Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hang in there. I had the same problem. No one in Tucson would look at me. I found one in Phoenix but they wanted $500 to join the practice and fills were like $175 a piece. I eventually went to Dr Berger in Flagstaff (4 hour one way) for fills under Fluoro for $200. I loved him, loved have fills under Fluoro.

Well when my gallbladder went wonky... and I got a new PCP (who is banded... ROCKS) he said that was ridiculous and gave me several names of Dr who should be able to fill me. Said if they still said no HE would call them personally. I went to Dr Monash for my gallbladder surgery and he said he would absolutely do my fills. So now I have a 20 minute drive cross town and they are only $100. Not under fluoro... but I will live. ha ha.

So you never know. I call Dr Monash before when he was affiliated with another Dr and they flat out said no. Now that he is on his own, I think he is more open to the practice. He just wanted me to have the upper GI done to see positioning and I am good to go. First fill scheduled for the 17th with him.

Keep calling. Keep checking. It will work out! $800 is absurd! $300 is absurd! Be careful of fill centers... they make me nervous!

Wow!!! That is absurd! I would drop him like a hot potato. No going back. You already gave him a chance. Time to find someone else in my opinion. That sounded like a horrible experience.

STOPCOCK??? What the hell is that??? I almost spewed Water all over my monitor! ha ha.

AWESOME congrats missy!!! How inspiring!

Silly Dork!

A Stopcock (not what you think!) is a device that has three openings and a lever that allows you to change which opening is open -- so you can add fill, close that opening, then remove the needle, and add more fill -- this way you don't have to remove the catheter from the port. (sorry nurses, I was trying to explain it in lay terms) (no pun intended!)

Hi ya Miss Dee~

My bandiversary is on 12/12. Only 17 more to go. I am more motivated than ever...I just want to get there and stay there. A new "home" for me if you will!!!

HOW ARE YOU MY SWEET FRIEND?!?!?

weight.png

I wasn't sure when your Bandiversary was. Only 17 more pounds to go, is amazing! Did you ever think you'd make it to goal in one year? I bet you are more motivated. I'm excited about starting the BFL. I was reading last night something Dr. Oz said about our weight and what our bodies feel best at. He said that if we can go back and see what we weighed throughout our early teen years, that is most likely the weight our bodies will be most comfortable at. For me, that's 130's to 150's. I'd love to go there again.

I see you got your ticker to work! GREAT! You're my fellow Husker Fan!

Sorry to have alarmed so many.

I've gotten so many PM's since my "Going to be away" post that I'll come back and clarify.

First, please withdraw me from the challenge. My focus will be on healing this broken body rather than the numbers of losing pounds.

The physical therapy is quite painful. I come home numb and sore.

I find that adding the challenge of 'did I lose weight' is not productive for me.

I know that I know that I know that I am doing the best I can for myself at this time. That the numbers do not move is no reflection on me not trying. There is just so much going on with my body right now.

The medication, the last one, has me feeling fine one day and then suddenly I woke up and was soooo depressed. Last night I cried for hours.

So between the meds, the scoliosis, the damage to my spine and still trying to work, I find I am so tapped.

We've talked often here about stepping away from things that are not what you need at this time. So I am doing the same.

I feel it necessary to come and touch base so no one worries where I am.

I'm fine but sore and tired and trying to get that balance.

So I'll leave it at that and I know you all understand it when I say I must FIND MY FOOTING. That's what I'm doing.

I'll be back! Love to all.

I've gotten so many PM's since my "Going to be away" post that I'll come back and clarify.

First, please withdraw me from the challenge. My focus will be on healing this broken body rather than the numbers of losing pounds.

I find that adding the challenge of 'did I lose weight' is not productive for me.

I know that I know that I know that I am doing the best I can for myself at this time. That the numbers do not move is no reflection on me not trying. There is just so much going on with my body right now.

The medication, the last one, has me feeling fine one day and then suddenly I woke up and was soooo depressed. Last night I cried for hours.

So between the meds, the scoliosis, the damage to my spine and still trying to work, I find I am so tapped.

We've talked often here about stepping away from things that are not what you need at this time. So I am doing the same.

So I'll leave it at that and I know you all understand it when I say I must FIND MY FOOTING. That's what I'm doing.

Sweetie,

Do what you need to do to heal... we will always be here. We love you lots and I will keep you in my prayers.

Bless You,

dee~

Dee...

No way did I dream I would be at goal a year. I was 108-120 in early teens. There is NO way I could get there again. I think that I would be really unhealthy...That is me though. I am still in the 40's and am feeling ok. But the dumb number is stuck in my head. Why is that???

