Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Several of you were interested in the yaktrax I use over my shoes to keep from falling. I got them from Sierra Trading Post. . Here is a descripYaktrax Walker Pull-On Ice Traction (For Men and Women)

97358_99?wid=178&hei=178&fmt=jpeg&qlt=75,0&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=1.0,0.75,0.0,0&iccEmbed=0

(99) Asst

t_97358_2.jpg

Alternate View

Retail Price: $19.99

Our Price: $9.95

You Save: $10.04 (50%)

Item #97358

brand_default.gif

View all items from Yaktrax

(7 reviews)

Rate this product

Available Colors: Click to preview

99.jpg

Product Information 7 Customer Reviews Yaktrax Walker Pull-On Ice Traction (For Men and Women)

$9.95 $19.99 Save 50% Item #97358

Closeouts.Yaktrax innovative Walker pull-on ice traction grips add safety to help eliminate wintery slips, slides and falls. 1.2 mm steel coils dig into ice and packed snow

Easily slip onto boots or shoes

Includes carry bag

Weight: 4.8 oz.

Closeouts. China.

Size: S(W 6½-10, M 5-8½) M(W 10½-12½, M 9-11) L(W 13-15, M 11½-13½)

tion.

Thanks Marilyn!

I am going to go there and get a bracelet!

Mona!

How are you this morning? When do you drive back home? Are you feeling better? From what others have said, you will feel much better by the 4th or 5th day. Don't get discouraged -- let your sweet hubby take care of you and just believe that you'll feel better soon!

Mal!

I missed you, My Dear Mal! I hope you and your family are well.

Kirsten!

It was so nice to meet you and your sister last night! Everyone is so sweet! Diana, I'll be seeing you when I reach my first goal -- a nice massage.

Everyone, thanks so much for being so sweet and welcoming my friend, John. He enjoyed himself. Anita when you disappeared on our way out, I thought you had stopped to play in the Arcade. I asked John about it and he told me the true story! I had the image of you trying to win one of those toys for your sons! If I had known, I would have waited for you. I hate leaving women walking alone in a dark parking lot.

Okay Ladies!

My new surgery date is January 29th!

Please help me stay motivated and on target! I feel there are days that I'm not doing so well. This last week, I have been on the verge of tears almost constantly. Hormones, the holidays and the cancelled surgery has me just down.

Love you all!

stephie~

Hey, everyone! Last night was fun! So good to meet Kirsten and her sister Diana, and John! And always great to see everyone else! Maalani...I sure missed you! Hopefully next month? I think that the second Thursday of the month works out fairly well for most. Does that make it January 10th? Well, gonna post the pics! Sorry I was so chatty! Hopefully better next month!

Picture 1...from left to right-back:

Kirsten, Amy, Patricia, John and Dee

left to right-front

Michelle, Marilyn and Anita

The third picture is Diana and Kirsten.

The rest you all know!

post-216056-13813136038672_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813136039159_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813136039632_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813136040045_thumb.jpg

post-216056-13813136040481_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm doing better today. I can actually wipe myself in the rear again. Mona's post about the suppository was so funny. I had a pretty hard time getting it up there myself. I slept 1/2 of last night actually in the bed and 1/2 of the night in the recliner. So maybe I'm on the road to recovery.

Hey LB buddies!

Thanks for missing me last night, I missed y'all too! I really wanted to go, but I really needed to spend some time with my son. One of his friends committed suicide this week, so needless to say I have been at his side as much as possible. Isn't that terribly heart breaking? The boy was only a freshman in high school, very sad...my son is hurting and confused, the memorial service is tomorrow...I just hurt for his loved ones and all the young friends that this is affecting...:think

ANYWAY...I think everyone of you are glowing...beautiful smiles! Nice looking group!!:kiss2:

Happy Holidays!!

Mal,

I'm so sorry! I totally understand your time with your son was more important. He must be so confused and heartsick. Just keep telling him that is not the answer. There is a better way to deal with these problems in our lives. Last year a friend of mine's son killed himself. The preacher at the funeral said, "Sometimes the world gives us more than we think we can handle and we forget God will help us and we take matters in our own hands." It's very sad. I hope your son and his family will be okay and able to get through this time.

Love,

dee~

Thanks Dee,

It has been a tough week, I hope that my son and his friends can find some comfort in tomorrows memorial service. It is difficult enough going through the daily struggles of being an Adolecent, these yound adults now have a death of a friend to deal with, it just breaks my heart...

Hi Everyone -

Mal - I really missed you on Thursday. I am so sorry about the loss of a young life. Kids just don't get how irreversible their actions are sometimes and they affect everyone around them. What a heartbreaking event for the child's family and friends. I'm glad you are spending time with your son. Love is all there really is in this world. Kids think that the pain they are in won't get better, they don't have perspective, and sometimes act rashly. Your son will have to forgive his friend too. That is really hard.

