Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for as long as I can remember. I received my surgery date last Friday of March 1st. And since then it's been like one constant anxiety attack. I feel sick to my stomach. I was so excited before and couldn't wait for my date, and now I'm so blah. :(Has anyone else had to deal with high anxiety before surgery?

YES! Everyday and they continued after the surgery. My dr put me on Xanax to help me through them. I don't know how I could make it without them right now!

I am 25 days post op!

YES! Everyday and they continued after the surgery. My dr put me on Xanax to help me through them. I don't know how I could make it without them right now!

I am 25 days post op!

Congrats!! How has your recovery been going? I've been on Xanax for years, they definitely help when I'm super overwhelmed. I've been watching some YouTube videos of Before and Afters to try and stay excited!

I have been struggling with liquid & food intake issues and the head hunger! It does seem to get a little easier each day! I am told by week 4 things are much better! Week 4 is this Saturday! I am expecting lots of changes that day LOL :D

I've suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for as long as I can remember. I received my surgery date last Friday of March 1st. And since then it's been like one constant anxiety attack. I feel sick to my stomach. I was so excited before and couldn't wait for my date, and now I'm so blah. :(Has anyone else had to deal with high anxiety before surgery?

Yes I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks as well. My surgery is march 1st too! My doctor is requiring me to go off of my anxiety medication for at least 3 days prior to surgery. I am very scared as I know I am going to be so nervous about the surgery and with no meds it's going to be so much worse! I have slowly been decreasing my medication in prep for going off of it and teaching myself deep breathing and relaxation techniques. I have had extreme highs and lows emotionally regarding booking my surgery it's been like a roller coaster. I have found through the more information I can find and read about the procedure the less anxiety I have :)

We will do great Sleeve Sister!

Nikki

I felt alot of anxiety after the surgery but it came and went. You'll be fine! Be tough!

Yes I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks as well. My surgery is march 1st too! My doctor is requiring me to go off of my anxiety medication for at least 3 days prior to surgery. I am very scared as I know I am going to be so nervous about the surgery and with no meds it's going to be so much worse! I have slowly been decreasing my medication in prep for going off of it and teaching myself deep breathing and relaxation techniques. I have had extreme highs and lows emotionally regarding booking my surgery it's been like a roller coaster. I have found through the more information I can find and read about the procedure the less anxiety I have :)

We will do great Sleeve Sister!

Nikki

Yay for March 1st! 2 weeks to go! My doctor didn't mention me going off my Xanax prior to surgery, however I have some pre op testing next Friday so I'll double check with him then. The past few days I've been super anxious, I think starting the pre op diet today made it feel more real to me. I'm trying to stay positive, I know this is going to be life changing in a good way! We can do this!! xoxo

I felt alot of anxiety after the surgery but it came and went. You'll be fine! Be tough!

Thanks!! I'm trying!!

I actually just wrote something like this I'm very nervous as well!

Hey lady, when is your surgery? Try looking at before and after pictures or youtube videos. I know it sounds weird but it's really helped me! It helps me go from nervous/anxious to excited for my transformation!

My surgery is this Tuesday and I wish I had thought to ask for some anxiety medicine to help me out. I thought I was nervous before, but these few days are they worst and I can't even imagine what I'm going to be like the night before. I keep reading all the good experiences people have had. Some posters said to me, "Don't let this temporary uncomfortableness sway you. This is just a few days of stress. Surgery is going to change your life forever." And I'm really holding on to that. I'm also really trying to keep myself distracted. Lots of prayers to you!!