Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what is the best birth control method

I'm on seasonelle. I take for three months straight and then have a period. I'm almost 2 mo post op and its been working as it should (no break through bleeding to indicate the pill isn't being absorbed) HOWEVER...I do not play with fire, therefore we use condoms as back ups. DH has his consult for the BIG V next fri.

I have PCOS and used the pills to keep my periods lighter and regular and may continue them until more weight comes off.

It was suppose to be a joke...I guess a bad one...sorry

No it wasn't!! Abstinence is the best birth control and it is funny :P

I was going to say the same thing hehe

I have has implanon for 6 yrs had no period on it till I had my surgery now I have it monthly. I get my new implant in a month hopefully they stop. As for the pain it's the same as having a mole removed. The lidocaine burns that's it. Lets just say I had my last one put in during my lunch break at work, I work as a nurse in a hospital.

The best birth control is laughter. When he takes his clothes off' date=' point at Mr. Happy and laugh![/quote']

Lol. He would kill me. We was trying to have a baby but I when for the sleeve first. Then latter down the road. But I have psidotumer celebrI I been reading. Some female have this because some birth control methods.

Gman slowly backs out. Looks like a dangerous neighborhood. :o

Lol.

I'm on implanon' date=' it's a small rod the doctor inserts into your upper inner arm. It lasts for 3 years but you can get it out whenever you want. I am almost up to my 5th year on implanon (had it changed once) and haven't had many problems. The only think that bothers me is that I have really irregular periods. Sometimes I don't have them for up to a year, sometimes I'll have them off and on for 2 months.

I have pcos too, that didn't affect my choice of contraception though[/quote']

Thanks. I will ask, never heard of the procedure

I'm on seasonelle. I take for three months straight and then have a period. I'm almost 2 mo post op and its been working as it should (no break through bleeding to indicate the pill isn't being absorbed) HOWEVER...I do not play with fire' date=' therefore we use condoms as back ups. DH has his consult for the BIG V next fri.

I have PCOS and used the pills to keep my periods lighter and regular and may continue them until more weight comes off.[/quote']

I'm think I'm going for this option. But again some pill make girls gain some weight

I'm currently working on a project at my university to spread contraceptive awareness. Of course, if you don't want to take any BC a condom is best. Here is a very informative chart about all of the different options that are out there. There's the ring, the shot, the rod, the patch, pills, seasonique, etc.

http://www.ashastd.org/uploads/pdfs/ContraceptiveOptions.pdf

I have PCOS, and I hate taking pills as it is because I'm forgetful, so the shot or the ring is the best option for me. Talk to your gyno about these options. I wouldn't suggest an IUD unless it's covered by insurance, because if you want to have children, you'd need to get it removed, and it'd just be a waste of money.

I've been on paragard and I love it! It can last for up to ten years, it's inserted once so you don't have to change it out! I chose it cause i can not remember to Take a pill everyday! It's non hormonal so there are no side affects! It works great for me, I hope you find what best fits you!

I meant to say copper IUD. I would love something that has no hormones!

Yes, especially for we heavier ladies hormonal birth control is risky, especially the NuvaRing. At the pharmacy I used to work at before nursing school we had all but stopped selling the NuvaRing because doctors are not writing for it any more, for some reason it carries the highest risk of embolism.

I am a firm believer that doctors need to do more to educate on the risks. But thats just me, the heavier you are in addition to taking the hormonal birth control the higher the risk.

Look into the ParaGuard copper IUD. It's one of THE MOST effective methods of birth control with no hormonal interference. There are so many women who have all kinds of hormonal issues and have been taking BC for years so they don't even know how they really feel without those hormones getting pumped in daily.

Vasectomy! We already have 3 kids so I'm so happy DH was snipped in August and was shooting blanks by November. But since you are planning on having kids in the future I would go with a IUD.

I've been on paragard and I love it! It can last for up to ten years' date=' it's inserted once so you don't have to change it out! I chose it cause i can not remember to Take a pill everyday! It's non hormonal so there are no side affects! It works great for me, I hope you find what best fits you![/quote']

This is the one I would love to have. Back 30 years ago my mom had and said she bled for months. That's why I'm scared. Did you bleed and have a lot of cramps at first?

Yes' date=' especially for we heavier ladies hormonal birth control is risky, especially the NuvaRing. At the pharmacy I used to work at before nursing school we had all but stopped selling the NuvaRing because doctors are not writing for it any more, for some reason it carries the highest risk of embolism.

I am a firm believer that doctors need to do more to educate on the risks. But thats just me, the heavier you are in addition to taking the hormonal birth control the higher the risk.

Look into the ParaGuard copper IUD. It's one of THE MOST effective methods of birth control with no hormonal interference. There are so many women who have all kinds of hormonal issues and have been taking BC for years so they don't even know how they really feel without those hormones getting pumped in daily.[/quote']

Thanks! This is helping me lean more towards this. DH has issues with condoms so that's out of the question. Plus, who wants to wear a condom?!

This is the one I would love to have. Back 30 years ago my mom had and said she bled for months. That's why I'm scared. Did you bleed and have a lot of cramps at first?

I did not have heavy bleeding! The first time you get your period after insertion it is heavy and last a little longer than normal. But that is normal for the first one! Also you will experience cramping the day that you get it and maybe the day after just because your body is adjusting. My doctor gave me a low dose of pain med.

I will say that the little bleeding and cramping is well worth, not taking a pill daily, condoms, pulling out, monthly shots, Patches etc!

This might be Tmi but I've had it for about 2 years and my boyfriend and I relied 100% on paragard using no prevention method and I was never a day late!

IUDs are not what they used to be. There are lots of horror stories from back in the day, but you have to remember they are a completely different beast now.

When I had the placement I will not lie to you, it took my breath away for about.... 15 seconds. After the doctor was done the rest of the afternoon I had pretty heavy bleeding for the evening and I was moderately crampy.

After that, I finished out the period like normal and have been fine ever since. Some people do have that first period sort of prolonged but nothing serious or major.