Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on 3/19 8:30 am

Nauseated with dry heaves all day and night

3/20 much better. Peed on my own, walked a lot and drank small sips of Water and broth and released but did need pain meds

3/21 woke up with really tight back muscles, worst pain so far. Started farting this morning :-)

Gas hasn't been bad as its coming out.

So far so good. Keep the prayers coming.

For those on the fence about surgery, I cried and almost left the hospital numerous times but just kept going through the motions... And, nothing has been as bad as I have imagined. I have a great surgeon...

Still worried about leaks and clots, but I'm a hypochondriac! Can't wait until I feel I'll really be "okay" and start looking forward to my goals. :-)

Best of luck to you! :-)

Keep it up.

I am 3 days post-op. I too, almost walked out duriing the registration. I did all my hoemwork, but isn't real until you're standing in the hospital. My recovery appears to be typical of Dr. Thomas's patiesnt. I had some gas issues the first nite, but that was it. thus far, i not used any pain medication. As of this writing I feel Absoultely perfect. no pain, no bloating, just a littel tired. I am trying very hard to take in Protein, but i'm just not hungry.

The only thing i miss is the chewing. i'll try some gum.

I'm 3 days post op n no serious complications. Came home yesterday n only real complaint is back pain. Today walking around n sitting on my recliner to ease. So funny, on the day of surgery I almost walked out while getting prepped also. Lol

3 days post op here also. Also almost left, told my husband I didn't know what I was thinking. Then felt the same way up until yesterday afternoon. Today is the best I've felt so far just following the diet and trying to walk as much as I can. My back does hurt from all the lying around! No pain meds since day of surgery so that's good I gave a suppository for the nausea which is a god send because I wake up everyday with it and these really help.

Glad your doing well ! I had a leak test & nothing showed ! I prob didn't need it . Felt secure all the same . Good luck - welcome to the sleevers . My sleeve was 3/6/13 . Each day you will love it more !!!!! No looking back .... Just ahead to getting our lives back !!!!!

I think what Tammy said is true. I was sleeved on 3-8 and the first few days I was quite unhappy. Just the adjustment where food is concerned is a major bummer. I've been adding some foods each day and feel much better. Yes I'm adding them early - shoot me. The tiredness has been an issue but it finally seems to be getting better. Each day gets just a little easier and once you start eating a few things the food (or lack thereof) issue gets a whole lot better. I'm pretty sure that soon I will love the sleeve, especially with the downward trend on the scales:)

I regretted my surgery for the first 3 days. The pain was unbearable, but as soon as I got home everything changed! I am happy and found a heating pad on my back helped with the "stuck" gas pains. I was sleeved this past Monday and finally today, am gas free and feeling good! Incision pains still there but all in all- happy!

Congrats to everyone newly sleeved! It's the beginning to a new very much improved life! I wish you guys a super fast recovery :-)

Sleeved 3-19-13 feeling great Good amount of energy. Hard to get the Water in. I know it's still early but when will the weight start to come off ? Out of curiosity I got on the scale yesterday and exact same pre op ;( I know it was to soon but I'd of been excited with one pound lost

Congrats to everyone newly sleeved! It's the beginning to a new very much improved life! I wish you guys a super fast recovery :-)

Keep it up.

I am 3 days post-op. I too' date=' almost walked out duriing the registration. I did all my hoemwork, but isn't real until you're standing in the hospital. My recovery appears to be typical of Dr. Thomas's patiesnt. I had some gas issues the first nite, but that was it. thus far, i not used any pain medication. As of this writing I feel Absoultely perfect. no pain, no bloating, just a littel tired. I am trying very hard to take in Protein, but i'm just not hungry.

The only thing i miss is the chewing. i'll try some gum.[/quote']

You are not allowed gum for the rest of your life! It you swallow it you could be looking at another surgery!

I chew gum all the time. My nut and dr are fine with it. I started out chewing if 2 weeks post op.

I was also sleeved on 3-19-13. The first day post op I was thinking, what have I done? I think the buildup of gas was affecting my brain!! LOL!! I feel really good today, still have a little gas pain but nothing like day 1 and 2. I am good with getting my fluids and Protein in. I drink the BariWise Fruit Drinks from Bariatric Choice. They have 15 grams of protein and are Clear Liquids. I put an envelope in my Blender Bottle, add ice, Water and blend. It actually tastes good!! I still walk at a snails pace but, I am walking!!

I chew gum all the time. My nut and dr are fine with it. I started out chewing if 2 weeks post op.

Me too. If I had a problem with swallowing it I probably wouldn't, but I don't, so I do chew it a lot!