Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December chat

Hi ya all..

Still here - Still Sick - Way deep in the lungs is where it is.. Ya Know with Asthma it is like a double whammy..

I have been drinking alot of liquids and I have the vaporizer here at my desk.

Other than that have been crying my eyes out. I am sure you all heard about the immigration raids on Swift Plants through out the US. Well my town was one that was hit and there were alot of children left with out their parents. It has been just a sad..

BBL

:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: Five Golden Rings!:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Which song, that one, or "It's My Party, and I'll Cry if I Want To"?

Naw, just kiddin'. Dianne's gonna cry for me...she needs a good cry, anyway! :grouphug: Glad you have some Cymbalta, Dianne...give it time to work, those meds take time to get in your system and start doing their job. Until then, lean into your faith, girl. It's easy to forget about that.

Cass, your ideas for a Christmas wedding are beautiful! Where do you live (again?) Remember I am one of the older ones around here, so don't laugh! Chicago, I think...so muffs would fit in perfectly for the cold weather. Red roses or poinsettias? I bet the church will already have poinsettias in the sanctuary. I LOVE the idea of an ornament for the favor!!!!!!! That is a great idea!

Okay, my gripe for today. I am the room mom for DD's class, and as of last week the Christmas party was going to be tomorrow. I called all the parents, arranged the menu, duties, and all that. Then THIS MORNING, DD says, oh, they changed the party to Tuesday. WTF??? I'm like, no they didn't, because I can't call those parents and tell them "nevermind". Long story short, one of the people who works at the school was supposed to call and tell me, and didn't, and she blamed the teacher...don't you love the blame game?...and the winner is: the parents. We are having the party tomorrow, as originally planned. All I had to do was say I was willing to talk to the Headmaster and explain that there was a communication problem, and magically, it was okay to have the party tomorrow! Still, urrrgggghhhhh...why can't people get organized, especially the ones who are running schools?

Okay, gotta run for now...hugs to all!

Glad you fared well, and enjoyed your party Betty!!!

Cassie, my cousin also got married at Christmas time, and it was an absolutely beautiful wedding---they said their vows in front of a huge Christmas tree in the front of the church, and rather than stand right with them, the attendants stood in pairs up the steps around the tree. They wore Emerald Green with white fur stoles. They had a tree in the reception with those hollow ornaments on a nearby table to write wishes or advice on little gold and silver slips of paper, put them in, pop on the top and hang it--for all the guests. The wedding cake looked like a stack of silver and gold gifts. It was such a wonderful time to work with!!! You will have a beautiful wedding!

I am going to be shopping all the after Christmas sales, and buying up all the gold things I can!!! I am giving my parents a 50th Anniversary party this coming June, so I thought I might find some pretty gold items at the after Christmas sales. Candles, dishes, ribbons, maybe some table runners, or that type of thing.

Mary sorry you have this crud too. I hear you on the asthma! I had not had to use my Advair for almost a year, I am using it again, as well as my albuterol, in nebulizer form. Will see my Dr. in a week or so, and see if I can quit. I just heard about the raids this morning, we have family in from out of town, and I had not heard any news yesterday. I also heard that Peter Boyle died... it is sad.

Well I will check back with the rest of you in a little bit, I need to get myself and the house cleaned up a bit in case the family shows up early!!!BBL

Kat

Hi everyone! I'm catching up on posts and I'll be back later to do personals. It's DH's birthday today (what is it with these inconsiderate people having birthdays when I'm trying to get ready for Christmas?!). The cake is baked and I have a roast in the crock pot for dinner. We're having his mom and his sister's family over for dinner tonight.

TOM is here for a visit and I just wanna take a nap.

Hi Cindy - I see you're on here too! I'm blanking on what you get for the 4th day of Christmas...

(((HUGS))) for everyone. Time to clean. :grouphug:

Hi everyone! Just popping in to say hi during a study break. For those of you wondering, I'm studying for an exam related to work. It's for an insurance designation, CPCU (Chartered Property Casulaty Underwriter). So exciting, huh? It consists of eight 3 hour exams, all based on two large text books full of insurance info. Even MORE exciting! lol. The designation basically earns me instant credibility in the industry. This will be my fourth exam, and I am absolutely dreading it. There is just so much to memorize and my mind hasn't been in it. But studying today has gone fairly well and I will do the best I can tomorrow.