Woofay - thanks for posting the pictures. I think we are a splendid group, altho' I didn't like my picture. I have a different idea of myself in my mind. I am ready for a fill. I think I can handle it, the loss of food comfort. I'm sure I'll shed a few tears too. I don't seem to be as "happy" when I am restricted tightly. I am such an addict, the band has taught me that for sure. I hope your time with family is more wonderful than awful. Take some time away, with all those hands to help, perhaps a massage? Nails and toes? Just time for you to pamper.

Dee - Thanks for bringing John, such a nice guy. I hope he'll come with us again and that we didn't overwhelm him. It was fun having the large group. Next time, I will ask them to reserve a window area for us. It will be quieter than by the kitchen. January will be a very good month for you, my dear.

Mare - I was thinking about your Xmas disappointment. It is kind of another level of letting go. For years our children live by our rules, then they grow and leave, and make their own rules. It is wonderful that you are honoring your daughter's request.

I got my son home from the hospital late Wednesday afternoon. By Friday - he HAD to leave, to be on his own, our house was too BORING. It hurts to let go, but I had to honor his request and be happy that he feels so independent. Yuck!

So, I am going to the gym. Be good and have fun too.

Michelle

Michelle,

I was thinking about your son and I think it's important that you report the treatment he rec'd. It's totally unfair that he had to wait so long for his pain meds. The "ask-a-nurse" should be calling to get his opinion of his care there -- that would be a good idea to mention it. I have to say it's something we discuss constantly when it comes to patient satisfaction surveys.

Thanks for welcoming John. I think he enjoyed himself. He thanked me for inviting him. He's a nice guy and I think he'll be a nice addition to our group and like Marilyn said, we need a man around. Heck, I need a man around -- please!!

I'm looking forward to January, the New Year, a New Me!

I got accepted to grad school yesterday in Lincoln Nebraska for the fall of 2008. I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm going to give it some thought! I applied such a long time ago!

I'm glad your son felt well enough to go to his own place. I know how you feel about not wanting him to leave home. Our babies will always be our babies! No matter how old they are, how big they grow or where they live. We will always hold them in our hearts -- as the biggest and most important part of who we are. Our children, sigh.

BTW, I hated my picture of myself too! It looks like I'm working with half a brain cell and that night it was out of service! Can everyone say YIKES!?

Love,

dee~

Hey Gang!!! I made it back to VA safe and sound and just wanted to say Thanks for including both me and my sister in your dinner on Thursday night....we both had a great time!!! :huggie:

MAL...so sorry to hear about your sons friend....that is so sad!!

Anita...thanks for posting the pics, they came out great!

My fill seems to be doing great! I went til almost noon yesterday before I was actually feeling hungry!! It appears I can eat most things, as long as its slowly and small! ;) I'm Happy Happy!

Hello Everyone,

MAL so sorry about the young one. I'll remember the family and friends in my prayers.

Mark and I are on our way, we have made it from Vancouver Island, BC all the way to Amarillo, Texas. Tomorrow we'll store our travel trailer (way to cold for it in Denver) and then head for Aurora. We won't be there until Monday late afternoon but Mark's pre-op is Tuesday.

He's doing great on the Atkins (very dedicated). Fear of his liver being floppy/fatty and difficult to retract have been a strong motivator.

He's having more trouble with getting off the Diet Coke (and I'm afraid I'm not a good influence there either). We found a Water supplement, sweetened with Equal, that has caffeine that should help with kicking the soda.

We are finding out that eating out isn't as hard as we thought as long as we are careful (portions are too big but we take home a doggie bag).

I had a strange experience at Denny's last night (closest thing to the hotel). I ordered fish with a salad & baked potato. Mark had a steak, salad (hold the dressing) and steamed veggies. I couldn't finish my salad or my potato and I realized that in a few weeks we would be sharing a single meal. It was a powerful moment!

I'm going to miss the romance of cooking together (being in the kitchen together creating a meal can be really romantic) but I'm looking forward to skinny sex (OHHH! can't believe that I said that but it's true). :huggie:

Mark's re-girthing day is going to be December 19th. Our 20th wedding anniversary is Dec. 27th.

Judy

Hi, Threedogpeople! Welcome to the board! So you're coming down from

Canada, eh? (sorry, just had to!) And your hubby is going to be banded on the 19th? Yay! What a wonderful new beginning for your new year! And Happy Anniversary too! I hope the weather cooperates for you, but I guess your used to it being from so far north. And you can still cook together! Healthier foods can be exotic and sexy too! (almost more when they are hard to find, expensive ingredients.) I wish him all the luck with the rest of his time on the diet and with the surgery. What Water supplement have you found with caffiene? I'm always looking for new things! The diet coke thing is hard to stop. I love diet coke. I can rarely get it down now, and I really can't chug it without serious consequenses...(chugging gives you that blast of flavor, cold and carbonation burn in your thoat that is just so satisfying!:))

Again...Congrats! And keep us posted on how he's doing!:whoo:

Kirsten! So glad that you and your sister could join us! It was a fun group! Also glad you made it home all safe and sound. How neat that your restriction is back and feeling right! It's such a wierd thing to get the restriction right. You'll hafta let us know when your back with your freebie trip...I love any reason to gather for RR night! Keep us posted with the progress of your new fill.

Have a good one!