Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Munchie, did you ask about that "overlimit" permit thing?

Apparently it only exists on the Iowa side of the river, not over here. :lol:

Thanks all for your advice about my fill. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS BAND!!! Things have settled down. I was wondering if it has to do with TOM???? I felt like it was going to start, but it didn't. I was supposed to start a couple of days ago. I am wondering if my "tightness" was worse because "TOM" was supposed to come. I am going to give it a couple of more days and see if I continue to eat ok. Dee, my lapband buddy, you are my hero!!! Good luck on your interview:thumbup:

I don't get much time to read all the posts but I do catch up some time. Patty, I am thinking about you. Stay strong. Your daughter is lucky to have you.

Munchin, your neighbors are EVIL. The dogs aren't the issue. They are trying everything to break you down. They are going to find new "issues" until you can't take it anymore and move. You need to find some dirty laundry on them so you can use it to blackmail them.:lol:

Halloween challenge: -7 pounds (I think). I can't remember what my starting weight was. I am keeping track by my ticker information. I weighed in at 230 this morning. I can't believe it. :w00t:

Wow Bella, fantastic weight loss!! But make sure your band isn't too tight! I am glad things seem to have calmed down.

And yes, you are right-it is not about the dogs-they ARE trying to break me until I move. Unfortunately moving is financially not an option at this point so I guess I just have to take this crap from them. But like I said before, there is really not anything worse they can do to me than have one of my dogs taken away, so they will running out of any ammunition that will actually harm me after that. And yes, the are EVIL. Oh, and I have tried to find dirty laundry on them to no avail.

Thanks all for your advice about my fill. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS BAND!!! Things have settled down. I was wondering if it has to do with TOM???? I felt like it was going to start, but it didn't. I was supposed to start a couple of days ago. I am wondering if my "tightness" was worse because "TOM" was supposed to come. I am going to give it a couple of more days and see if I continue to eat ok. Dee, my lapband buddy, you are my hero!!! Good luck on your interview:thumbup:

Bella, TOM can really do that to me too! Just prior to and during TOM, I can hardly eat anything and I really have to pay attention to my bites. I was reading recently that one concern of having your band too tight is stretching your upper tummy. If your upper tummy stretches, you have to have a total unfill and then let your tummy rest and hopefully return to it's original size. I'd have to talk to Dr. K about this, but I do know that he has admonished my friend about eating too fast - telling her that she could stretch her upper tummy (pouch) - by overfilling it.

So I went to the Urgent Care to get my toe x-ray'ed...how do you spell x-ray'ed??? LOL

Anyways, I fractured my pinky toe in two different places, so they taped my pinky toe to the toe next to it, wrapped my foot in an ACE bandage, and put my foot in this awesome little boot. Yea, it would have cost me a lot less to buy those supplies at CVS and wrap it up myself - but oh well, I feel better knowing that I didn't break a bone in my foot, and that's it's just a toe fracture. Oh, and they gave me pain killers - yay!

Gosh, it's almost the weekend! Yea! Me and my foot boot are going to Myrtle Beach! :lol:

I broke my pinkie toe when I was in college. I fell down the stairs. Have fun at the beach.

Ok, so here is what I found out about the dog situation. It was my dads friend that was the animal control officer that came to the house about the complaint. He said it was an anonymous complaint. Go figure that they wouldn't even have the balls to leave their names!! Anyway, he said he does not put much effort into following up on anonymous complaints because he feels people should fess up to who they are if they are complaining. He came while I was gone yesterday, looked around my yard, saw it was clean, etc, and decided he would not pursue the matter any further.

HOWEVER, he said if they complain again (and they most assuredly will) that they will send a different animal control officer who will make me comply with city code.

So, now I just have to sit here and WAIT for these horrible people to pull the rug out from under my feet.

