Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Hey Bandito Dudettes!

Let's do a Red Robin meeting on January 8th at 7pm at the Red Robin on Arapahoe and I-25.

Mark your calenders Peeps!

Nora and I talked about a meeting for December, does anyone have a date to suggest?

I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now with my new job, so I haven't had a lot of time to be here online. Sorry!! It's not that I haven't missed you! I have!

Well I'll definitely be in town that Thursday night January 8th. My flight gets in at 5:45p. Hopefully everyone else will be able to join us, I'd love to meet more people!!! =)

I'd like to meet up with you guys, just let me know when and where.:wink_smile:

Hey Bandito Dudettes!

Let's do a Red Robin meeting on January 8th at 7pm at the Red Robin on Arapahoe and I-25.

Got it marked!

Nora and I talked about a meeting for December, does anyone have a date to suggest?

Just let me know and I'll be there.

Hi All,

Something happened to me today that I can't ever remember happening in my ENTIRE life. When I got on the scale today my weight was the same as it is on my drivers license.....155. I have NEVER been anywhere near my drivers license weight. It's funny that we lie about that, isn't it? Anyway, I squealed with delight when I realized that I was no longer a liar:-)

Hope everyone is well.

Hey Girlie! I am weighing less than my DL too! I remember the last time I got a license in New Mexico, the lady said in a very loud voice, "Do you still weigh ____ lbs?" I was in a MVD in the mall, I said, "yes." She didn't hear me and repeated it louder! I felt like telling her, "lady, could you announce that overhead on the PA system, I think there are people in the food court on the other end of the mall who didn't hear you!" I can't wait to be at goal and get a new license! Yeah!! I wish I wore the size of clothes you're donating. You have the cutest clothes! But alas, I'm not there yet! I did however, fit into a 18-20 the other day! I am having trouble with jeans because my thighs are so big! I have freakishly big thighs! Not good! The plastic surgeon said that will be his one difficulty - my thighs are bigger anteriorly and posteriorly but not laterally. Life goes on...

I hope you can join us at Red Robin!!!

Well I was nervous about the local but when Natalie said that Dr K wouldn't do it under local... he thought it was a bad idea to do it in that environment.... that made me even more nervous.

I have done more research and found some other people who have had it done that way... so I guess I will just go for it and hope it all works out ok.

Hubby's interview was for a temp agency apparently. So he is still looking.

I'm sending good wishes for you and for your husband's job search! Having a local might be faster for recovery. Let us know what you decide.

Congrats to both of you on the driver's license issue! I never even thought about that. Good goal to look to in the future:smile:

Ya-hooooo for you!:lol:

Well, my comment this morning isn't nearly as wonderful as three above, but it is "mini-milestone" for me. This morning I broke the 50 pound mark; I am a "scooch" under 52 down.:wink_smile:

I don't know who gets more excited, me or my mom. This morning when I talked to her and told her about the loss and the upcoming Water aerobics, she just went over the top! She said she has dreams of me when I come to this journey's end. I asked how she could dream of something she's never seen, and she said she can see it and dreams it often. I told her that I hoped the reality matches the dream:laugh:

I think 50lbs is a great mini-milestone! You're doing so well! Do you have rewards set up for when you reach your milestones? I'm a water baby at heart, so any thing related to the pool makes me excited! Enjoy those water aerobics!

Deb, I think your Mom sounds like such a sweetie! I love how she supports you and how she is dreaming of a healthier and happier you. It's very loving of her to be there in such a real and special way!

Yeah, I'm OK! I made it home just fine. I'm just exhausted, it was quite a long day yesterday.

My fill felt....weird. I don't really know if there's another way to describe it! I mean, I won't lie, it hurt like the dickens when he put the needle in (mainly because I'm a wuss) and when he injected the saline I could feel the band tighten around my stomach - which was the oddest sensation! I've now got 3.4cc in my 10cc band. How much did you ladies get for your first fill?

I've had smoothies, yogurt, sf pudding, and black bean bisque since my fill, and so far I've not really felt any restriction. But then again, I'm not really feeling hungry either, so it's obvious to me already that my fill is working. I'll start some more solid foods tomorrow, and here's hoping the fill stays put! I made another fill appointment for Friday Jan 9th at 10:30a.

