Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got a date 04-24-2013

After a long 6 month wait' date=' while meeting all my insurance requirements, my wait is finally over. I got the call today that I am approved for surgery on April 24th. My surgery will be done by Dr. Dat Nguyen at the Valley Care Medical Center in Pleasanton, CA. I am 28 5"4 and will be app 228 the day of surgery. My goal weight is 145 and my ultimate goal is pregnancy as I have pcos. Looking forward to my dream coming true![/quote']

I'm April 23, took me a year but its right around the corner. People ask me why I'm excited and give them the answer of "I can't wai to shop for regular size clothes". At least I'm honest lol

I have been trying to do this for a long time changed insurance and its finally a month away and I am nervous and excited.. I am very excited about dropping clothes sizes also and just feeling better really hoping some of my knee pain goes away as I drop weight.

Its APRIL 17 for me in Lafayette, Louisiana.

I am a little nervous especially that my husband told me today he would not do it.

I have to think positive and go with my gut (ha ha ) feeling.

Let me know if anyone is on the same date.

I would like to go through this with a friend and compare notes.

Congrats! I also did this to have a healthy pregancy in a few years...along w/other reasons. I am 3 days post op and happier than ive ever been!

Congrats! I also did this to have a healthy pregancy in a few years...along w/other reasons. I am 3 days post op and happier than ive ever been!

Hi Kimmie, being you are the only one on this thread that has gone thru the surgery already can you give us any tips or things to prepare for? Good luck with your new sleeve and getting pregnant in a few years ;-)

Its APRIL 17 for me in Lafayette' date=' Louisiana.

I am a little nervous especially that my husband told me today he would not do it.

I would like to go through this with a friend and compare notes.[/quote']

Hi lory,

Don't let anyone convince you not do have surgery, do it for yourself that's all that matters :-) you will be having surgery a week before me so keep us updated on how your doing afterwards please.

Do a TON of research! Find a Protein Shake that you really like and get prepared with your Vitamins, how much Protein you need to consume, and your liquids. Have everything ready. Get accustomed to your Protein Shakes way BEFORE your surgery date. Be ahead of the game. Expect it to be painful...but be optimistic. I am 3 days post op and my biggest complaint is gas pain in my left shoulder. Write in a journal...prepare to be hungry...because this surgery isn't going to take that away completely. It's an aide. I am reading a book now about how to control emotional hunger. Just be as prepared as possible...talk to people frequently who had the surgery. I feel that i am a step ahead because i did this. If you want a support buddy...im here!

Thanks Kimmie I have been doing tons of research so much in fact my boyfriend is sick of me being in my iPhone lol I have been doing a low carb diet for a month or so now so I'm already prepared for hunger and I have found I can tolerate the taste of the the Premier Protein and Atkins shakes pretty well . The pain scares me most as I've never been in a hospital overnight and certainly never had a surgery. I also have a really low pain tolerance. I'm going to just keep praying that everything will be ok. Thanks for the Information.

I have PCOS too and it's made my life hell! This surgery will be a blessing I can't wait!!! Best of luck girly!

Its APRIL 17 for me in Lafayette' date=' Louisiana.

I would like to go through this with a friend and compare notes.[/quote']

My ex (i said ex) tried to make me feel very miserable about having this surgery. We broke up in June of last year (we were together 5 years). June is when i started my 6 month weight loss plan with my doctor and got the ball rolling on this surgery. He told me he wouldnt "allow' his girl to have the surgery. We are still good friends...and he has become a little more supportive in the last month (came to see me at the hospital even). My point is not to bresk up with your husband...my point is that he'll probably come around eventually- once he truly realizes how much this means to you. He could also be afraid of whats down the road following your dramatic change. Just be prepared and talk with him lots but dont let him make you feel bad for doing something to change your life for the better!!!!

Thanks Kimmie I have been doing tons of research so much in fact my boyfriend is sick of me being in my iPhone lol I have been doing a low carb diet for a month or so now so I'm already prepared for hunger and I have found I can tolerate the taste of the the premier Protein and Atkins shakes pretty well . The pain scares me most as I've never been in a hospital overnight and certainly never had a surgery. I also have a really low pain tolerance. I'm going to just keep praying that everything will be ok. Thanks for the Information.

Your welcome Erica:-) The inly surgery I had before this was a tonsilectomy. This was pretty new for me as well. It's painfull...not going to lie. But the real intense pain didnt last very long. I am now 4 days post op and my only real complaint is gas pain in my left shoulder...and my back pain. It's bareable though. Biggest help for the pain in the hospital was to walk walk walk!! Helps get rid of the gas pressure and really helps you heal quicker. After talking to a lot of these post op ppl...i was desperate to start walking. I started the day of my surgery and every 2 hours following. You gotta muster through the pain to do it. Also its way better to sit in a recliner or just sit up so it doesnt make standing up as painful. This info im giving you was also given to me. Its made my recovery very bareable!

My sx date is 4/23 and I also have PCOS and my goal to also have a pregnancy!!! I will be thinking of you!!!

My sx date is 4/23 and I also have PCOS and my goal to also have a pregnancy!!! I will be thinking of you!!!

Hello,

It's so nice to hear that other women are going through the same issues as I. If you need support I'm here :-) sounds like we will both be recovering together.

GOOD LUCK MY DATE IS ALSO THE APRIL 24 BUT I DIDN'T GET APPROVAL YET