Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Seriously, Munchkin can come to town whenever she wants. I have lost 3.2lbs since Monday. That's 3.2lbs in 3 days!!! :thumbup: I mean, TOM came to town last weekend so I realize that hindered me a little, but OMG it's amazing! I haven't lost this much weight this fast since surgery. I'm super stoked. I hope it holds out and it's not just a fluke!

I'll keep your friend Sammy in my thoughts and prayers. We are so fortunate to have had Dr. K. He is so skilled and he is so logical when it comes to things like fills and pre-op/post-op diets. I just feel we were so blessed!

Keep us posted as to how Sammy is doing!

Hey Patty, we both have 143 lbs to lose to goal!

I'm catching up with old reads here.

143 sounds about right!

I have not heard from Sammy of late. I'll keep you posted of his updates.

Check the page before this one. I posted a looooooong update and news and then...zip....the next page shows up.

I'll repost my request for info.

BUMP

Hello my friends! No I didn't drop off the planet. I'm still kicking :thumbup: and counting the days until my trip to Denver.

Right now, as I plan this trip to Denver, I suddenly found I was on the Greyhound Bus site checking bus schedules from Denver to Rapid City.

I want to go to the Black Hills.

Since I first discovered Black Hills Gold

with MR5990BL.jpgthe rose gold and green gold accents, I fell in love.G309.jpg

I have dreamed of seeing the source of the story behind the grapes and leaves since I was atleast 14 years old. I turn 50 in December, it's time.

So to my friends out there in the west. I'm arriving in Denver in June. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to get there from Denver.

Should I fly? Should I take a bus? Should I rent a car?

All in all, my mind can only envision myself out there, far from the palm trees, sand and surf, staring at those enormous mountains you all are so fortunate to have.

My appt. with the good doctor is the 11th or the 9th, Tuesday or Thursday, I don't have my planner nearby. And from there one of the reasons Colordo was chosen to have my surgery was because going for a fill is like a vacation to me.

Glad tidings to all. I look forward to reading suggestions for the Black Hills journey in June.

Hugs to all.

Patty the Lapdancer

I'm catching up with old reads here.

143 sounds about right!

I have not heard from Sammy of late. I'll keep you posted of his updates.

Check the page before this one. I posted a looooooong update and news and then...zip....the next page shows up.

I'll repost my request for info.

I know exactly what you mean by an out of body experience. I noticed the other day, "this hand driving my car" for a split second, I thought, "who's hand is that?" It was mine. My fingers are long and slim and my wrists are very noticeable. It's strange!

Have you even flown Southwest Airlines? I flew to Albany for $99.00 and it was the best. I purchased two tickets on my own because I don't inconveniencing another passanger. Anyway if you purchase two tickets due to your size, you pre-board and if they are not overbooked, they refund your second ticket. The price is right and I was treated well. AND the best part is the arm rest was able to go into place and the seat belt fit without an extender. I was pretty comfy and actually could have flown with one seat.

I hope Sammy is doing okay. It's been a while since his surgery.

I love the Black Hills. I'm planning a trip there this coming summer.

I have good news to share..was hopping on the scale this morning, hoping, hoping, hoping to finally get to 199...and it read "198"! I half expected confetti to fall from the ceiling and horns to blow. This is also a milestone for me, since this number changes my BMI from the "obese" to "overweight" category....never been so happy to be overweight!

Congrats! :thumbup: That's great news!!!

So Munchkin has been in town since Monday night. We've had a blast, I just love her to death!

Last night we went to the Dave Matthews concert and it was soooo much fun! Here's a picture! She's so short, she makes me look like an Amazon, but I'm only 5'8" :smile:

[ATTACH]16752[/ATTACH]

Yep! I love the Munchi-girl! She lives up to her name! AND she's just adorable! I met her in the recovery room and it was love at first sight! I have a friend who met her too and she still asks about her! The pic is great! Thanks for posting it!

BUMP
Hello my friends! No I didn't drop off the planet. I'm still kicking :) and counting the days until my trip to Denver.

Right now, as I plan this trip to Denver, I suddenly found I was on the Greyhound Bus site checking bus schedules from Denver to Rapid City.

I want to go to the Black Hills.

Since I first discovered Black Hills Gold

with MR5990BL.jpgthe rose gold and green gold accents, I fell in love.G309.jpg

I have dreamed of seeing the source of the story behind the grapes and leaves since I was atleast 14 years old. I turn 50 in December, it's time.

So to my friends out there in the west. I'm arriving in Denver in June. I would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to get there from Denver.

Should I fly? Should I take a bus? Should I rent a car?

All in all, my mind can only envision myself out there, far from the palm trees, sand and surf, staring at those enormous mountains you all are so fortunate to have.

My appt. with the good doctor is the 11th or the 9th, Tuesday or Thursday, I don't have my planner nearby. And from there one of the reasons Colordo was chosen to have my surgery was because going for a fill is like a vacation to me.

Glad tidings to all. I look forward to reading suggestions for the Black Hills journey in June.

Hugs to all.

Patty the Lapdancer

I'll check Southwest Airlines prices.

