Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florence Hospital Reviews! PLEASE :-)

HEY GUYS!!! Need your opinions. How is Florence Hospital?

http://m.obesityhelp.com/profiles/hospital/oasis-hospital-tijuana-bc/reviews#rev_anchor-139035

These are some o the opinions. For those of you wondering, those of us who booked surgery with Dr. Garcia were just notified that we could choose either Mi hospital or Florence Hospital.< br />
I'm switching to florence for March 29.

Deborah
Down 11pounds since starting preop diet 1 1/2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using VST

http://m.obesityhelp.com/profiles/hospital/oasis-hospital-tijuana-bc/reviews#rev_anchor-139035

These are some o the opinions. For those of you wondering' date=' those of us who booked surgery with Dr. Garcia were just notified that we could chose either Mi hospital or Oasis Hospital.

I'm switching to Oasis for March 29.

Deborah

Down 11pounds since staring preop diet 1 1/2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thanks so much Deborah. I did so much research on MiDoctor I didnt even pay attention to any other facility.

I was there March 7th and loved it!! I have pictures of the hospital and my room in one of my post. It's a full service hospital. It's a little old but they are redoing it and the nurses are great! They always use gloves which was one thing I was worrying about since I heard other hospitals didn't. I also liked that we had call buttons and didn't have to yell or walk to the nurse station if we needed something.

I was there March 7th and loved it!! I have pictures of the hospital and my room in one of my post. It's a full service hospital. It's a little old but they are redoing it and the nurses are great! They always use gloves which was one thing I was worrying about since I heard other hospitals didn't. I also liked that we had call buttons and didn't have to yell or walk to the nurse station if we needed something.

Thanks GAmom, I was hoping someone that had been there recently could tell me what they experienced.

I was there six weeks ago and I enjoyed my stay there as a patient and my traveling companion was comfortable too. As mentioned, it's older in aesthetics but they're updating it even now. I loved all the nurses and the hospital bed was, to me, the most comfortable I've ever had occassion to use. Another poster said the linens were too scratchy for her, but I didn't notice. I liked that it was a full-service facility. They are internationally known for their alternative cancer care program and I understand a lot of Amish folks from the States like to use that facility for a variety of care (though I did not meet any on my trip). Nurses and all the doctors who do rounds were wonderful.

From what I gather so far, the nurses are a little more professional. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but other posts say the nurses at MiDoctor were loud at night.

I was there six weeks ago and I enjoyed my stay there as a patient and my traveling companion was comfortable too. As mentioned' date=' it's older in aesthetics but they're updating it even now. I loved all the nurses and the hospital bed was, to me, the most comfortable I've ever had occassion to use. Another poster said the linens were too scratchy for her, but I didn't notice. I liked that it was a full-service facility. They are internationally known for their alternative cancer care program and I understand a lot of Amish folks from the States like to use that facility for a variety of care (though I did not meet any on my trip). Nurses and all the doctors who do rounds were wonderful.[/quote']

We actually seen a Amish family there. We learned that they come from the states to go the hospital for care and needed surgeries. They have a special "account" with them or something. I thought that was really neat!!

Oh and we had wash clothes lol I know some people that have went to other hospitals said they only had towels. I agree I didn't think the hospital bed was uncomfortable. The guest bed however is a little hard.

The nurses were all great! For the most part they all spoke good English and the one nurse who didn't had a app on her phone.

How cool of her to get the app, especially since we are in Mexico, safe to say we should expect the staff to be Spanish speaking. I was fully prepared to cater to them.... I guess I can take my washcloths out of my plastic bag, LOL

Why are they giving a choice now? Has anyone asked?

Lol yeah, I'm not much of a yeller. I'd feel much more comfortable pressing a button.

Why are they giving a choice now? Has anyone asked?

I'm wondering the same thing! Lol but I'm glad there is other options available now.

I was there in August and enjoyed it. There were Amish people down the hall from me, so its nice to know why now ;)

I didnt have any complaints. It was exactly what I expected. The nurses were attentive and friendly, and the rooms were clean. And they had a cafeteria that my sister could go to when she needed to.

I'm wondering the same thing! Lol but I'm glad there is other options available now.

I wondering if Mi Doctor is bursting at the seams anymore? I can think of several different surgeons who use Mi Doctor. The Medical Tourism trade just keeps growing.

Amanda Rae

I don't see how they keep everything sterile with that many patients coming and going in? But what do I know? Lol