I went to my therapist today and he basically concurred that these people clearly are not right and that they will probably not stop with one phone call to animal control. So I was a mess in my therapy appt, bawling the whole time. I am now officially back on antidepressants. Shelbi, they put me on Pristiq too. We are antidepressant twins! I was surprised he did not put me back on Effexor but he said Pristiq works just like Effexor only it is one pill a day. I am good with that since I am horrible at remembering to take pills.

I can't stand just sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop. I told Bob that the only good things about this are that A) they will be running out of ammunition and :w00t: anything they do to me after this will pale in comparison to this if one of my dogs has to go to a different home. If I do have to get rid of one dog and I am in compliance, they will not be able to get me in trouble for that any longer, and the GLOVES WILL BE COMING OFF. I have not wanted to stoop to their level during this whole ordeal, but the time has come to not put up with this anymore if one of my dogs has to leave.

I say take the gloves off Sister! I'm so glad you have a therapist! I wish I had a good one! And I agree with Bella, they can't think of anything else to do to you, so they picked on the dogs. I have a feeling, they will just keep finding crap to irriatate you!

Mini,

I gained 2 in week 3, but lost 2 in week 4, so guess that means zero? LOL!

Glad to say that even with my small fill I finally do feel some restriction and sense that a band is actually in there working.

Mini,

You can count me in for losing 1.8lbs this week.

I think about 50% of the excess Fluid is gone.

Finally!!!:lol:

So this morning I took Brutus out to the county animal shelter to get his license and rabies vaccination, because somehow the paperwork for his other rabies vaccination got lost in the shuffle at the other shelter when I adopted him. When I got out of the car, the county animal control officer was standing there talking to the other animal control officer for the city where I live. They both started commenting on how beautiful and good Brutus is, and I promptly started bawling. So I told the other city animal control officer the whole story of the neighbors, how Brutus was severely malnourished and abused when I adopted him, etc. She was pretty sympathetic and suggested a few things. She told me to attempt to get a kennel license through the city, but that is going to be harder than we thought because of zoning issues. She also suggested that I get a foster home license through the State of Illinois. I got home, printed that application out, put the check in with it, and sent it off as soon as I was done.

So hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am still going to try the kennel license-she told me if I had to, to lie and say that I was keeping Brutus there as a stud dog for breeding purposes (it doesn't ask anywhere on the app if the animals are neutered or not.) But it does sound like it won't work because of zoning. The zoning people and the animal control officer both have to sign off on it. But, if the zoning people only come and walk around my property, I don't see what the harm would be.

The animal control officer just repeated the same thing as the other one-make sure my yard is pristinely clean (which it is) and make sure they are not barking. I will get bark collars for all of them if I have to if it means I get to keep them! (As much as I hate those things!)

Puff Mama-I am down 2 pounds for the week, no doubt because of the gastroenteritis I had in the beginning of the week and the fact that now I just don't want to eat because I am one huge ball of anxiety. Sigh...

Off to get ready for work gals! Have a good night!

Hi lap band ladies. I don't often like to ask for help, but I'm feeling pretty panicky right now. My son has been living at his girlfriend's house for the past few months. She is bipolar and he has paranoid schizophrenia, so they are both rather fragile people. Well, she called my daughter today and said that my son got very drunk last night (he has substance abuse issues) and the two of them got into a big fight. He left the house, stating that he planned to commit suicide. No one has seen him since. He is not answering his phone. I've checked the jail, and I've checked his phone activity (he hasn't used his phone since 11 last night) , etc.

He has threatened suicide before and never followed through, but it's hard not to take it seriously. He really doesn't have friends, other than his "drug gang" from years past and I have no idea how to contact any of them to look for him. I really don't know what to do. I just feel so sad.

Thanks for listening.

Hey, guys! Lots of activity in two days!!

Adork: great pix! How old are you....12???? U don't look old enough to be married...sheesh....

I love you. Can I marry you? bwahahaha. You are too sweet!! I am 31 going on 32 next month.
Adork, Next time you visit Denver, come on over! We'll sit in the hot tub and have some vino. I keep mine sparkling clean, no bacteria in here, honest. But I did listen to you veterans and did not go in. My fill is this week, so I'll ask Dr. K's permission then.

