Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The downside of being banded.

So the down side is i look like a slob /sloth.

I,m recently banded and have about 7 kg / 15lbs to reach my goal which should be just as Christmas arrives. The problem is i dont want to buy new clothes just yet because they wont fit " nice " after i reach my goal BUT , my current clothes just hang off me like a sack.

Am i " cheap " or are we all in the same boat at one stage or another.

Sad Sack.:(

We're all in the same boat at one point or another. You aren't cheap..you're frugal.

I have lost about 74 lbs and have bought a few things along the way just to get me by. I buy tops that can be worn for awhile that will look ok kind of snug, but will look ok too if they are a little loose. I try to buy pants with a little lycra in them so they are a little stretchy and a little snug so they last longer too.

I buy just enough to keep me looking ok at work (but I'm sure they are getting tired of seeing the same stuff all the time). I also buy at the discount stores to keep the price down.

Besides when you buy clothes that fit and you look good, you will feel amazing!!!

Hang in there...and stop being a Sad Sack!!!!!!

Yep, I'm looking more like a bag lady every day. The feel of loose clothing is a whole new concept to me!

I bought a blouse last week that is much shorter and more form fitting than I have ever worn. I asked my DH's opinion on it and he said, "It looks better than those tents hanging to your knees that you've been wearing." I took that as an affirmative....I may buy another one next week!!

I've rely heavily on thrift shops, garage sales, etc. for my in-between wardrobe. You can find some really good stuff and you won't feel guilty for only wearing it a month or two.

Yep same boat but I do go to a store every month and try things on. If I find a blouse that looks perfect on me and it's on sale. I buy it.

It will be a while before I have this problem. I have a huge closet full of several sizes. I will be close to goal before I have to buy much. I am sure some of it is considered "out of style" but I am not much of a fashion queen, so I am not really concerned about that part.

Just keep watching the sales and clearances. You can find something inexpensive enough to get you by. This is definately a problem worth having.

:-)

Boy I wish I had your problem;)

I saw a show, forget which one, where they had a fashion person talking about this very thing.

Her suggestion as to buy lighter shirts on the snug side of where you are currrently then buy something very fashionable to wear over it. She suggested those long button sweaters, almost like a coat. She said that way it covers that your shirt is a big snug yet the sweater can last through a couple of sizes.

As for pants, good luck, I guess I would say buy elastic waist on the snug side too.

Good luck, we should all be so lucky to have this problem.!!!! Good for you:clap2:

btw- I agree with above - when your clothes are too big it makes you look bigger. show off that new body!!!

I have enough sizes in my closet to get me through anything, but as I lose weight, I know I'll want to Celebrate with a few new things. Will probably rely on Walmart for awhile. It's a great problem to have!

If you have a Kohl's dept store in your area they are constantly having big sales even on current season's clothes. Mine had an 80% off sale the other day and I got a bunch of stuff for almost nothing.

Happy shopping!!

WOW, your all very different from me every size I gain or lose in my life I AM SHOPPING! I love clothes and I love to shop! I have to admit my 16's right now are looking better than 18's. In fact I just went out yesterday to MACY*S one day sales and purchased 3 tops for the upcoming holidays. I want to look my best! I thinks its just a part of who I am.

But you know what I like - being able to take my pants off at the end of the day without unbuttoning them! They just slide right off. That's a thrill for me!

Like many of you I have several sizes in my close so it's like getting new clothes without the expense.

I have done the same thing. I have not bought anything. About 2 years ago I found the cutest pair of capris at Old Navy, they were on sale but were about 3 sizes to small, they were only like 5 bucks so I got them, now that is the only thing I own that fit. Size 18. They were kinda my dream pants or something. (Dreaming of when I would fit into them. They are a little tight but only because I wear really baggy clothes anyway. They fit to the average person. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT IT IS WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I wear those out people will think I am nutz O. So, I am waiting until I can not wear my clothes at all. Yes I can slide them off without unbuttoning but when they are falling off I will get something else to wear.

Thrift and consignment stores have become my new best friends, along with E-Bay. When you go thru 5 or 6 sizes on your weight loss journey, it can get expensive. I bought a gorgeous royal purple blazer the other day, 100% wool and in perfect condition, for $5.00.

I too love the thrift store in my area. The girls there say I am renting my clothes. I buy them, wear them for a few months and then donate them back to the same place. It's good for the tax credit and I get new clothes for each size. I have come across some really nice things there, my fave jeans are from the resale shop, $3. WooHoo!! When I get to goal, I want to be on What Not to Wear, then I can get all new clothes. ~Mandy