Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my foods, what's wrong...so frustrated..

Soooooooo frustrated....I've checked out the "whatcha eating ..." forums...checked out sample menus, etc...most post are over 2 years old..but I can say that I'm eating like ya'll.

My staple foods/grocery list includes:

eggbeaters, turkey bacon

deli meat, 2% cheese slices, weight watchers cheese strings

ground turkey, turkey patties, chicken patties, chicken fajita meat, chicken breasts

triskets crackers, beef Jerky

crystal light, Water Enhancer drops, low sodium V8

and of course Quest bars and Protien drink mixes (nectar and BA)..

today so far...Protien shake for Breakfast (8oz)

on my 4-5 glass of crystal light already

eggbeaters scrambled eggs, 2 slices turkey bacon for lunch

will probably get bored here in a bit, and snack on deli meat (roast beef), or string cheese, or Jerky

some sort of chicken for dinner

and a Quest bar for late dessert

I'm up 6lbs today...was down 3 yesterday...I'ts been doing this since end of January...haven't lost any since the significant loss after surgery.

I'm fairly picky eater, that's why you don't see veggies in the list, salads are boring, plus I get full with just eating protien.

I'm doing Protein, Protein, protein, Water water water!!

I go to Curves at least 3 x a week. I will go walk here in a sec, Curves is closed...Still not in shape to do major excersising...but I'm moving.

I'm so frustrated and depressed, I want a margarita (which I've cold turkey achohol...maybe a glass of Moscato at night before bed, but I've had that same bottle of wine since January)...

I've held in my bad, negative attitude about my non weight loss long enough...Because I don't like feeling this way. I'm a happy, no worries kind of person!! But this is a worry! Oh and the Dr. bill I just received!! But that's a whole nother post!! (I could buy a car for that bill, when insurance said I met "out of pocket expense"...liver biopsy as much as the surgery and not covered...What up??!!) So that stress, and no weight loss....not a good combination...

oh, and I do take Alive multi daily, Vitamin D, Calcium, B12, Biotin...and high blood pressure and thyroid, asthma meds...

fyi...

This can sometimes be a very frustrating experience. We all are doing our best and sometimes the results are not what we want. I would first recommend not weighing yourself every day. I was doing this too & getting so discouraged by crazy daily fluctuations. Now I only weigh once a week. Do you work with a nutritionist? I know mine has been very helpful in helping me adjust my diet to my needs. I also use My Fitness Pal to track what I eat. It lets you know your total intake of calories, Protein, fat, carbs & sodium. It has been very helpful in tweaking my nutritional intake throughout the day. Sodium & carbs are sneaky in food products & the most common obstacles to weight loss. I wish you all the best & don't give up!

well that just sucks. But wait... you've lost 31 lbs since Nov. 27. That is 10 lbs a month, 2.5 lbs a week. Dang! You're actually doing very well! I personally think that crystal light (or other aspartame containing foods) messes with your blood sugar, so you could try changing that to just plain Water with a squirt of lemon. Are there any vegetables that you do like? You could try adding some just to change things up a little. Even the Atkins diet adds green low-glycemic index veggies back in after the induction phase (which lasts just 2 weeks).

Hang in there, don't get frustrated, relax, and enjoy not being able to eat huge amounts of food. You WILL lose weight! And good Lord, don't start drinking!

I would check to see how much sodium you are getting due to the beef Jerky, triscuits, lunchmeat and such. Also, since you are taking thyroid meds, I'm assuming you are hypothyroid. I do think it's more difficult for those of us with hypothyroidism to lose quickly. Have you had your thyroid panel done recently to check your levels? Congratulations on your weight loss so far--it looks great to me! But I understand that only you know the pace and what came off when--etc. I know you said you lost a lot at first and that it's slowed down significantly, which I'm sure is frustrating. Hang in there!!

Thank you...

TES, I had labs done exactly 1 month after surgery (Nov. 27), and was advised to return after a month due to my lipids, my thyroid level was normal. I failed to return, so have made an appointment for this Monday.

