Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you Amy. By the way I hope I am in as good spirits and mood when I'm one day out from surgery. I enjoy your posts!

This is probably different with every surgeon. All of your issues weren't issues for me. I was with Dr ponce de leon, and I never had to wait for anything. I mean sure at 3 am if I had a question that needed a doctor to answer, it took 30-45 minutes for an answer. But the nurses were always there, I was checked in quickly, I knew exactly where I was surgery wise (I had mine in the morning as they told me I would). My coordinator (Trish) was there every day. And again when she offered to take me shopping she gave me plenty of notice so that wasn't an issue. There was no line of sight to the OR table from the hallway or from the recovery room, so the OR (at INT hospital) was completely private. And I don't recall peeing bright green for days so either it didn't freak me out or it didn't happen to me. I did get diarrhea but I totally expected that, it happened after my C-section as well.

Cindysc

Don't freak out. It's not like that. I don't know what happened here, but I don't have the sharts (yet?) and and there were no birthday suits seen. Unless it was mine and I could care less. I was asleep. Lol

My sharts started when I got to the hotel room after my 2 nights in the hospital, so there's still time yet for you! :) Sharts = fun on airplanes!

Rofl, yay!! I have pads better put them on before i even leave. How long does that last?

So let me start by saying a few words as to why I'm writing this. I was recently sleeved by Dr. Garcia in Tijuana and I am very happy with my results -- so far. If you want to read moment by moment blows of someones happy surgery' date=' this isn't the blog. I've read every blog here and a majority are dead on accurate. But there's a lot no one bothers to mention and I wish someone had. Also, I'm posting this from a made-up user ID.... I read the boards daily and respond frequently, but prefer to keep some elements of my issues private (as you'll read). Thanks!!

First, Waiting! I appreciate in the U.S. were go-go-go people who are comfortable with our busy, full schedules but in Mexico, there is NO scheduling at all! You sit and wait, and wait, and wait. The day of my surgery we were taken at 6:45 to the hospital, we waited until after 9am for the hospital staff to even arrive to check us in. Once in my room, more waiting; I didn't have my surgery until NIGHT! Despite numerous attempts to ask when (approx) my surgery would be - "soon" is the only answer I got. Want to go shopping after surgery, plan to wait. No one can tell you if or when or how long. I waited 2 whole days and then in a matter of minutes of a phone call, was expected to be ready.

Second - Coordinators. Good luck. I saw my coordinator ONCE on the very LAST day. Once I was taken back to the hotel, I had questions I needed answered and despite my attempts (for over an hour) and the hotels attempts, no one could reach them. And their voicemail boxes were full - wonderful. What if I had an emergency?

Third - Not Like U.S. Hospitals. Now I accepted this going in. BUT, if when waiting to be taken into ER I am awake and can see the person before me laying naked on the OR table - I'm sorry, I find that bothersome to several degrees. First, how many germs are flooding through those open doors? Second, if I was awake enough to see someone (who I actually knew from these boards and hotel), then who is seeing me? Not cool.

Fourth - The Yucky (yes, the yucky truth - feel free to skip) No one bothers to tell you that your pee after your final leak test will be BRIGHT green for days - not an issue, but a heads up would've been nice. And the diarrhea - oh my stomach aches just thinking about it. It smells horrendous - like sick tummy. Its lasts for, I don't even know how long, I still have it, and its explosive. So yes, you probably will shart yourself. Just speaking the truth here.

Again, I want to say I am HAPPY with my results ---- these were just things NO ONE bothered to mention and it would've been nice to prepare a bit better. So, bring a extra book, ask all your questions before you leave, ask to be drugged up before going to the OR and sit on a towel afterwards and you should be ALL set![/quote']

My experience was totally opposite, but its good you posted, always good to know the "what ifs"

I didn't have any of those issues and believe me if i did I wouldn't hesitate to say so without a doubt. As for Rosie I think I saw her twice. I didn't need her and she called every day. I was offered to go shopping and I declined. She felt bad that I stayed in the room but I just wasn't up to any of that, plus I was traveling alone. Had someone accompanied me on my trip I prob would have pushed myself to go. As far as being naked after 4 kids and many surgeries I could care less who sees. Maybe they can compare my before and after, lol :)

Rofl, yay!! I have pads better put them on before i even leave. How long does that last?

Hmmm, I don't remember. Several days I think. I think I took immodium before getting on the plane, I had looked it up and it was on the list of safe meds so I figured I'd save myself the issues with bathroom on the airplane. I stopped taking it once I was home though because I figured that stuff needs to come out right! After the diarrhea came Constipation though, and that's definitely no better. Stool softeners my friends, stool softeners! Don't let it creep up on you because believe me, it is not fun to have to insert a glycerine suppository up in there.

Ok now I'm scared. I leave in 2 days. I don't want anybody seeing my big fat naked body on no OR table and I sure don't want to see anybody else's. OMG I have not freaked out till just now.

I agree! That sounds scary! I am a Rn and that does not sound like a sterile field to me.

Well' date=' considering what I've seen posted about another surgeon that charges 4500, what you received was a huge improvement. Last I heard Garcia is 4700, right? I think at that price point, since all your "complaints" are really centralized around your convenience, you received a good value.

I will say if you want to be catered to more, and have more interaction, you would have had to gone to a higher priced surgeon. For anybody that feels that these problems are aggregous then I'd highly recommend spending the 5500 to go to dr. Ponce de leon or Dr. Kelly.

This is just my observation/opinion.

[/quote']

I appreciate your comment since I will be having my sleeve done this Wednesday the 6 th by Dr. Ponce. I am hoping that since I am paying a little more that I won't have a similar bad experience.

So, I have a very long trip home...new items on my shopping list: Depends, immodium and stool softener! Just wanna be prepared!!

So' date=' I have a very long trip home...new items on my shopping list: Depends, immodium and stool softener! Just wanna be prepared!![/quote']

Don't for get the extra panties

Don't for get the extra panties

And baby wipes!

Not kidding lol

I appreciate your comment since I will be having my sleeve done this Wednesday the 6 th by Dr. Ponce. I am hoping that since I am paying a little more that I won't have a similar bad experience.

I hope you went through Trish. If you did you'll be very happy.

Does Dr Ponce use any other coordinator?

Does Dr Ponce use any other coordinator?

There was another coordinator they were having some trouble with. I'm not sure if he quit using her or if they rectified their issues.