Fills are interesting to me too! I can't feel the water pass the band, but I can now decifer when the Fluid goes down slower and certainly when it doesn't go down at all!

Did you see I planned the january RED ROBIN on the 8th! I can't wait to see you guys and meet all the newbies!

It was great to meet you. My fill went great. It did feel really weird! I posted about it here. My First Fill....Strange! - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum I have 2.8cc in my band. I don't know if it helped my hunger every 3 hours. I will find out more this week. I can tell I have restriction. If I don't chew everything I'll slime. Even scrambled eggs. As long as I chew I do ok. Small bites!

I have my next fill on Jan 9th too! 11:00am. So I guess we will see each other again! I hope I won't need another fill....but I know I will. I am wondering if the affect of the fill wears off after a little while. Is there swelling that will go down so I lose some restriction? Can anyone help me with that question?

Julieann, it's the fat pad around your stomach that shrinks with weight loss and that makes us lose our restriction, once we have it. When the swelling decreases from the actually fill procedure and we still have our sweet spot, it will last until we lose enough weight to loosen that band up. I think I'm pretty snug right now. Not too snug that I can't eat normally if I chew chew chew but certainly snug enough that if I take a big bite, I know my band is there!!! I'm hoping it will kick my weight loss back into gear!

Hi all...my computers, yes plural, all blew within a 3 day span. All 3.

I am down 5 pounds and am only 7 away from goal. YAY!!! It will be a year on the 12th. I know I won't quite make it, but am excited because I am so dang close.

I wanted to post because it will take me FOREVER to catch up...

You're so freakin close, I bet you can taste it! In 4 days you'll have your one year Bandiversary! Just think, did you even dream of being this close a year ago? You've done amazingly well!

ill be in denver jan 3rd-10th. Im getting my 3rd fill on jan 5th (monday). I hope that you do have the RR dinner on thursday jan 8th.. I would really like to meet other bandesters. Please keep me informed!

Welcome!!! Did you see we are going to plan the fill for January 8th? It's at 7pm at the Red Robin on Arapahoe and I-25.

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

I've heard a few stories about how the fill works. Some peoople say they're restricted right away, but it goes away in a week. Some people say it takes two weeks to even tell a difference, then suddenly the fill comes on full force.

All I know is, last night I was able to eat damn near 2 cups worth of Beans, chicken, and rice topped with a little salsa - so something tells me I'm not restricted at all. Though I'm not feeling as hungry as I was before the fill. Who knows?? It's such a guessing game - it just drives me bonkers! :wink_smile:

I wouldn't expect restriction from your first fill. At least he gave you a good amount, so hopefully with #2 you will get there!
I am down 5 pounds and am only 7 away from goal. YAY!!! It will be a year on the 12th. I know I won't quite make it, but am excited because I am so dang close.
Awesome!!! Congrats girl! That is terrific!

Thanks everyone. I will plan on coming on the 8th, maybe we can Celebrate "GOAL" as well!!!

My first goal is still 50lbs away, which is when I'll be in Onederland! My prize for getting to Onederland....my first tattoo!!!! :wink_smile:

So yesterday my dad asked me what I wanted for Christmas, and I told him to buy me a pair of Size 10 jeans, so I can wear them next Christmas! :lol:

Hi all...my computers, yes plural, all blew within a 3 day span. All 3.

I wanted to post because it will take me FOREVER to catch up...

Amazing news! You are such an inspiration.

Hey Bandito Dudettes!

I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now with my new job, so I haven't had a lot of time to be here online. Sorry!! It's not that I haven't missed you! I have!

I will be at RR on Jan 8th. That is the day before my 1 year Bandiversary. I am 10lbs from the Dr's goal.....not quite sure where I want to end up after that, I guess I will decide that when I get there. When I look at my body it seems I have so much more than 10 lbs to lose.....when will it occur to me that I have actually made great progress. With how slow I lose these days I don't think I will make that goal by January 9th, but I should be a little bit closer. I will bring all of my 14-16 clothes to RR night. Does that work for anyone else that is interested in becoming the new owners for my duds?

