Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Sunshine....how is your last fill doing? Last post I read on it you'd said it was pretty tight...did it get better? I've been stuck a few times since my last fill and am a little nervous about getting this next one but know that it's needed!! Still eating too much and can still eat bread. I have 2.25 in a 4cc and I think that's about the same schedule on fills you've had. Going for my 3rd tomorrow!!!

I am finally going for my first fill tomorrow!! I was banded on Jan 3rd and have lost 27lbs so far. Right now I can eat anything and I have no restriction. Wish me luck, I'll let u know how it goes.

Hi Kellie!

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I was banded 1/30, I've lost about 30 pounds - no fill, due to insurance. Have you not had a fill yet by choice, as you've not needed a fill? I thought I was the only one without a fill; I'm so glad to hear from you!!! Keep us posted! Thanks!

Sheri

I am finally going for my first fill tomorrow!! I was banded on Jan 3rd and have lost 27lbs so far. Right now I can eat anything and I have no restriction. Wish me luck, I'll let u know how it goes.

Hi Kellie!

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I was banded 1/30, I've lost about 30 pounds - no fill, due to insurance. Have you not had a fill yet by choice, as you've not needed a fill? I thought I was the only one without a fill; I'm so glad to hear from you!!! Keep us posted! Thanks!

Sheri

Same here, no fills. I called the other day to get scheduled for one. I'm just now starting to lose my restriction, so it's time for one.

I'm a brave soul...and very cautious to post this...I was one of the first for the month and went into a hault on w-loss for about 4.5 wks. I didn't loose an oz. However I went for my fill yesterday and now I'm ready to get back on track. The Pic's posted (I hope) are from 1 Jan and 24 Apr...Seeing yourself everyday in the mirror, you don't really see it. I was really surprised!

I can see a big difference in your pics! Your neck and face are much thinner - your beautiful, I love your hair color!

Sunshine....how is your last fill doing? Last post I read on it you'd said it was pretty tight...did it get better? I've been stuck a few times since my last fill and am a little nervous about getting this next one but know that it's needed!! Still eating too much and can still eat bread. I have 2.25 in a 4cc and I think that's about the same schedule on fills you've had. Going for my 3rd tomorrow!!!

Yes, it was tight, but it has loosened up and I'm doing fine with it, I actually think I could be just a tad tighter, but I'm going to live with this for awhile and see how I do. I'm having no problems getting food stuck or anything. I'm at 3.0 cc's right now in a 4cc band. I think I probably need to go to 3.2 or so, but I'll wait and see how I do and if no loss, I'll go back in for another fill.

Keep us posted Kellie - Your doing great to lose the weight you have lost with NO FILL.

Hello Everyone!

Today is my 90 day anniversary. I have not yet had to have a fill and have lost 85lbs as of last Saturday. I have went from a size 58 jean to a 48 so far and they are getting baggie.:clap2:

I hope everyone is doing well.

Joe

Your doing so good! Happy Anniversary! WOW!

I was banded in January 17 of 2004 I want to be on the list...PLEEEEASE???

Thanks bunches

I've tried 3 times to add you to the list, but when I go back and hit edit, it closes me out and knocks me off the internet. I know they are enhancing this site, so maybe it is a glitch that is still being worked out. Consider yourself a member of our team, when the system is back up and running and all the glitches are worked out, I'll add you to the list. You will be on the first page, look under my name and you'll see the list. Hopefully I can update it later today or tomorrow. Welcome!

Hi Kellie!

Sheri

Sheri, I have had a difficult time finding a fill doctor since I got my band in Mexico. But finally I found someone 1hr away. I was losing on my own until the end of March, but since then just will power to maintain the loss!

Girls & Guys - just an FYI, getting up at 5 am to exercise is not fun. lol. I'm so tired these days, I must get some sleep tonight!

Side note, I had to share a NSV - Or maybe its a scale victory. Anyhow, I went to my daughters parent teachers conferences, and one of her teachers came up to me and said "wow, I hate to be rude, or I hope i'm not being rude, but have you lost weight?" - this teacher has only seen me twice, and I felt good that she noticed. Anyhow, just went I start to feel down about my weight, I get a compliment that brings me back up on cloud 9.

I have a question - have you guys noticed werid noises coming from your throat area? I am having all kinds of gurgle noises, weird. It doesn't happen all the time, but it woke me up last night doing it. I haven't had heart burn or anything, just weird noises coming from the inside......

Girls & Guys - just an FYI, getting up at 5 am to exercise is not fun. lol. I'm so tired these days, I must get some sleep tonight!

Side note, I had to share a NSV - Or maybe its a scale victory. Anyhow, I went to my daughters parent teachers conferences, and one of her teachers came up to me and said "wow, I hate to be rude, or I hope i'm not being rude, but have you lost weight?" - this teacher has only seen me twice, and I felt good that she noticed. Anyhow, just went I start to feel down about my weight, I get a compliment that brings me back up on cloud 9.

I have a question - have you guys noticed werid noises coming from your throat area? I am having all kinds of gurgle noises, weird. It doesn't happen all the time, but it woke me up last night doing it. I haven't had heart burn or anything, just weird noises coming from the inside......

Congrats Sunshine2, I don't see how you get up that early! I hear noises coming from my stomach, but not my throat area.

Be blessed!

Hi Tonya- What a great NSV! That must have made you feel so good-how wonderful! I went into my doctors office today and the medical assistant looked at me and told me that I definetly looked slimmer. She last saw me in February-about 3 weeks after I was banded. It made me feel good. I go for my nd fill tomorrow-I can't wait-Gigi:)

Yes, all the time! It's so embarrassing. Sometimes I gurgle after every sip of liquid! I work in the EEG lab at work, and we keep it pretty quiet during the tests so the patients can relax. My coworker and I were trying to be quiet but laughing our behinds off because every time I took a sip of Water my throat would go gurgle gurgle gurgle. Wierd!

Mine hasn't woken me up yet though!

Maria

Gotta share my nsv of sorts!! Was sitting at two of my boys' ball practice and another mom walked up to me. She started out by apologizing for not saying hello to me during the last practice.....said she didn't realize it was me until her husband later that night said something about "Lisa sure has lost a lot of weight" then she realized it was me!!!!!!

Joe.....you rock!! that's a lot of losing!! I'm jealous but not disappointed in my own weight loss. Dr. said today I've lost 53 pounds in 4 months (my scales show 44), wanted to average 10 pounds a month for the first year so I'm ahead of schedule. Do you have a goal for the end of each month/year or are you just going for it?