I love hot tubs... I have one myself attached to my pool.... just meant they are yucky with healing surgery wounds. lol. And hell yeah I will join you next time I am up there! :biggrin:

OMG!! I was at the mall yesterday and was starving and realized I hadn't eaten all day. I spotted a Starbucks and remembered you talking about the Vivanno. I got the chocolate banana one and it was the yummiest. 270 calories but 21 gr. of Protein and filled me up, thanks for posting about it :w00t:
I know.... DA BOMB. Love um! Glad you enjoyed it!
Hello All:

Dropping in for a quick hello.

So much to tell.

I am so glad you have been able to get the help for your daughter that she needs. Take care of your grandson!!! Things will be ok... as a former foster momma... you know what needs to be done. (((hugs)))
Well, I just got home from the Plastic Surgeon's Office.

He was extremely nice and very encouraging. He said some really nice things to me.

I am glad you had such a good visit!! does he have info online? I have the worst stomach and arms ever (bet my arms would make his jaw go slack too) and would love to see some photos. I hadn't even THOUGHT of looking into PS already. Thought it would be waaaay too soon. If I could get insurance to cover some procedures I would be THRILLED but they have a strict opt out policy fo WLS and Excess skin removal. *sigh*

Can you all do some praying for my family? We just found out today that my Dad has a mass in his brain. They are doing a biopsy on Monday to find out what it is. My dad isn't even 50 yet. I am really scared.

I am so sorry sweetie. My thoughts are with your family. (((GIANT HUGS))) I have been there. I know how you are feeling. If you need to talk call me or PM me.

Ok, now everytime my dogs even bark when they are playing I am totally paranoid. I cannot live like this!!
Oh sweetie I am so sorry your neighbors are poo poo heads. I hope the foster home plan works and you can keep all your babies with you. Hang in there. I know it is stressful right now. Just keep loving on them and it will make you feel better. :thumbup:
So I went to the Urgent Care to get my toe x-ray'ed...how do you spell x-ray'ed??? LOL

Anyways, I fractured my pinky toe in two different places, so they taped my pinky toe to the toe next to it, wrapped my foot in an ACE bandage, and put my foot in this awesome little boot. Yea, it would have cost me a lot less to buy those supplies at CVS and wrap it up myself - but oh well, I feel better knowing that I didn't break a bone in my foot, and that's it's just a toe fracture. Oh, and they gave me pain killers - yay!

Gosh, it's almost the weekend! Yea! Me and my foot boot are going to Myrtle Beach! :thumbup:

I am glad you got patched up. Hopefully the pain will subside some now! lol. Toe fractures SUCK. :)
Hi lap band ladies. I don't often like to ask for help, but I'm feeling pretty panicky right now. My son has been living at his girlfriend's house for the past few months. She is bipolar and he has paranoid schizophrenia, so they are both rather fragile people. Well, she called my daughter today and said that my son got very drunk last night (he has substance abuse issues) and the two of them got into a big fight. He left the house, stating that he planned to commit suicide. No one has seen him since. He is not answering his phone. I've checked the jail, and I've checked his phone activity (he hasn't used his phone since 11 last night) , etc.

He has threatened suicide before and never followed through, but it's hard not to take it seriously. He really doesn't have friends, other than his "drug gang" from years past and I have no idea how to contact any of them to look for him. I really don't know what to do. I just feel so sad.

Thanks for listening.

I am sending positive thoughts your way. Have you contacted the authorities? They can send out an ATL (atempt to locate). More eyes out looking for him. Also if his phone is on, they can get his cell company to track the emergency GPS. We located a suicidal subject that way at my old agency and they were able to find him before it was too late. (In that sitation we knew he had taken something)

As someone that has suffered major depression and suicidal ideaologies... I am hoping that he is just in a bad place and throwing out empty threats again. Please update us when you hear more. Keep trying to call and reach him. When I was in that place all I wanted was for someone to talk to me. (((GIANT HUGS)))

Ok... now that I am caught up. I have had a REALLY crappy week. First things first, weigh in:

Lost 0 Gained 0

....which is a miracle considering I bailed on the gym all week, at like crap, and caved to the B&J Cake Batter ice cream. :cake:

I am seriously worried I may have a leak in my band. After having only 4cc pulled out of my band last week (one week after I was supposed to have 6cc) I again have NO restriction. I am supposed to have almost 7cc's in my band right now and just do not think that is the case. I am contemplating going in again this week to have him extract the Fluid to see how much is in there.