Hey Girlie! I am weighing less than my DL too! I remember the last time I got a license in New Mexico, the lady said in a very loud voice, "Do you still weigh ____ lbs?" I was in a MVD in the mall, I said, "yes." She didn't hear me and repeated it louder! I felt like telling her, "lady, could you announce that overhead on the PA system, I think there are people in the food court on the other end of the mall who didn't hear you!" I can't wait to be at goal and get a new license! Yeah!! I wish I wore the size of clothes you're donating. You have the cutest clothes! But alas, I'm not there yet! I did however, fit into a 18-20 the other day! I am having trouble with jeans because my thighs are so big! I have freakishly big thighs! Not good! The plastic surgeon said that will be his one difficulty - my thighs are bigger anteriorly and posteriorly but not laterally. Life goes on...

I hope you can join us at Red Robin!!!

I will see you at RR. Congrats on the need to update your Drivers License. I am so impressed by your weight loss Dee. I haven't seen you for a while so I bet there is a big difference. 18-20? That is awesome!!!

Thanks for the welcome. Since halloween ive been in a slump and sabitoging my should have been progress.. I think im back on progress now. Can't wait to meet everyone!

I will be at RR on Jan 8th. That is the day before my 1 year Bandiversary. I am 10lbs from the Dr's goal.....not quite sure where I want to end up after that, I guess I will decide that when I get there. When I look at my body it seems I have so much more than 10 lbs to lose.....when will it occur to me that I have actually made great progress. With how slow I lose these days I don't think I will make that goal by January 9th, but I should be a little bit closer. I will bring all of my 14-16 clothes to RR night. Does that work for anyone else that is interested in becoming the new owners for my duds?

Bring 'em all! I'd be happy to take some of them off your hands. I should be into 16s in the next 40lbs or so! :wink_smile:

I will see you at RR. Congrats on the need to update your Drivers License. I am so impressed by your weight loss Dee. I haven't seen you for a while so I bet there is a big difference. 18-20? That is awesome!!!

Thanks!!! But in all honesty, the 18-20 size pants were those stretchy pants, so I'm sure if they were actual pants and not "fat girl" pants, they probably wouldnt' have fit! But I'll take the NSV's where I can get them!:wink_smile:

Edited by PrtyAntOvrYt

Thanks!!! But in all honesty, the 18-20 size pants were those stretchy pants, so I'm sure if they were actual pants and not "fat girl" pants, they probably wouldnt' have fit! But I'll take the NSV's where I can get them!:angry_smile:

Clothes are so weird. I bought some size 16 jeans awhile ago at Old Navy and they are starting to actually get a bit loose. I was in there the other day and they have a bunch of jeans for $12. I took several pair of size 14s to the dressing room to try on. Couldn't get any of them pulled up over my thighs and hips. I gave up in disgust.

Then I had to go buy some new bras. I have absolutely no idea what size to buy now. I tried on - no exaggeration - over twenty bras. The full-figured bras were too big. The biggest sizes in the "non-full figured" squished me and gave me alien boobs on the sides and tops. I finally found a couple that didn't suck as much as the others.

I guess I shouldn't complain since I"m buying smaller clothes now instead of bigger, but I'm just kinda' stuck when it comes to figuring out what I can and cannot wear.

Clothes are so weird. I bought some size 16 jeans awhile ago at Old Navy and they are starting to actually get a bit loose. I was in there the other day and they have a bunch of jeans for $12. I took several pair of size 14s to the dressing room to try on. Couldn't get any of them pulled up over my thighs and hips. I gave up in disgust.

Then I had to go buy some new bras. I have absolutely no idea what size to buy now. I tried on - no exaggeration - over twenty bras. The full-figured bras were too big. The biggest sizes in the "non-full figured" squished me and gave me alien boobs on the sides and tops. I finally found a couple that didn't suck as much as the others.

I guess I shouldn't complain since I"m buying smaller clothes now instead of bigger, but I'm just kinda' stuck when it comes to figuring out what I can and cannot wear.

You're completely correct Mini! The sizes aren't universal at all. It depends on the cut of the item and the fullness. I haven't even started looking for a new bra. I have several smaller sizes here at home that I'm just wearing. I'm sure I could have more support and better coverage! Don't you love the "uniboob" look and the "muffin top and sides?"

I am with you in the bra department Mini... the only ones that I have found that fit me for "in between" is the Gillian O'Malley ones at Target. I really like them, espicallly for the price. $16 or so...

Jaime...

I was wanting 10 to be my size too. I am shocked that I am in a 6-8 and there are some brands that I could probably wear a 4. It is crazy, but in the best way!!!