Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

This is probably the silliest question, and I would THINK the obvious answer is 'yes'….but under our hospital gowns, do we go into surgery without panties?

Well when I had my surgery I was given a pair of paper panties to wear to keep me decent, so you never know your luck!!

EWWWWWWWW I had never even thought about where the Doctor was - thanks for the image - oh well, it was all worth it to have the band (I'm still trying to figure out just the right name for mine)

As far as Protein - I put in a strong vote for the Unjury - chocolate is my favorite but it definitely is not tasteless - they do make one that is though. My husband prefer's the vanilla and he isn't even on a diet.

EWWWWWWWW I had never even thought about where the Doctor was - thanks for the image - oh well, it was all worth it to have the band (I'm still trying to figure out just the right name for mine)

As far as Protein - I put in a strong vote for the Unjury - chocolate is my favorite but it definitely is not tasteless - they do make one that is though. My husband prefer's the vanilla and he isn't even on a diet.

Isn't that the wierdest thought though...ooops, I dropped the sponge...ohhhhh......:omg: ....LMAO!!!!!!

KUDOS to you cdgmom on the UNJURY..The flavorless has no flavor what~so~ever...I LOVE it!:)

Bad day today. Banded Jan 15 and everything was fine. Then all of a sudden today I am so hungry I could eat a horse. I am trying to stay on the diet but it is a struggle.

Any words of wisdom?

Well I can't give you any advice PeaCeJ as I was only banded on January 16th myself but I can certainly identify with you and tell you that you're not alone - the hunger hit me today like a freight train and I just couldn't believe it!! I ate four meals instead of three and just had to put the day down to experience. Tomorrow, if I feel the same way I'm just going to have slightly larger portions because I haven't adjusted my portion sizes since the day after surgery and I'm sure the fact that swelling is reducing has to have an effect on hunger pangs. It's 11pm and I'm just back from a half-hour walk which was the most positive way I could think of to end my day. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be easier!!

Add me to your Janury list! Banding on 1/30 in Providence with Dr. Roye. Starting to get nervous, but really ready! Kim

I was banded on the 12th and I am starting to feel the twinges of hunger too. My doctor wants me eating 6 times a day and I don't, but I may if I need to. I also make sure I drink lots, that seems to help with the hunger.

I wish I had gotten the Protein Powder to add to Soups and stuff because I didn't get enough Protein in and I felt really weak. Today is my best day so far, energy wise. So I would day make sure you get your protein in and your Water. Good Luck!

Hello Ladies (and gentlemen)

I have been lurking around for the last month reading and educating myself as much as possible. Am scheduled for Jan 31 and am finally feeling like this will really happen. I also paid today and that definitely made it more real. (I am self pay)

As far as the position is concerned, you are covered by a drape, so nothing is really exposed to the world. But your right, it is weird. If your unconscious you won't know anyway. That's what I keep in my mind. As far as I am concerned they could stand me on my head, if this will work for me.

For those having problems getting enough Protein, I recently ordered some New Whey Liquid Protein from bariatriceating.com. It has 25 gms of protein in 2.9 ounces and taste like Jello shots. (non alcoholic). I have a supply for right after surgery because I figure I can get the 2.9 ounces down a couple of times a day to keep my protein intake up.

Hoping that it will work for me until I can move on to more solid food. My surgeon lets us start soft foods in 48 hrs, but I have a supply of protein powder, just in case. I have ordered a set of protein samples from Unjury, as a number of people have recommended it.

Finally beginning to get excited.

FYI, I have learned so much from reading this thread. Glad I will get to be one of the January gang. Even if just barely.

Renee -the funny thing is that today is the first day that I have actually gotten all my Water in. It's nice to know that I am not alone.

I have been horrible with my Water and when I started drinking it I was all gassed up again! So I had an email lesson (with my friend who was banded 18 months ago) on how to sip the stupid stuff! I was in so much pain. I think I may have figured out how not to suck in all the air that I was sucking in cause it's better today. Man, talk about pain!

Hi mfw1941,

I bet you have gotten some pretty vivid visuals from these ladies too! lol

We aren't a shy group, to say the least! hehe

Good luck and welcome aboard!

I have been horrible with my Water and when I started drinking it I was all gassed up again! So I had an email lesson (with my friend who was banded 18 months ago) on how to sip the stupid stuff! I was in so much pain. I think I may have figured out how not to suck in all the air that I was sucking in cause it's better today. Man, talk about pain!

what is the trick to sipping without getting air in there? can you describe it?

GOOD MORNING everyone. I feel like a kid the night before Christmas. I'm anxiously awaiting my gift tomorrow! I'm really busy at work wrapping up some lose ends, so that is helping me get thru the day. I've got a splitting heachache but besides that, I'm doing great! I'm ready for the surgery tomorrow and ready to be an official Janaury Bandster!

I thought I would remind everyone who is having surgery today -

Enterprise01 – 1/17/07

Revolution – 1/17/07<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:date Month="]1/17/07</font">

Prissever – <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:date Month=1/17/07</st1:date>

<font size=" /><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007">1/17/07</st1:date>

<FONT face="Times New Roman"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007"></st1:date>

<FONT size=3><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007"></st1:date><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007">Good-luck - I know you guys will do great! Come back and post as soon as you can and tell us how you are doing!</st1:date>

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007"></st1:date>

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman"><st1:date Month="1" Day="17" Year="2007">Well, no time to stay on here long, lots of work to do before surgery! bye.</st1:date>

<FONT size=3>

<FONT size=3><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">I'm 7 days post-op and still fairly miserable. I had severe nausea and lots of dry heaves for the first 24 hours post-op and had difficulty waking up from the anesthesia. I started back on solid food 3 days after surgery and that has really helped me get my strength back. I'm not feeling any restriction, though. My belly is still bloated, my incisions are sore, I've got a lovely rash from the band-aids, and I can't stop burping, which is amusing my boyfriend to no end. Putting my socks on in the morning is a Herculean task. I can't wait to feel normal again.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">Sounds like a lot of other bandsters are doing better than me, so that's good. I was hoping that this surgery would not be any worse than my tubal ligation, but it is. This surgery has completely knocked me on my ass.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">How long 'til the sutures dissolve and the incisions heal up? I'm having to wear the same pair of sweat pants to work every day (and sweats are not allowed), so I'm anxious to get back in regular clothes. But right now, I can't imagine wearing anything with a real waistband because of the incisions. How has everyone else dealt with that issue?

</st1:date>