Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are There ANY Eastern Iowa Bandsters?

Hello!

Are there ANY Eastern Iowa/Western Illinois bandsters out there??? Am I the ONLY one around here??

I have been looking EVERYWHERE to see if there was anyone in this area who has a band... Even the Receptionist at the local Bariatric center (they do RNY ONLY) acted like I was nuts to have this done and that NO ONE does that surgery.... Which may be true in this area but I know that are MANY of these procedures done in the US everyday.

Anyway, anyone out there???

:faint:

:) HI,

I live in Texas now but I was born and raised in eastern Iowa does that count?:nervous

Hahaha... Sure, that counts! Whereabouts are you from up here? I was Born in Dubuque and grew up in Bettendorf and LeClaire.

:)

Hello, I was Banded 5-2-05 in Cedar Falls, Iowa. My Doctor, Dr. Glascock, is very good. The band has helped me to lose 107 lbs. It is a very useful tool. Where are you from? How has the band worked for you so far?

Hello, I was Banded 5-2-05 in Cedar Falls, Iowa. My Doctor, Dr. Glascock, is very good. The band has helped me to lose 107 lbs. It is a very useful tool. Where are you from? How has the band worked for you so far?

I live in the Quad-Cities on the Mississippi River (Bettendorf to be exact).

I was banded on 10/24/06 by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana. I had a wonderful experience with him there and am glad I went that route since I was a self-pay. He is simply the greatest! I wonder if your doctor does fills on Mexican patients, in case I need one but do not have the time to run to TJ. Cedar Falls is maybe 2 hours away from here.

I really love my band!! I have lost 28 pounds and go in for my first fill in Tijuana this Saturday, December 9.

Hi Lynn,

It's me - Kellie/Iowa, I am getting ready for my 1st fill and don't have the time to go back to Tj, have you had any luck finding fill Dr's in Iowa? I called Dr. Glascock's office in Cedar Falls and he takes new patients who weren't banded by him, but he charges an initial consult fee of a minimum of $300 (more depending on how much time he spends w/ you) then fills are $350/each, AND he may have to do CT scan or other tests to find out where your port is which will cost more money of course. He does do the fills under flouro though. I just don't have the time to go back to TJ and am looking for someone more local.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kellie, I had the lapband done by Dr Glascock 5/2/05 and He is an excellant Doctor. I don't think you will be disappointed with him at all. I live in Cedar Falls. I am glad he does his fills under fluro. Judy

I am from Eastern Iowa. I am finishing up with tests and waiting for insurance approval to get banded by Dr. Glascock. I would love to hear from other Iowans, too!

I am in the stages of getting approved for banding by Dr. Glascock. Please tell me about your experiences with him. I have heard so many great things about him and his staff.

I am from the Nashua Charles City area (I actually live in Ionia but nobody ever knows where that is so it is best when I describe the 'bigger' towns around me. HAHA) Anyone who used Dr. Glascock I am also VERY interested in hearing about your experiences. How long did it take once you had insurance approval to get banded?

Jackie- I had my consult 4 weeks ago. I met with the dietician and with the PA, Angela. I also talked with Nikki about insurance. They were all very nice and supportive. I need to call Dr. Glascock's office today to see if they have submitted my records to insurance. I assumed they got everything, but I better check. I go to see the pshychiatrist tomorrow. It took me 2 weeks to get in. I have all of my pre-op tests done except for the overnight pulse oximetry test.

I also wonder how long it takes to get banded once I get my insurance approval.

Good luck!

Jackie- I had my consult 4 weeks ago. I met with the dietician and with the PA, Angela. I also talked with Nikki about insurance. They were all very nice and supportive. I need to call Dr. Glascock's office today to see if they have submitted my records to insurance. I assumed they got everything, but I better check. I go to see the pshychiatrist tomorrow. It took me 2 weeks to get in. I have all of my pre-op tests done except for the overnight pulse oximetry test.

I also wonder how long it takes to get banded once I get my insurance approval.

Good luck!

I done my psych eval on Monday. It only took me 1 week to get into Dr. Raju. I have red on here that some people have to wait to hear what their results were but Dr. told me before I left that he sees no reason that I would not be a good candidate for the surgery. :)

I am going tomorrow night for my sleep study. I met with the pA and nutritionist at Dr. Glascocks last week also.

My regular doc has to order my endoscopy and echo (I was on phen phen a few years ago and never had it tested after that. My doc says if I had the heart probs caused by phen phen they would have reared their ugly head by now. I am keeping my fingers crossed!)

I had to start my whole 6 month diet over because I have not had one in the last couple of years. I have done 2 in previous years but my insurance says it has to be in the 2 years propr to requesting surgery.

Fortunately I have seen my doc every month for the last 3 months for sure (I thinnk I also went in January though) and we have talked about my weight issues and what I can do and etc so we are going to use some of that for the 6 month supervised.

Hey I was there doing what they wanted and didn't even know for sure I was going to be needing that all documented like this but I guess I killed 2 birds with 1 stone huh?!

Anyway, I am hoping to be able to have surgery by the end of summer. :D I am really shooting for that. I would like both of my kids to be there (14 and almost 16) so I am hoping before school this fall.

They lost their dad almost 4 years ago at the age of 35 to diabetis so they get extrememly frantic when it comes to surgery or anything medical with me in which is totally understandable. They only have 2 parents and unfortunately they lost one and watched him suffer so I am keeping them totally informed as to what is going on.

Sorry for rambling......I just love this site. Everyone knows exactly what the other is feeling. I finally feel like I 'fit in'.

Keep me posted on your surgery and progress. :gluck:

I just got off the phone from the doctor's office. After my pshych. eval they will submit to insurance. Mary is the gal who does all the insurance stuff. (She was very nice, by the way.) I asked about how long it would take to get banded after approval. She stated that it depends on my tests. I told her all the test were done, except the overnight oximetry test. She stated that if that test came back that I may have sleep apnea, that the 2 night sleep study may take a long time. Evidently the sleep studies are backed up. I told her that I did not think that I had apnea. She told me that I would be surprised, most of the people coming in do. Just great! I thought I was ready to roll! I also found out that my bloodwork (that I have done twice), was incomplete. I was not tested for alot of things they needed. I guess I should have talked to them first. Now I have to go in again!

I am supposed to call Mary back on Monday to see if they received the psych eval report. If so, she will submit then.

Feeling a bit frustrated.