He had to poke me about 3 times last week before he hit my port. I asked him bout the stopcock and he doesn't use one because of potential risk to the port. His explanation made perfect sense. So I do think he is extra cautious... and I want to believe that I am just over reacting but I keep hearing that clicking sound in my head... of the needle rubbing over the port as he tries to find the right spot... and can't help but wonder if something got jabbed. ARGH.

I am just so frustrated right now. I feel like I haven't had this freaking surgery! I can eat anything and everything. I just need a mental break from all of this. Financially I am so in a hole from this I am starting to wonder if it was worth it. This has been one MF'ing long ASS DIET.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

:biggrin: :thumbup: :thumbup: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :present: :present: :present: :present: :party: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I need to find a support group or something. I feel so alone right now. :cake: I am sorry for my stupid vent. Everyone has got so much going on, I know my issues are petty... but it is how I am feeling right now and I have no where else to go to complain or vent about this.

I am thinking I may need to go back on my meds. I somehow went astray again on my anti deppresants and think perhaps it has caught up with me. :cake: :)

Hi dorkie one. I am really ambivalent about calling the police. He has some pending charges against him right now that we went through major hoops to get transferred to mental health court, but the deal hasn't gone through yet. If he is using, I'm afraid they would arrest him again and put him in jail and all the other charges would get piled on him again. He already spent a year in jail. He totally decompensated. On the other hand, what if he's serious this time and we don't call? I feel kind of paralyzed right now. I have left several messages for him but haven't heard anything. Thanks for the hugs.

Hi dorkie one. I am really ambivalent about calling the police. He has some pending charges against him right now that we went through major hoops to get transferred to mental health court, but the deal hasn't gone through yet. If he is using, I'm afraid they would arrest him again and put him in jail and all the other charges would get piled on him again. He already spent a year in jail. He totally decompensated. On the other hand, what if he's serious this time and we don't call? I feel kind of paralyzed right now. I have left several messages for him but haven't heard anything. Thanks for the hugs.

Tough spot to be in. My thoughts on that are, HE is the one that put you in this situation by saying the things he said. It isn't fair. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation... except the damned if you don't is too serious to ignore.

USUALLY if it is a mental health issue with a suicidal subject, law enforcement CAN overlook certain things. I know my agency would transport to get him the help he needs instead of trying to rack up drug charges. Unless of course they do find him, he denies being suicidal, and gives officers a hard time... then they may very well arrest him for drugs, or whatever else he may have pending.

Personally... if it were someone I loved, and I hadn't heard from him in a day after threats were made, I would call. I would rather have them in jail and alive than dead somewhere because I afraid they would get arrested or mad at me. I know that is put simply, and it is more complicated than that.

I have put my family in that situation before. Fortunately never to the extent where law enforcement has had to intervene... if it got to that point, I would be upset... but then when I got my shit in order and myself in check I would realize it was MY actions that caused that outcome. I was the one that forced them into making that call.

Best of luck on what you decide. I am worried with you. I can't imagine how you feel. I think I can probably relate more with your son right now.

((SOME MORE GIANT HUGS))

Ok... now that I am caught up. I have had a REALLY crappy week. First things first, weigh in:

Lost 0 Gained 0

....which is a miracle considering I bailed on the gym all week, at like crap, and caved to the B&J Cake Batter ice cream. :cake:

I am seriously worried I may have a leak in my band. After having only 4cc pulled out of my band last week (one week after I was supposed to have 6cc) I again have NO restriction. I am supposed to have almost 7cc's in my band right now and just do not think that is the case. I am contemplating going in again this week to have him extract the Fluid to see how much is in there.

