Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

baby bullet or something like it?

Just thinking ahead, and wondering if I should look for something like the baby bullet since I will need soft/pureed food. I have a blender, but wonder if something smaller might be better. I will be with parents the week of op, but at home afterward and most likely at work. The easier and more prepared I am, the better I can do!

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!

Hey, i was looking into the baby bullet too but then realized that what I really wanted was the $20- extras pack that had the silicone ice cube tray & the dial & date cute containers. You can buy it at Walmart instock or online.

I also saw 1/2C ziplock/ generic equivalent containers 6 for 2-3$

In the plastic ware / ziplock section of my local walmart they have 2ounce little cups 60 count with lids for $4. But, they're not microwavable. They melt.

The nicer find a lid ones were 6-7$ for same size.

I think I'll blend & freeze some wendy's chili bc I know I'll like that & make some of that ricotta bake I saw on here to freeze ahead. The little cups will also help with the Jello portioning.

I also considered buying a sleeve of restaurant sauce cups & lids. Like the chipotle ones are exactly 4 ounces & I've 1&2 ounce ones too. I'm not sure what I'd do with sooo many cups though.

I have the Williams Sanoma brand of the baby bullet. I plan to use it once I get to pureed! I used it for our son so I figured why let it sit in cabinet and collect dust :-P

I have the Williams Sanoma brand of the baby bullet. I plan to use it once I get to pureed! I used it for our son so I figured why let it sit in cabinet and collect dust :-P

I have been using my bullet so much I got a second one I keep at work for blending my shakes and such. I use it for everything right now in the early stages. I also suggest a Blender Bottle, a water bottle with a small wire ball that helps blend up your Protein Shake and anything else like that. Its great for traveling or first thing in the morning if I don't have time to get the bullet out. I also use it with my drinkable Multivitamin because it comes in a powder and it breaks up real well in the Blender Bottle. I got mine at Sams Club so I'm sure they have them at Wal-Mart as well.

I dont have a blender or processor, so i thought this might be a good choice. Thanks for all the ideas ...especially the Wendys chili!!! Yumm!!

I think i'll watch ebay to see if i can get one pretty reasonable.

Thanks again!

I got sleeved last week. In preparation, I took some of my Christmas money to costco, thinking I'd buy the Magic Bullet there since they had a good price. However, I was walking through Macy's, and they had the Party Bullet on Clearance (the day after Christmas) - for $20!! It is the exact same machine and does the same thing, but the cup/glass is shaped more like a party/margharita glass. Works in totally the same way. I have been using it a LOT this week already, pureeing lentil Soup, etc. Such a great investment - and I am glad I found it cheap! I DO use the blender bottles for my Protein Drinks - I like the kind that are fruit flavored that you add to Water - they are like Crystal Light, only they have 15 grams of protein! The Blender Bottle works great for these, and they are easy to take with me in the car!!

I dont have a blender or processor, so i thought this might be a good choice. Thanks for all the ideas ...especially the Wendys chili!!! Yumm!!

I think i'll watch ebay to see if i can get one pretty reasonable.

Thanks again!

You and the other person that mentioned Wendy's Chili should be careful. That has a pretty sizable amount of calories in it and a TON of carbs in it.

Oh. :( bummer

I'm sure every once in a while it would be cool. I would just worry about freezing it and using it as a regular meal.

Certainly! And with any diet, its everything in moderation kind of mentality. I have the recipe for the chili and will try to use leaner meat (ground turkey isnt bad!) And cut out what carbs and fat i can.

But in the cold months (or month rather, here in tx) i do love a cup of chili!

I got sleeved last week. In preparation' date=' I took some of my Christmas money to costco, thinking I'd buy the Magic Bullet there since they had a good price. However, I was walking through Macy's, and they had the Party Bullet on Clearance (the day after Christmas) - for 20!! It is the exact same machine and does the same thing, but the cup/glass is shaped more like a party/margharita glass. Works in totally the same way. I have been using it a LOT this week already, pureeing lentil Soup, etc. Such a great investment - and I am glad I found it cheap! I DO use the blender bottles for my Protein drinks - I like the kind that are fruit flavored that you add to Water - they are like Crystal Light, only they have 15 grams of protein! The Blender Bottle works great for these, and they are easy to take with me in the car!![/quote']

Where do you get the fruit flavored Protein Drinks?

I just got a bunch of fruity Syntrax nectar powder samples from BJ's Bariatrics. I got Fuzzy Navel, Apple Ecstasy, Crystal Sky (which apparently has some sort of watermelon flavor), strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, and caribbean cooler. I haven't tried any of them yet, though...

I have a Nutri Bullet and I love it. I use it every day. It has two smaller cups that can be used also to puree foods and they have lids that screw on so it will travel well and not spill. Just another idea.

Mark, Edmond Ok

There's one on Amazon for $59.00 - I agree that the little containers would be great for puree stage. I might have to get one myself! http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bullet-Complete-Care-System/dp/B004V5BTUA