So far I'm not doing so bad. On my flight to Ft. Lauderdale, I slid into the seat with room to spare on the sides. That means the hips narrowed on me. Most of my weight is, has been and remains in my stomach. BUT...

I FEEL LIKE A FREAK!!!! I look in the mirror and staring back is this woman with svelty cheekbones, a boney clavical, flat breast plate, sagging LUNGS down to my waist, dropping stomach that from the navel out looks like ruched drapery. I can now see my "SHOO SHOO" peeking out at me instead of being hidden under the thunder tummy. Upper thighs are also funky looking, lower butt tiny, upper butt hips look like I have someone's Cuban sandwich stuffed back there in the pocket. Add some lace trim to the skin sag on my upper arms and you'd have a nice valance.

Yeah, I look like a freak. Maybe I could join the circus, get a cut from the door and pay for my plastics????:w00t:

BUMP

I'll check Southwest Airlines prices.

So far I'm not doing so bad. On my flight to Ft. Lauderdale, I slid into the seat with room to spare on the sides. That means the hips narrowed on me. Most of my weight is, has been and remains in my stomach. BUT...

I FEEL LIKE A FREAK!!!! I look in the mirror and staring back is this woman with svelty cheekbones, a boney clavical, flat breast plate, sagging LUNGS down to my waist, dropping stomach that from the navel out looks like ruched drapery. I can now see my "SHOO SHOO" peeking out at me instead of being hidden under the thunder tummy. Upper thighs are also funky looking, lower butt tiny, upper butt hips look like I have someone's Cuban sandwich stuffed back there in the pocket. Add some lace trim to the skin sag on my upper arms and you'd have a nice valance.

Yeah, I look like a freak. Maybe I could join the circus, get a cut from the door and pay for my plastics????:lol:

You must have been looking at me in the mirror! I loved it! Hilarious, but so true -- and in a way a little sad for me! I see plastics next Wednesday.

Mom saw the surgeon yesterday. It is a cancer GENERALLY assoc. with asbestos exposure (like in those lawsuit commercials). They were confused when they saw it as mom''s lifestyle never involved asbestos. appt with oncologist is next tuesday, and then we will find out about options for treatment. dr. says this is a slow-growing tumor; removal is not an option.

the stress of this has manifested itself inmy right shoulder muscles...tight and painful.

Mom saw the surgeon yesterday. It is a cancer GENERALLY assoc. with asbestos exposure (like in those lawsuit commercials). They were confused when they saw it as mom''s lifestyle never involved asbestos. appt with oncologist is next tuesday, and then we will find out about options for treatment. dr. says this is a slow-growing tumor; removal is not an option.

the stress of this has manifested itself inmy right shoulder muscles...tight and painful.

the same exact thing happened to my aunt! she never was around abestos, never smoked, drank - never even lived around smokers and she got that same type of lung tumors. the doctors were very confused. she lived a long time with it and did pretty well. she took trips with her husband and eventually passed away from something totally unrelated.

you need to find someone to give you a good massage. your shoulders will thank you.

hugs Deb!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. You will be in my prayers.

My Dad passed away this morning. Yesterday he was taken to the hospital because he passed out. He woke up shortly after losing consciousness, but my mom insisted on having an ambulance come to get him. They drs determined that the problem was blood clots. They put in a screen to help, but couldn't give him any blood thinners because some of his tumors are bleeders. I got to see him before and after surgery. This morning, DH and I were on our way to go see him again when my Mom called to tell us he was gone. This has been unexpected, and I am not sure how to handle it. I am doing alright, but I am not sure if it has really sunk in yet. I don't even know why I am posting this, but I just need to get it out I guess.

My Dad passed away this morning. Yesterday he was taken to the hospital because he passed out. He woke up shortly after losing consciousness, but my mom insisted on having an ambulance come to get him. They drs determined that the problem was blood clots. They put in a screen to help, but couldn't give him any blood thinners because some of his tumors are bleeders. I got to see him before and after surgery. This morning, DH and I were on our way to go see him again when my Mom called to tell us he was gone. This has been unexpected, and I am not sure how to handle it. I am doing alright, but I am not sure if it has really sunk in yet. I don't even know why I am posting this, but I just need to get it out I guess.

Oh Sweetie!

I am so sorry to hear your news.

Give yourself time for it to sink in - embrace your Mom and siblings... take their support and their love as you offer yours to them.

My heart aches for you. I know the pain of losing a father. I still miss him. Daily. But I am thankful for my sweet sweet memories. God blessed us with fathers who loved us. And He blessed your father with you!

I Love You Lots Dear!

dee~

Thinking about the last few weeks -

we have dealt with some life changing events,

we've come here for support and encouragement.

I can't help but think of Marie and Deb this morning.

My heart aches when I think of their sadness.

As we grow older in life, we meet many women, all of whom have dealt with life, death and illness. We understand your struggles, because we have shared in them within our own lives.

Words cannot heal or soothe as they need to, but I hope each of our words come into your lives with the sweet love and empathy they were sent with.

Hugs to you all.

dee~

Sweet Marie, I am so sorry to hear that your dad is gone, but am glad you were able to be with him before and after surgery. This is such a hard thing for you and for the rest of your family. Know that his love will live with you forever . . .