Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was able to eat 2 hard shell tacos today... Is that considered a lot?

So I would say look at several things as a man you have a bigger stomach than us women... Yes there is Kirk there... But are we compare Taco Bell to Taco Bell right because a "real" taco could be much different.

Just thinking out loud here

Lol! I agree! Just because I can't eat 2 doesn't mean it's a lot. It's 2 tacos....seriously Taco Bell tacos. And I haven't tried one post sleeve. I also agree that the hard shell tacos 2 would be easier to eat.

I have had a run in or two with tortilla chips it's like regular chips in the sense that when you chew they break down to nothing. So you can eat a lot!! And the meat in Taco Bell?! Not all meat! And they put what a teaspoon in each taco

( just trying to stop mike from jumping off the edge here people)

Exactly!! They aren't real tacos! Heck it isn't even real Mexican food! You're fine Mike!! Lol!

It sure seems like a lot of food to be able to eat at 2 months out. What sounds alarming to me is that you were able to eat a whole taco in 5 minutes.

Even it is "a lot" It's ok- you're losing weight, if you stick your plan most of the time you'll be fine!

I ate a taco last night and man did it hurt! Took care of that craving for a while.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to note that this isnt a "OMG I cheated" thread or "help me get back on track" post. This is a "I hit my goal of 50lbs lost since surgery in 2 months so I decided to eat 2 tacos" thread lol.

I eat on average about 10oz of lean Protein in the form of steak, chicken breast or pork tenderloin daily, salmon once in awhile. That 10oz is usually split into 3 meals or 2 bigger ones. It takes me about 20-40mins to eat 3-4oz of meat. I can eat the first 2oz pretty quickly then takes about 20mins to eat the other 2oz. I force myself to finish all 4oz for the Protein intake.

With that said I do think these tacos compact easily in the sleeve. The insides of one of these taco bell tacos isnt that much especially if you look at really how little beef is inside one. The shells, if chewed properly, can be broken down to less than a 1/4cup.

I was just a little surprised I was able to eat them both and feel great afterwards. If I tried to eat 4oz of chicken in 10mins I would be foaming and feeling very uncomfortable.

Again, thanks for the replies....

It all depends on the day. I can usually only eat one but some days I could probably eat two. Don't over analyze your intake. If you are eating and satisfied on significantly less than you were pre-sleeve you are fine. Those tacos are a good treat. I eat the Doritos loco supreme one fairly frequently. Once every week or two. Low in calories, crunchy and yum. Only neg is the sodium.

11 weeks out and there's no way I could eat a whole one.

I think you have a very tight sleeve, I felt like I could eat more after the first 1... surprised I finished it in so quickly. Props on the Vblogs... I follow a few vsg guys on youtube and added you to my list.

Gee mike... I think they are all telling you it's a lot

:P

It would be easier to eat a hard shell over a soft shell though.

No doubt... I few weeks back I made a pizza with "flatout bread" for the crust. Its a very thin low carb/cal bread that a lot of people use as a Pizza Crust. I literally had 3 bites and was stuffed. I am convinced it was the bread. I bet I couldn't eat half a soft taco... well maybe just 1 hehe.

It all depends on the day. I can usually only eat one but some days I could probably eat two. Don't over analyze your intake. If you are eating and satisfied on significantly less than you were pre-sleeve you are fine. Those tacos are a good treat. I eat the Doritos loco supreme one fairly frequently. Once every week or two. Low in calories, crunchy and yum. Only neg is the sodium.

I agree... Some days I breeze through eating my lean Protein and some days its a challenge. These tacos are not to bad but only something I will use to treat myself once and awhile. I think I am a little too strict with my diet and exercise and might include some type of cheat meal in the future.

Taco supreme with all the fixings... Calories 200 Sodium 320 mg Total Fat 12 g Potassium 0 mg Saturated 5 g Total Carbs 15 g Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g Trans 0 g Protein 9 g Cholesterol 35 mg

Regular hard shell taco... Calories 170 Sodium 290 mg Total Fat 10 g Potassium 0 mg Saturated 4 g Total Carbs 13 g Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g Trans 0 g Protein 8 g Cholesterol 35 mg

I used to say, tacos are healthy... They have all 4 food groups! Yeah, they still are, LOL -- thanks for all the taco talk folks! You know I'm gonna have to try one today!

Everyone's sleeve size is different. I have noticed that male sleeve patients can usually eat more than female. I wonder why? Interesting. I have also found that at 8 mos post op and 7 mos preg I can eat slightly more than the normal sleeve patient. Not by much. But by enough to freak me out :(

Sweet lord in heaven! Screw the tacos! My husband just came in with TWO packages of costco muffins!!! :(

I'm in trouble had the biggest fight with the girl child in my house and I WANT to eat everything!

Mike pass me a chalupa!

Sweet lord in heaven! Screw the tacos! My husband just came in with TWO packages of costco muffins!!! :(

I'm in trouble had the biggest fight with the girl child in my house and I WANT to eat everything!

Mike pass me a chalupa!

CHALUUUUUUPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Yummy.

I got a taco salad from TB last night and could only eat 5 bites before I got extreme pain in my stomach. I am almost 2 mos out and could never eat 2 tacos. I would die.