Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Bandsters???

Seems like a lifetime when I don't post here for a few days. I wrote the following and shared it on a different post. You are all the greatest support. Thank you...

When I first heard about the band, I was amazed that I could possibly 'finally' loose the weight. Without Gastric Bypass

Now that I'm banded, I'm amazed at the following:

6 weeks and 20 pounds gone

5 inches off my hips

2 off my waist

4 off my bust

Just 6 weeks, and my boyfriends friends noticed yesterday..."Wow..you look great! Wish you'd teach my wife how to loose weight!" (mean, I know...but was a backhanded compliment of sorts). He said he saw me from the profile and couldn't believe it! Called me 'slim'...far from it - but it felt OH SO GOOD!

I can fit into clothes from a few years ago - that I tucked away for 'when I loose the weight'. Well...I'm loosing it. I NEVER fit into the 'someday' clothes again.

I have bought some clothes in size 14/16 - so I'll have something to wear in the fall. $10 rule; anything under $10 and two sizes smaller is SAFE. Whoops!...the blouses I can get into NOW!

I am VERY aware of what I eat. Minimally processed, high Protein, low carb - which has always made me feel better.

I was dancing around the house tonight. Just dancing. Good mood...nah - just more energy.

I am amazed that TWO chicken strips, and 4 potatoe fries - FILLED ME for dinner last night (me????) I normally could eat 8 chicken strips.

AMAZED that I'm not eating at night. No urges to get up for any midnight snack. (though I do admit to my chocolate craving being satisfied!)

As a matter of fact - I'm totally freaked out that I am satisfied - never feel 'FULL'. Whole different animal. Truly something that has to be experienced to be understood.

I'm amazed that I went out Friday night, ordered my first glass of wine, and sipped it for nearly an hour!!! ONE glass of wine - 60 minutes THIS coming from a girl who's cats are named Martini and Cosmopolitan! AND...I passed on the glass of wine yesterday. Why??? In my head I thought; "Empty Calories, unneeded sugar...don't bother"! HA!!!!

I am amazed that even "I" can tell that I'm loosing my old shell. I see my face looking different. My entire puffiness is gone. I've got my hourglass back!!!

I know that I have a long journey ahead, alot more weight to loose. I have my 6 week check up on Thursday, and then perhaps we'll discuss my first fill. I know once that happens...I'll be learning to eat all over again. What I eat now, what I tolerate now - will not be - once I start getting fill restrictions.

Doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I am now leading a life, that daily...is amazing me.

:)

<!-- / message -->

:clap2: :clap2: Wow!! I could not have said it better!!! isn't it amazing! this has been ONE OF THE BEST decisions I've made in my life!!! Congratulations on your wonderful success!!! :clap2: :clap2:

Wow - everyone is doing great.

My first fill was 6 days ago, and it seems that it has gotten tighter. Its not too tight, but I notice it is tighter.

I weighed in this morning and I am now at 201.8, getting so close to the 199 mark and I'm so excited! I try and workout 2 times a day (cardio), but sometimes only make it 1. And sometimes, I'm able to get in 3 cardio sessions. I'm ready to start some strength training, but my doctor still won't let me!

Anyhow, time to go change my ticker..........everyone have a great day!

Sunshine

You are inspiring! What a great success you are having...I was 203 this a.m. I'll be following to 199 in your wake! My first fill was 4 days ago. Feeling the difference... hope it stays. You're exercise schedule is amazing. You are creating such a terrific role model.

Thanks for posting. Love reading you.

Kim :kiss2:

223ps/217s/203t/135g

banded 1/30/07

first fill 03/09/07 1 cc.

Sherilynn - DITTO girlfriend! Your doing great! I have bought a few things too "on clearance" for "when I lose weight".

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of moving and training for a new job so my time here will be less and less. I had to reschedule my fill AGAIN for March 16th. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep up the good work!

Sherilynn;

OMG! This is what life should be all about, feel good about yourself and proud of how you look and woohoo.

Doesn't being healthy give a whole new aspect of being happy? Isn't it wierd?

I am at the weight I was (for about one week) 5 years ago, and inside I am jumping up and down and being incredibly gitty! On the outside I am non chalantly saying no big deal.

I can't wait until I can lose another 20 pounds and then BAM in your face to someone who doubted my ability.

Hey guys, just checking in. I wasn't feeling well on Friday and I woke up with a horrible fever!! I called into work, they told me I had to come in. I get to work, to show them how "well" I'm feeling, another girl asks for Sunday off to go to a St. Patrick's Day parade, she gets Sunday off, but I don't. I got extremely dehydrated, called my surgeon he told me to go to the ER that he's based out of. So at 10pm I roll up there, they give me 2L of saline and anti-nausea medication (not 2L), I get out of the hospital at 3AM. Go back to work at 11AM, beg my boss (who hates me ever since I had this surgery) to go home, she says no, so I left work at 6PM, was asleep by 7pm and called out of school yesterday. I feel better today, just a bad head cold but I didn't eat since Friday and today is my first day of food. I don't know if I lost weight but the flu SUCKED!

Hey everyone! It's been a minute, but I'm checking in. I'm doing okay. I guess I could be doing better. I've taken to being a little lazy on the weekends (meaning, I'm not exactly watching what I eat....but I'm not going overboard either.)

