Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 lbs 2.5 weeks? Is that slow?

I'm 2.5 weeks out and have only lost 10 lbs. I feel things are slowing down. I use myfitnesspal and usually only get about 500 cal or under. 20 min brisk walk a day. What gives!?? Will it get better ?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes, have patience. I know it is hard (for me too). You may even stall here. I did from 2.5 weeks to nearly 6 weeks. Then I lost a pound per day for two weeks. Since then it is unpredictable. I just stick to plan and relax.

thats actually pretty fast....and likely mostly Water weight...dont expect to keep up at that pace

thats actually pretty fast....and likely mostly Water weight...dont expect to keep up at that pace

Probably isn't Water weight IF she did a pre-op diet. I think the question should be answered...."depends" of you've got a high bmi like over 50 it is sort of slow. If your bmi is in the 35 range then it's not slow ...IMHO

BMI is mid 40s. It's little frustrating ...I hope it speeds up!

BMI is mid 40s. It's little frustrating ...I hope it speeds up!

My BMI was 42 and I'm 6 days out and have lost 13 so far. Afraid because its coming off so fast it will slow down....I guess we just have to wait and see...hope we both have fast weight loss so we reach our goals quickly....good luck...I'm sure it will speed up for you! 10.5 ain't too shabby!

Probably isn't Water weight IF she did a pre-op diet. I think the question should be answered...."depends" of you've got a high bmi like over 50 it is sort of slow. If your bmi is in the 35 range then it's not slow ...IMHO

agreed

I'm in the same position and I don't think it's that slow. I've lost 9 pounds and this Friday will be 2 weeks for me. Mind you, I did a 3 week post op and lost some weight then too...I don't think of it as a race to lose as much as you can as fast as you can, so long as you are getting in your Protein, Water, and exercising, the weight will come off! Good luck!

I'm in the same position and I don't think it's that slow. I've lost 9 pounds and this Friday will be 2 weeks for me. Mind you, I did a 3 week post op and lost some weight then too...I don't think of it as a race to lose as much as you can as fast as you can, so long as you are getting in your Protein, Water, and exercising, the weight will come off! Good luck!

Yes that's true. I am not in rush but was told that the first few months are the "honeymoon" period, the optimal window to loose. I just don't want to miss that. I think I'm doing everything right. I admit, I do have a strong head hunger. Cravings are intense, hunger feels so real. I pretty much feel the same as before! :( Hope it shifts.

I'm in the same position and I don't think it's that slow. I've lost 9 pounds and this Friday will be 2 weeks for me. Mind you' date=' I did a 3 week post op and lost some weight then too...I don't think of it as a race to lose as much as you can as fast as you can, so long as you are getting in your Protein, Water, and exercising, the weight will come off! Good luck![/quote']

Great point! I did one week pre-op and only lost 3 lbs but lost 10 the first week.

My BMI at surgery was 44.1. Today I am 23 days out and my BMI is 40.8. I have lost 18 pounds. All of it in the first 15 days. Stall since then. Since it took me 8 months to lose 16 pounds pre-op, I think 18 pounds in 23 days is pretty awesome. I wish I was losing faster but it is what it is. What is most important to me is that I feel good. I am not hungry. I had no complications. I can drink liquids normally and I have been off my CPAP since day 8. I have already seen so many positive effects that I cannot complain. Looking forward to my next blood tests to see what my cholesterol and A1c look like.

I'm 4 weeks and 3 days out,i had a stall for over 7 days,and i was told to up my meals,so now i set my timer for every two hours to remind my self.because if i listen to my stomach i will never eat lol.. and now i see the scale moving so it works :)

I had a lot of IV Fluid retention with surgery and I had lost 29# pre-op. (no drain either) At my 1 week follow up I was heavier than day of surgery. In the next two weeks it all started falling off until my third week stall kicked in for 3 weeks... So the point is your mileage may vary, and a couple of weeks is not enough of a time frame to even start to get worried about being a slow loser (if you know you are following the plan).

My BMI at surgery was 44.1. Today I am 23 days out and my BMI is 40.8. I have lost 18 pounds. All of it in the first 15 days. Stall since then. Since it took me 8 months to lose 16 pounds pre-op, I think 18 pounds in 23 days is pretty awesome. I wish I was losing faster but it is what it is. What is most important to me is that I feel good. I am not hungry. I had no complications. I can drink liquids normally and I have been off my CPAP since day 8. I have already seen so many positive effects that I cannot complain. Looking forward to my next blood tests to see what my cholesterol and A1c look like.

My experience at 23 days or even 30 days mirrored yours. Then 2 glorious weeks followed by another horizontal trek. But my month to month numbers are quite satisfactory to me.

10 lbs in 2.5 weeks ?!! Psssh that is rapid weight loss !! Good job !!!!! My surgeon says to go for 2 lbs a weeks so I think you are doing great !