Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Here's a bit of delicate question. Has anyone had sex since being banded? I'm 16 days post-op, and my boyfriend and I haven't had actual intercourse yet, but we've fooled around a couple of times. I'm finding that having an orgasm causes contractions in the abdominal muscles, and it really, really hurts at this point. Is anyone else experiencing this? I wonder how long it will take the adominal muscles to heal from the incisions.

I think it took me 4 days for full contact activity!!!

Congratulations on the weight loss! You are doing great!

Are you getting hungry at all? When is your first fill? I am finding that I am starting to get hungry about a couple hours after eating. And I know I can eat more than 5 oz at a time. My first fill will be on Feb 12.

I have ONE pair of pants that I think are too loose. I had a box ready for storing my clothes that I outgrow (positive thinking here). Anyway, one pair of pants in the box. How nice to see something actually go in there.

Audree, I appreciated your message about the life of the band. That is something that has been in the back of my mind for a while.

Terry

Thanks!!! I am getting hungry and am finding I am able to eat more. I get my first fill on Feb. 17th. I eat 3 times a day and 2 Snacks. I also have one pair of jeans that are fitting me too loose,but not loose enough to buy another pair.

I have two pairs of workout pants that are going in the donation box too!!

hey everyone well my surgery was 10 days ago and everything went very well they had to fix a hydel hernia while they were in there but no extra pain I don't guess. I went back to the dr. thursday and I am down 35lbs from my heighest weight.:P :clap2:

That is awesome!!!! Congrats!:clap2: :clap2:

I was released to "anything I want" yesterday and I'm afraid to eat. The entire family seems to be watching every bite I take to see how I'm doing and I'm scared to death to PB or worse!

Anyone else scared to eat solid foods?

Also has anyone tried something and it wasn't a good idea?

I felt like that too and just tried everything a little at a time. I've had carne asada, chicken, eggs, fish, no probs!!

Hi and congrats on your great weight loss:clap2: That is wonderful. I lost about 17lbs on my pre-op diet. I had my band on the 30th and I haven't gotten on the scale yet. I am tempted, but I can't just yet. I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts. Have a great weekend-Gigi:)

Thanks!!! I lost 4 pounds on my pre op. I didn't weigh for 3 weeks after surgury. It was a nice surprise!!

Take care!!:P

Hi, just got my band owned, all went well and got home last night. I found out I lost 8lbs since we left for Mexico even though Tue night after the tests there, we went across the street and had the best Mexican food with 2 margaritas each that we have had in a long time. No pain , so no pain pills needed , just a little GAS.. Dr. Kuri was great there were 3 of us guys that were banded on Wed .I got up and started walking right after they took me back to my room. After a few laps around I was walking faster and faster, The Dr. said that he hasn't seen anyone walk so fast and for so long in a long time, he also said this is the best way to get rid of the gas faster..Ted

Congrats!!! I wasn't able to walk much since I was vomitting!:P

But, I also heard walking helps gas!

Hi Everyon -

I am home now. Surgery was tough, I feel like I have been punched in the stomach by an elephant. I am determined to not tal=ke pain medicine...I am afraid to get sick. I ahve been on a tylenol regimine and all seems weel. How long were you sore past surgery?

I think the worst for me was the first 4 days. But, my port really never bothered me much.

I am able to eat soft solid foods, including cooked fish, well cooked vegetables, etc. I had some leftover fish the next day for lunch and that did not agree with me, but the night before I was fine. I think the second time the fish was too dry. I didn't PB, but could feel the bite sitting at the top of my chest for about 5 minutes. That did NOT feel good at all. I now make sure that I dribble Water, lemon juice or something on my fish to moisten it. When I get to regular foods, I'll probably keep doing this for a while.

The veterans say that eating with the band is trial and error. I think they are right. We are going to have to figure out what agrees with us. What works for someone else might not work for me.

Let us know what you eat and how you are doing. I'll be interested in the real food tests.

Terry

What helped with my fish is tartar sauce and cocktail sauce, yumy!!!

Hey Marjon,

Again - thank you for the great post! I am one of the newly banded folks that is terrified of a PB! I cry when I vomit preband. I dread the thought of it - its just something that I have to deal with.

I bought baby forks and spoons to help me out with Portion Control for when I go to mushies and then solids. If I didn't do that, I'd be PBing immediately for sure. :hungry:

I was like that too preband. I'd cry when I threw up,I think I have a phobia so I definitely don't want to PB!!!

I think it took me 4 days for full contact activity!!!

Audree, I have to admit I'm getting a little bit jealous of you. :P

You're doing so great and it all seems so easy for you. You've had a quick recovery, you're losing weight, you're exercising already, and you're having sex without pain! Is there any way you can send me some of your good fortune? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you for your success, but I'm envious, too. I'm still sore; the steri-strips haven't even fallen off my incisions yet; I still have sporadic gas pains in my shoulder; I'm ravenously hungry and have no restriction; the scale is not moving despite being really good on my diet; I can't exercise until the sutures dissolve; and every orgasm triggers a lot of abdominal pain. I'm getting depressed about all of this. The hunger and pain are really wearing me down.

