abortion? It's not okay - legally speaking - for a woman to use her body to make a living (prostitution). It's not legal for a woman to abuse her own body with drugs.

To me, the it's-my-body argument doesn't hold Water. Unless, of course, you are a TRUE advocate of freedom of choice - in all matters of the body.