Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

march sleevers the good and the bad

O-H... I-O!

Jersey Shore!

I am from south jersey. Ocean city area. Got my sleeve on march 26.

March 13th in Tijuana Mexico. I have been blessed with an extremely easy recovery thus far.. Just hoping to get past the DVT and leak "danger" window and then I will breathe easy. My sleeve has had almost no inflammation' date=' I didn't take any pain medicine since leaving the hospital and wasn't even given any narcotic pain medicine when I was there (I asked them not to give me any since narcotics make me feel yucky.. I'd rather have pain than take narcotics). I've been able to drink freely since the day after my surgery (drank 80 ounces of Fluid the very next day after surgery with no problems at all) No nausea after day two.. I did have some stomach spasms that lasted the first several days. For the first two days, they'd stop me in my tracks, but reduced in intensity over the next week until they went away completely. The diet is progressing amazingly. I enjoyed a scrambled egg for Breakfast this morning with 1/4 cup of curried lentils pureed with spinach and carrots and I added a few splashes of hot sauce. VERY yummy! Getting 70 grams of Protein a day.. about half from food and the other half from shakes and I'm able to get all my Water. Getting all my Vitamins in pill form so no need for yucky chewables. I'm back to work at my boyfriend's store and not even tempted by all the chips and pastries we sell there, I'm working full days on my feet, but not doing any lifting or extensive bending/streching yet. Incisions healing very well. I couldn't be more thrilled with my VSG experience so far![/quote']

it's so Encouraging when someone has a awesome,great, Smooth recovery!!! I hope to have the same. You are Blessed!!! Good Luck and continued excellent recovery!!!????

Sent from my iPad using VST

Alexis, I am from Prairieville, Louisiana. We have a big baseball facility opening up in Hammond, though, so we spend a good bit of time there!

I spent a summer in upstate NY and portaged canoes through the Finger Lakes! It was amazing.

One of my goals is to get back into Water sports. I left those behind after gaining a lot with my first child. Then can't the twins, and my body was shot to hell. Lol

had my revision on the 13th. Lots of swelling and unable to get any fluids in for a couple days. Lots of nausea/vomiting. Ended up having to stay a week in the hospital.supplemental feedings through a picc line. A very depressing time for me. I am having a terrible time trying to get fluids/proteins in. Very weak and tired feeling alot of the time. Trying to get walking in and trying to stay upbeat but it seems like its getting the best of me. I really didn't mind the Unjury shakes before surgery now it's a chore trying to get them down. I feel like Im doing this all wrong.Seeing all the other great posts about how easy getting in the fluids and Proteins by so many others has me frustrated. Wondering why I am having so much trouble? Trying to get back to work but am nervous that I won't be able to get through the day with such little energy and low calorie intake. ok, I'll stop ranting now...

Upstate NY Fingerlakes area!

Woot! :)

Im from Great mills, Maryland and I was sleeved on the 19th. I have lost almost 30lbs since starting the liver shrinking diet and 18lbs since the 19th!!!! Finally started feeling somewhat normal by last Thursday! I did have some issues with a little nausea in the hospital but think it was related to the meds! I only had to stay one night then came home what a great feeling that was to be home and not being bugged every few hours! I have been struggling with my Protein I just can't get it all down. I have started the soft food diet as of today thank goodness!! I was able to have a a few bites of chicken salad today (omg was like heaven lol) and this evening gonna have a little turkey with gravy and a few green beans!!

For the first few days all I thought about was food. My mouth would Water when commercials came on with food then it's like I woke up yesterday and I could care less. My tummy isn't rumbling as much for food as it was at day 3/4. I just can't wait to not have to sip fluids it's driving me crazy I want a straw!!! But everyday it's getting easier and easier to drink!!

I start back at work tomorrow a little nervous but I work with an amazing group so they will look out for me!!! So thankful to have this forum I love reading about how everybody is doing!!! Everybody keep rocking this new life style!!!

St. Louis, MO... sleeved on 3/25. Very smooth recovery... no nausea, vomiting and minimal pain. Am getting Protein in with 2 premier shakes and injury chicken Soup. Sipping all day long to get the 64oz Fluid requirement. Biggest challenge is figuring out the Vitamins. Lots to take! Should be able to advance to phase 2 diet after MD visit tomorrow.

Me too! How are you feeling?

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not sure how I should be feeling but I am moving around, I'm back cooking for the family cos I can't just sit around anymore. I had pumpkin Soup for the first time yesterday and feel so much better for it!! I wish the bloat would go away cos I lost 35 pound during the liver shrinking diet and now I look fatter than when I started !! I'm wondering when everyone got back to walking my family think that I need to rest up longer. Its Day 6 and I feel pretty good and want to keep moving on my journey. I have only lost 1.7 pound since the op. I was hoping it would b more ?!?!

I'm from Hammond' date=' Louisiana[/quote']

I'm from Australia but I can't find any support group in Australia to be able to talk to anyone. I have found over here that people keep quiet if they are having WLS but I'm proud that I have taken this big step to better myself !!

I am from south jersey. Ocean city area. Got my sleeve on march 26.

Are you feeling comfortable now ? I feel better and want to start doing more but my family say I need to rest more

it's so Encouraging when someone has a awesome' date='great, Smooth recovery!!! I hope to have the same. You are Blessed!!! Good Luck and continued excellent recovery!!!dde00

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Wow ur recovery is just like reading just as I am recovering except I haven't been having as much fluids worried that I might do some damage. I'm on Day 6 today and have woken up very comfortably. Have you started exercising yet ?

Wow ur recovery is just like reading just as I am recovering except I haven't been having as much fluids worried that I might do some damage. I'm on Day 6 today and have woken up very comfortably. Have you started exercising yet ?

GREAT, I'm so happy to hear that you're having a gentle recovery too. Doctor said nothing more than walking for the first six weeks.. Right now I'm just walking a mile a day.. but since I'm also on my feet all day at work, it feels like enough... I'll add more in the coming weeks. Yeah, I did drink a lot in the hospital.. My IV wasn't working the day after surgery and they tried all the normal locations.. I was getting quite dehydrated and so the doctor said I could try to get my fluids orally and to drink almost constantly and to only slow down if I had pain.

Alexis' date=' I am from Prairieville, Louisiana. We have a big baseball facility opening up in Hammond, though, so we spend a good bit of time there!

I spent a summer in upstate NY and portaged canoes through the Finger Lakes! It was amazing.

One of my goals is to get back into Water sports. I left those behind after gaining a lot with my first child. Then can't the twins, and my body was shot to hell. Lol[/quote']

I hope you get to do your Water sports. If you have a FB... I'd like to keep in touch since your the only one near my area! Alexis Accardo. I had to have the surgery because of my health. I'm kind of regretting it right now because I'm so hungry. I feel empty and stomach cramps. When was your surgery? What are you eating? Did you get sick?

I hope you get to do your Water sports. If you have a FB... I'd like to keep in touch since your the only one near my area! Alexis Accardo. I had to have the surgery because of my health. I'm kind of regretting it right now because I'm so hungry. I feel empty and stomach cramps. When was your surgery? What are you eating? Did you get sick?

Alexis, I do have Facebook. I sent you an add request and Kristie will send a request for you to join our FB group.

I was like that yesterday. Today has been much better, but I am still kind of hungry.