I realized last weekend that I have to do better, and then I fell into my one meal a day habit on Sunday. The choir I'm responsible for had a musical and I was running like a chicken with my head cut off...when I realized I hadn't had ANY Water all day, and only one meal of handful of lettuce and two chicken wings....and it was already 7pm. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I immediately corrected that, but I didn't get anywhere near my 64 oz of water for the day, and I ate another small meal.

I will say that it definitely broke my mini plateau. All of the running that day, I doubt the not eating had an effect. Since my fill on 2/26 I immediately dropped 5 lbs, then another one for a toal of 6lbs. From that moment on, I've been in a fight with 3 lbs. I go up, I come down, I go up, I come down. Well this Monday, after being up on Friday (and a quick peek on Sunday morning), I dropped 4lbs. It's not official, though. My official weigh in isn't until Friday. Here's hoping it stays off, and a few more lbs with it. :)

How's everyone else doing?

Hi everyone

I just had my first fill @ 2pm today. I had a flouro fill. It didn't hurt just the needle just stung. I feel restriction Yeah!!!! I was full and still feel full after drinking 16oz of Water. I have a 4cc band and he filled it 1.8cc.

Hey all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm in the process of moving and training for a new job so my time here will be less and less. I had to reschedule my fill AGAIN for March 16th. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep up the good work!

Jeanette - when you be in OKlahoma? I'll PM you.

Hey guys, just checking in. I wasn't feeling well on Friday and I woke up with a horrible fever!! I called into work, they told me I had to come in. I get to work, to show them how "well" I'm feeling, another girl asks for Sunday off to go to a St. Patrick's Day parade, she gets Sunday off, but I don't. I got extremely dehydrated, called my surgeon he told me to go to the ER that he's based out of. So at 10pm I roll up there, they give me 2L of saline and anti-nausea medication (not 2L), I get out of the hospital at 3AM. Go back to work at 11AM, beg my boss (who hates me ever since I had this surgery) to go home, she says no, so I left work at 6PM, was asleep by 7pm and called out of school yesterday. I feel better today, just a bad head cold but I didn't eat since Friday and today is my first day of food. I don't know if I lost weight but the flu SUCKED!

Man, those damn employers - sometims boss' suck! So glad your doing a bit better - sounds like you should start looking for another job, then leave them high and dry!

Hi everyone

I just had my first fill @ 2pm today. I had a flouro fill. It didn't hurt just the needle just stung. I feel restriction Yeah!!!! I was full and still feel full after drinking 16oz of Water. I have a 4cc band and he filled it 1.8cc.

Yes, isn't it a great feeling! I love the no hunger feeling - I hope it last forever.

Hey everyone! It's been a minute, but I'm checking in. I'm doing okay. I guess I could be doing better. I've taken to being a little lazy on the weekends (meaning, I'm not exactly watching what I eat....but I'm not going overboard either.)

I realized last weekend that I have to do better, and then I fell into my one meal a day habit on Sunday. The choir I'm responsible for had a musical and I was running like a chicken with my head cut off...when I realized I hadn't had ANY Water all day, and only one meal of handful of lettuce and two chicken wings....and it was already 7pm. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I immediately corrected that, but I didn't get anywhere near my 64 oz of water for the day, and I ate another small meal.

I will say that it definitely broke my mini plateau. All of the running that day, I doubt the not eating had an effect. Since my fill on 2/26 I immediately dropped 5 lbs, then another one for a toal of 6lbs. From that moment on, I've been in a fight with 3 lbs. I go up, I come down, I go up, I come down. Well this Monday, after being up on Friday (and a quick peek on Sunday morning), I dropped 4lbs. It's not official, though. My official weigh in isn't until Friday. Here's hoping it stays off, and a few more lbs with it. :)

How's everyone else doing?

Chris,

Take time for yourself - your worth it. I know how it goes, busy busy busy, I try and just carry a water bottle with me EVERYWHERE, I keep on in my purse at all times, this helps me in getting my water in - Also, I have portable Protein Bars handy to eat, that way I've got something quick and semi healthy to eat if I'm out and about.

I can't wait to see what your results are on Friday!

Sherilynn;

OMG! This is what life should be all about, feel good about yourself and proud of how you look and woohoo.

Doesn't being healthy give a whole new aspect of being happy? Isn't it wierd?

I am at the weight I was (for about one week) 5 years ago, and inside I am jumping up and down and being incredibly gitty! On the outside I am non chalantly saying no big deal.

I can't wait until I can lose another 20 pounds and then BAM in your face to someone who doubted my ability.

I'm jumping up and down too with you - that is so great! I'm happy for you!

Your right being healthy does make you happy! Congrats on your success so far, and I look forward to seeing more of your success in the near future!

I get fill #2 tomorrow. All stocked up on liquids. I hope I get some solid restriction with this one. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah... NSV today! I walked up the stairs to my profs office on the third floor at school today.... withOUT huffing and puffing! I used to have to stop at the top landing and catch my breath. I wasn't even able to talk right away before. Today I walked right up and even met a friend at the top and had no trouble talking. Whee! It's the little things that really make a difference.

Sherilynn - DITTO girlfriend! Your doing great! I have bought a few things too "on clearance" for "when I lose weight".

Learn from my 'mistake'...don't let too much time pass by without trying them on! You just might be surprised how quickly you get into them!