Audree, I have to admit I'm getting a little bit jealous of you. :)

You're doing so great and it all seems so easy for you. You've had a quick recovery, you're losing weight, you're exercising already, and you're having sex without pain! Is there any way you can send me some of your good fortune? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you for your success, but I'm envious, too. I'm still sore; the steri-strips haven't even fallen off my incisions yet; I still have sporadic gas pains in my shoulder; I'm ravenously hungry and have no restriction; the scale is not moving despite being really good on my diet; I can't exercise until the sutures dissolve; and every orgasm triggers a lot of abdominal pain. I'm getting depressed about all of this. The hunger and pain are really wearing me down.

I'm sorry!:) I also had my surgery Jan. 5 so like 2 weeks or so ahead. You will be feeling better before you know it!:D My sweet restriction is gone and I am finding myself hungry and able to eat more. I am glad I started South Beach with day 1 of solids. Or else I'd probably be binging!

Maybe you can try massaging your abdominals. I started massaging my abdominal area, around the incisions early on. It hurt at first, but helped. I also have been taking an appetite suppresant that helps a lot. It also helps with metabolism, so I think that has been taking the edge off.

I hope you feel better soon!!:P

I'm glad you came clean!

I talked with him the other day. I was concerned my burping was affecting my band. He said as long as I am following the diet, (which I was) I'll be fine. I think he thinks I'm nuts!

Yeah, I called him and confessed. He sentenced me to several days of broth and popsicles.

Hey, Mary,

I'm glad to hear you're doing all right. I had the exact same thing with the nausea for the first 48 hours. And like you, I needed a lot of sleep. I think I took a 4 hour nap every day for the first week in addition to a good 10 hours at night. I hope the gas pains don't sneak up on you in a couple of days like they did with me. Keep me posted on your progress.

Well the gas pains caught up with me today. Was beginning to think I might be home free, but no such luck. I made some cream of wheat this morning with nonfat milk. It was lactose free milk, but I am lacotose intolerant and wonder if I won't be able to use the lactose free at all.

Back to my soy milk I guess. The gas was better this afternoon, so I am hoping it was just the milk from this morning.

Ate the C of W this morning and about a half a cup of Tomato Soup this afternoon and it seemed to go well. Think I will try a scrambled egg tomorrow. Have managed to get most of my Water down, but I really have to pay attention to it.

Nice to have you our there blazing the way for me.

Well, now that I have taken off my bandages, I finally feel normal and ready to start exercising.

(I told myself I'd give myself a full week after surgery to just heal up, get used to the post-op diet, and just do the suggested walking.)

Now that the week is over I am ready to get this thing started!

* Monday I hit the gym! I will be back to let you all know how it went!

* I bought the South Beach Diet book - the most recent one that just breaks down the food. Doesn't include all that theory fluff...

* I also created my account on FitDay.com. WOW! I can't believe how few calories I am eating these days. I know that will change when I get to solids, but still, 600 calories a day??? Yikes!

I also need to get WAY more Protein in.

* I put a bunch of Protein Drinks in the fridge. EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control seems to be a good one. Only 110 Calories, 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of Fiber and 17 g of protein in a 11 oz serving. Plus it's only $4.97 for 4 at Wal-Mart.

So, let me get through the Super Bowl tomorrow (Go Bears!!) and Monday I start!

Well, now that I have taken off my bandages, I finally feel normal and ready to start exercising.

(I told myself I'd give myself a full week after surgery to just heal up, get used to the post-op diet, and just do the suggested walking.)

Now that the week is over I am ready to get this thing started!

* Monday I hit the gym! I will be back to let you all know how it went!

* I bought the South Beach Diet book - the most recent one that just breaks down the food. Doesn't include all that theory fluff...

* I also created my account on FitDay.com. WOW! I can't believe how few calories I am eating these days. I know that will change when I get to solids, but still, 600 calories a day??? Yikes!

I also need to get WAY more Protein in.

* I put a bunch of protein drinks in the fridge. EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control seems to be a good one. Only 110 Calories, 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber and 17 g of protein in a 11 oz serving. Plus it's only $4.97 for 4 at Wal-Mart.

So, let me get through the Super Bowl tomorrow (Go Bears!!) and Monday I start!

Sounds like you are starting off on the right foot!!:clap2: :clap2: I know that going straight on South Beach made a big difference for me. I hear people gain when they start solids and I lost 3.5 pounds!!! It has helped me with my appetite, carb and sugar cravings. Coming off from a liquid fast, I do not feel deprived at all doing South Beach. It feels awesome!!!

I have a South Beach thread going if you like to check in!

I am also wondering if there is anything new, new foods, ideas that you can share??

Thanks, Audree