I am off to soccer, baseball and football. I will check in later!!

GO BIG RED!!!

weight.png

Lap~

I will be praying that you can find your "footing" and comfort soon. I hope everything adjusts itself out and that you will be as good as new before you know it.

I totally understand where your coming from...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Hey, careful there...there are WAY too many people that think Alaska is a state off the coast of California...really, my sister worked for Princess Tours and she'd have at least a dozen or so tourists pissed off that they were upset that they weren't on a tropical vacation!! Really!!:)

OMG Marcy that is hysterical! I can just imagine people packing their swim suits and shorts for an Alaskan cruise...serves them right! Sorry, my Jello mold has no Alaska - so guess I'll put Sarah someplace in Oregon....LOL, my cell phone does not have a camera, but I'll try to get somebody to take a photo

I didn't make it to calling the fine people in Gainsville today (I actually got facebooked by an old HS friend and went to lunch) but no worries, I will be calling!!! I have to hear this for myself!!! I am still shaking my head at the absurdity of it all!!!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxW5irw/]

weight.png

[/url]

Ok Brandy, but remember, we want DETAILS! :)

Love your ticker - look at you girl, you are "NORMAL" BMI/weight, OMG I have not been there since junior high. Congratulations!

I'm getting my surgery done at Parker Adventist on Weds 11/5 so I better see you! You can be the first bandster I meet! Unless of course, you ladies want to get together on Tues night 11/4. I'll have my mom with me, but she's even more awesome than I am. :) Besides, the night before surgery, I'm going to need some MAJOR calming-down and I think a few fellow bandsters would be just what I need to help me chill out!

Well ladies, I'm headed to Nags Head for the rest of the weekend. DH's grandpa isn't doing well, and our trip scheduled for next weekend apparently wasn't soon enough. :thumbup: Pray for us!

Jme, Dr. K's support group meeting is the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 at his office. I'll be there, and would love to meet you!

You will always have my best thoughts, prayers and concern. You are one of the most self-aware people here; you always seem to know when to say enough, time to regroup, listen to my body and heal. We'll be waiting for your return, Patty. Thanks for touching base now and letting us know.

Okay, lap band ladies, I have posted the first week results that I have so far. Anyhoo, for those who lost, WOOHOO!!! And for the rest of us . . . next week will be better.

Lap, I have taken your name off the list. Please do what you need to heal and feel better. Also know that we are here for you when you need us.

Jaime, my thoughts are with you.

Adorkable Goal: 15/ wk 1: +5:laugh:

Bahotmomma Goal: 17/ wk 1: -1:laugh:

BellaPerdente Goal: 25/ wk 1: 0:laugh:

Bookholder Goal: 15:smile:

Brandymom Goal: 20/ wk 1: -3.5:laugh:

Deboregon Goal: 15 :thumbup:

DenverGirl Goal: 8/ wk 1: -2:laugh:

Greenchrysalis Goal: 15 :huh2:

Lifesaver Goal: 15 :thumbup:

Lotzasunshine Goal: 20/wk 1: -2 :)

Marcyinak Goal: 16/wk 1: -4:laugh:

Minidriver Goal: 16/wk 1: -0:laugh:

Munchkin Goal: 15/wk 1: +1:laugh:

PrtyAntOvrYt Goal: 28/wk 1: +.8 :thumbup:

ShelbiCallie Goal: 22/wk 1: 0:laugh:

Sidann Goal: 19 :tt2:

Edited by minidriver
adding denvergirl's stats

OMG Marcy that is hysterical! I can just imagine people packing their swim suits and shorts for an Alaskan cruise...serves them right! Sorry, my Jello mold has no Alaska - so guess I'll put Sarah someplace in Oregon....LOL, my cell phone does not have a camera, but I'll try to get somebody to take a photo

Denver, your Jello mold sounds fabulous.

Yes, it's amazing how ignorant people are of where things are in our country, let alone around the world.

Upcoming Bandito Events:

Body For Life challenge starting 9/17/08 - Lifesaver is our fearless leader! (thanks Life!) 1st 12 week - to end 12/10/08

September 23rd, Atlanta bread Company, @ 5:30pm, Aurora Town Center (we're going to show Deb a good time!)

October (we need to determine a date for our Red Robin group)

November 4th, Meet Jaime for "the night before she joins us on the bench" dinner (location TBD)

(shall we make the 11/4/08 gathering our usual monthly gathering?)