In the meantime I'm looking for a new apartment. I'm not sure if I mentioned my story to you guys (Sherry knows all about it), but Sunday night the guy downstairs from me went on a 40 minute tirade about how he was going to come up and "beat my f-ing face in". Apparently he doesn't like it when I walk or change my trash. Yeah, reasonable guy alright. Anyway I filed a complaint with the police dept and spoke to my landlords. I don't feel safe confronting this guy because to me, he's a lunatic. Normal people don't respond that way to normal apartment noise. My landlords have agreed to let me break my lease without penalty and I've been looking at some nice places over the past few days. This is NOT the time of year I want to do this, but it is what it is I suppose. I no longer feel comfortable or safe here, so that's not going to work.

Ok, enough of a study break for me. I'll check in tomorrow night after the exam. Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

ok....for your visual enjoyment.....5 Golden Rings

When is the last Day, wed, or monday? Are we counting actual calender days or working days? ~Mandy

Here is my tree, I put it in the other thread but wanted to share here too. ~Mandy

Hey guys, I met the best of me Kathy for lunch today she looks great and is so sweet.!

I couldn't sleep last night stomach was real upset. I laded u taking sonata at 4 AM thinking I would sleep till 8 but woke up at 6! Anxiety was the worst it's been yet today and I was to affraid to take anything for it until I got home. I did some deep breathing and relaxing when I got home and I feel less anxious.

I'm off to bed have a good night.

If I have to cry at least I can do it so you don't Cindy..lol..I couldn't imagine you not though, all those years there!

night night guys and thanks..hugs..

Hey Gang.... just a short note

Wanted to Hug Dianne. Being human is sometimes the pits. I love ya.

I have tons of paperwork to do at work and what seems like thousands of sick kids in my office. Monday I sent at least 26 home!!!

Also have a broken dishwasher.... 2 meals to prepare per day and 4 kids, need I say more. In my present physical state I can't stand at the sink for longer than 30 minutes and then my back is spasming. Need surgery -- soon.

News..... not yet. Last friday would have been the day that the doc requests medical necessity. The medical group has 5 days to reply. Today is day 4 the mailbox didn't contain a letter. I know the suspense is killing you guys. Does anyone remember last years "Mystery box"? And how long did it take me to open it? Well, I gotta hand wash dishes. Bye.

Patty, tomorrow will be the day, I'm sure. Are you a school nurse? ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

:success1: ;) :Banane27: TGIF:welldone2: :Banane27: :Banane44:

I am so ready for this week to be over! Let the weekend begin and last forever!:D :D :D

Mandy - Now all I can think of is some really good onion rings!:biggrin1: Your tree is beautiful!

Patty - You will NOTlet that letter sit for any length of time before you open it!

Do you hear me loud and clear? Read my lips! Open the dang thing before you shut the front door and beat feet to the computer!

Dianne - I am glad you met Kathy, she is a real sweatheart. I wish I could meet her too!

Chrispy - Good luck with your test! I don't want to be in your shoes, I had enough of that testing stuff!:D

Cass - I have pictures someplace, but I don't have any way to put them on the computer. That was a long time ago, way too long!:D :D :D I don't have any to scan them right now. Yikes! I would be moving too! Scary people make me nervous!:nervous

Cindy - I am glad you stepped up and made them let you have the party as planned! Heck, you can voice and stomp your feet all you want to now, what are they going to do, suspend you for a few days?:clap2: :clap2:

Mary - Awwww, girl, get to the doctor or something! I hope you feel better. Did you try taking anything?

Yikes, it is way past time for me to get dressed. Catch you all later!

Hello to everyone that hasn't posted yet! May your day be merry and white (except for Texas)! Texas can just be merry!:D :D :D

Hey guys,

I have this huge lump in my throat. I dont think it's the band I thinkit's just nerves. What do you think? I PB the other day but I had triscuits. I could barely eat yesterday but I took this HUGE pill that I got at the health food store called Calming Thoughts. I did sleep pretty good last night, and I called my PCP to tell him about the lump and the weird head tingling.

I'm going to get my butt dressed and go to curves. They always make me feel better over there and lately they have seen me lose it to.

I'm sorry that I keep coming here and venting. You guys are awesome.

Cassy-Hurry and move I don't like that jerk!

Patty-Hugs

Betty, Cindy, Mandy, KAt, Beanie, Pat and everyone else Hugs I feel them all. I know I'll be me agian soon...Oh Dr's office just called and they think that the cymbalta is begining to work since I didn't cry all day yesterday..lol..Sorry for whining!

Dianne and Betty---I think I missed something..unless you are talking to another "cassie?" What are guys talking about some jerk and moving??? I am confused!