DeeDee, we had the same surgery date! I've downloaded the MyFitnessPal app. and am averaging 800-825 calories a day. I'm not sure exactly what our calorie intake is suppose to be, but I think this is about right?? Not sure if the 2500 goal for sodium is correct, but I'm under that daily. I do need to ween off of flavored Water, drinks, that is going to be tough, probably tougher than eliminating margaritas (which I have accomplished!)

I finally accomplished the Curves Circuit twice (recommended) this morning!!

As of today, I'm still 5lbs higher than my lowest weight, but I'm going to stay on track, and check next week.

Thanks again, everyone!!.

Way to go on weaning off the margaritas! Easier said than done. And great news on the weight loss!!

I personally think that crystal light (or other aspartame containing foods) messes with your blood sugar.

It is no longer just a hunch, it is fact. A recent study by France's National Institute of Health and Medical Research was done across over 60,000 women over a span of 14 years and artificial sweeteners cause the body to produce insulin to the same degree if not more than sugar, increasing the risk of developing diabetes 33% up to 60% by simply consuming 12 to 20oz of artificially sweetened drinks in a week, and initial findings show it can increase cravings for real sugar.

Only ONE 12 ounce artificially sweetened beverage per week can increase your chance of developing diabetes 33%!!!

Source and study info: http://english.inser...ype-ii-diabetes

Helpful "leyman's terms" article: http://shine.yahoo.c...-192600358.html

Damning evidence if you ask me. 14 years over 60K+ women...

Reading that was enough to swear me off artificial sweeteners for GOOD!

a Quest bar for late dessert

That's at least 20+ grams of carbs right before bed. I try to eat my carbs early in the day or in my post workout meal. I tapper them off closer in the evening... no carbs after 7pm.

Your calories are looking good for someone who is exercising but I am not sure what "curves" is... Is that a exercise glass or a gym. If its a gym what are you doing workout wise and how long? Are you a smoker or have any other issue that makes you feel you "are not in shape to do major exercise"? Walking is a great exercise but your not going to burn any serious calories walking... not unless you are doing a couple hours a day walking.

To keep it simple you need to focus on maintaining a strict calorie deficit. If your only goals are to lose weight cut back on calories... you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound.

Your goal isnt to hit 2500g of sodium. 2500g of sodium is the maximum recommended amount daily.

You weight loss is great though thus far... about average I would say. I wouldn't worry if you think you are losing to slowly, your losing at a good healthy pace. If you want to drop really fast your gonna have to work hard for it.

The carbs before bed will cause your body to increase insulin production and go into fat storage mode. I would eliminate the bar before bed and have it earlier in the day. As suggested previously, watch your sodium intake as well and get your liquids in. If you have a nutritionist, talk with them, if you don't, and can swing one, definately get one, its worth it.

Wow...ok...I've had my last Crystal light to drink...I've been drinking Water and alternating with water w/Dasanii or Mio flavor enhancer water drops (didn't see aspartane on the label), and hopefully ween to water only. Quest bar for lunches now...ugh sooooo much to know. I was just focused on Protein protein protein, liquids, liquids, liquids...I have now been exercising daily, counting calories....finally dropped 2lbs...almost back to my lowest weight since surgery. I bet most are not having to do that....ugh.

I need to search for sample menus, surely there are some on here...

Thank you, everybody!

Wow...ok...I've had my last Crystal light to drink...I've been drinking Water and alternating with Water w/Dasanii or Mio flavor enhancer water drops (didn't see aspartane on the label), and hopefully ween to water only.

If you love a little fruity flavor in your drinks, I've been loving Hint Water. It's unsweetened bottled water but it has flavored essences like blackberry, watermelon, pomegranite mango, etc. and they are surprisingly satisfying though there's no sweeteners.

I need to search for sample menus, surely there are some on here...

Are you on myfitnesspal? If you are add "hollirrose" and check out her diet... great example of what you should be eating if you want to drop serious weight.

I personally think that crystal light (or other aspartame containing foods) messes with your blood sugar' date=' so you could try changing that to just plain Water with a squirt of lemon.

[/quote']

4c makes a Crystal Lite type of mix with Splenda instead of aspartame. They don't have as many flavors but they have a few. I like it because I am afraid of the aspartame I would be intaking daily.