He had to poke me about 3 times last week before he hit my port. I asked him bout the stopcock and he doesn't use one because of potential risk to the port. His explanation made perfect sense. So I do think he is extra cautious... and I want to believe that I am just over reacting but I keep hearing that clicking sound in my head... of the needle rubbing over the port as he tries to find the right spot... and can't help but wonder if something got jabbed. ARGH.

I am just so frustrated right now. I feel like I haven't had this freaking surgery! I can eat anything and everything. I just need a mental break from all of this. Financially I am so in a hole from this I am starting to wonder if it was worth it. This has been one MF'ing long ASS DIET.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

:biggrin: :thumbup: :thumbup: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :present: :present: :present: :present: :party: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I need to find a support group or something. I feel so alone right now. :cake: I am sorry for my stupid vent. Everyone has got so much going on, I know my issues are petty... but it is how I am feeling right now and I have no where else to go to complain or vent about this.

I am thinking I may need to go back on my meds. I somehow went astray again on my anti deppresants and think perhaps it has caught up with me. :cake: :)

Oh, please don't give up. Look how far you have come!! You are in twoterville!!!

And please go back on your meds. Without going in to a long, involved explanation and neurotransmitters and receptors, you can really do yourself harm going on and off your meds. Consistency is the best thing you can do for your brain. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm being your mom, but this is the type of stuff I study.

Tough spot to be in. My thoughts on that are, HE is the one that put you in this situation by saying the things he said. It isn't fair. It is a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation... except the damned if you don't is too serious to ignore.

USUALLY if it is a mental health issue with a suicidal subject, law enforcement CAN overlook certain things. I know my agency would transport to get him the help he needs instead of trying to rack up drug charges. Unless of course they do find him, he denies being suicidal, and gives officers a hard time... then they may very well arrest him for drugs, or whatever else he may have pending.

Personally... if it were someone I loved, and I hadn't heard from him in a day after threats were made, I would call. I would rather have them in jail and alive than dead somewhere because I afraid they would get arrested or mad at me. I know that is put simply, and it is more complicated than that.

I have put my family in that situation before. Fortunately never to the extent where law enforcement has had to intervene... if it got to that point, I would be upset... but then when I got my shit in order and myself in check I would realize it was MY actions that caused that outcome. I was the one that forced them into making that call.

Best of luck on what you decide. I am worried with you. I can't imagine how you feel. I think I can probably relate more with your son right now.

((SOME MORE GIANT HUGS))

I guess I could call the CIT. Do you have that there? They are much less likely to shoot him or something if he is acting out. The last time we called the police he got pretty belligerant with them and I was afraid of what would happen, but they handled it pretty well.

During his early psychosis, we had to call the police once and they came at him with their guns drawn. It was horrifying. We had locked ourselves in the car (he was being threatening towards us) and I thought for sure they were going to shoot him. They tackled him to the ground and cuffed him but it took four of them to do it. When they get psychotic they are so strong and so difficult to control.

I hate this. It is him who put us in this situation, but he really doesn't have the capability to understand the ramifications of this kind of stuff. ARRGGHHH!!!!!!

Oh, please don't give up. Look how far you have come!! You are in twoterville!!!

And please go back on your meds. Without going in to a long, involved explanation and neurotransmitters and receptors, you can really do yourself harm going on and off your meds. Consistency is the best thing you can do for your brain. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm being your mom, but this is the type of stuff I study.

I know going on and off them is probably not a good thing. It is never intentional. I forget to take it one day, and then the next, and then before I know it a month has gone by. :biggrin: Of course it is easy to forget when I am feeling good. And easy to remember during times like right now where I frustrate easily and get pretty down. :)

I wish my hubby could just give me a shot when I sleep... then I wouldn't have to remember and he could get a little payback for the pain I probably am causing him! :thumbup: