Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

The next TXARKA meeting is on the 14th. Man am I stressed, I had to leave work early today and get Gus to the doc. He has the beginning of pneumonia and I'm glad I took him. Doc said he should be feeling better by Wednesday, if not bring him back in.

I'm so stressed I can hardly get liquids to go down today! Geez!

Shannon, sorry you are so stressed. I know what that means. I'm dealing with that myself. lol Hope Gus gets to feeling better soon. That's hard on a little guy to be sick and it so warm outside.

Glo.... I guess the diet is ok. It sounds like a sensable diet to me. Really, it's kinda just getting back to the basics. And I think it's mostly for bypass patients, but it might work fine for us too. I might just try it myself. Of course the liquid phase is not gonna fun.

ljg

The recipes look good. I might try some of them. NOT. I try my best not to cook.

I jogged and walked for lunch. At home I walked and stayed outside. I don't remember slimfast being so sweet. It is soooo sweet until I don't want anything that resembles sugar in any form. Now mind you this is today, tomorrow I could be tripping. I'm not even hungry. I'm getting my Water in too. Look, I don't mean to be tooting my horn, but I am proud of myself. I feel like I might can do this. I also talked to God and asked for a lot of help with this. Sorry if I'm getting on anyone's nerve. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow because of rain, I guess I'll have to improvise.

You can do it Glo! Don't worry bout tooting your own horn. That is what this is all about. The down side and the up side. Hills and valleys. You know bout those. I think I'm half way up the mountain. lol

lisa

Thanks Lisa.

Great for your success as well. Climbing toward the mountains is great, it's just down in the valleys that suck.

Lisa, when I saw you the first time you looked great and the last time I saw you, you were looking even greater. I know my grammer sucks.:thumbs_up:

Susan, I know that you are doing great. I haven't seen you in a while. Maybe when it gets warm I'll come back to a mtg with LouAnn and we can talk.

I know Lisa, Stay in the box.

lisa, how high's the Water? ?? can the buses run for rivercrest?? man it has rained all nite i bet we have got at least 3-4" during the nite. well i guess i better go get my feathers and web feet so i can go to work LOL glo are getting wet?? and batten down the hatches up there in texarkana it is coming your way !!!

Oh, My gosh, Lisa and Susan, I just looked at your weight loss and how many (less) you both have to go. Congratulations:thumbup:

Susan, I had the boat ready so I could get to school, but wouldn't you know it, the rain stopped, but not before it made our backyard a pond.

Sun is sort of shining here in Daingerfield now. I think that they said that the rain would be back.

Lisa, my box floated away also. After school, I'll shopping for another one, but in the meantime I'm drinking my slimfast. I really forgot how much I hate that drink, but the memories are coming back, arrgh!!!!!!!!

I have a friend that has a 5" rain gauge and she said it was running over this morning. There is Water over the road in many places, and two underpasses were closed this a.m., early. When I left to go to town this morning about 7:00 it was pouring, couldn't tell the difference where the road started and the ditch ended. The weatherman says it is supposed to be worse tomorrow! Better get the oars out. We can't hold any more water here in Arkansas. Take care and be careful.

Lo2us, how's little Gus? I know you are exhausted, no fun having a sick toddler. Hope he gets better quickly.

Sugarbear, I heard that you all got a lot of rain. Arkansas has really had some awful weather lately as well as Oklahoma. We have truly been blessed here in East Tx. I like your snail,it seems appropriate for me and my weight loss. :rolleyes:

Lo2us, hope your son feels better soon. :redface:

Edited by gloharmar

Our rain gauge said 4" this morning. The bus Tanner would be riding, (if he were riding) drowned out down the road from us. We were kinda trapped for a while. Randy said the spot where the bus drowned out was VERY deep. He went across about 5 this morning. Up the road from our house, the Water was over the road in three places. It's about 1 1/2 miles to the FM road to town. Tanner had an appointment with his optometrist this morning at 8:30, so we were playing in the water. I sometimes wish I had a 4 wheel drive truck when it does this stuff. Sure would feel much safer in it rather than that little Malibu I have. lol Oh, and my dirt pile..... not a pretty site this morning. lol It's spread out in places I didn't want it to be. I guess that's were it needs to be anyway. Water runs to the low spots anyway.

My box floated down river. If yall find it in Texarkana, please send it back. I need it in the worse way. It was getting holes in it but it did help some. I think I'm gonna ask for a slight unfill when I go back. I'm not losing. Before I went back to this last time I had lost pretty well. Of course I always gain some before I go back. (I wonder why that is?) THAT 6 POUNDS IS NOT GOING AWAY. I WANT A NEW BOX! Never mind about sending the old one back.

Sugar B...... three??? What are you doing? Are you cutting the old ones out of your signature? Sooner or later, you won't be able to get another ticker in your signature. It will only allow so many lines, unless they have changed it. Oh well, we can keep up with your progress that way. Go, sugarb!

Shannon, how's Gus?

Yall take care and try not to float away in your boxes today.

Lisa

Oh, and I have something to say......... There was a woman called me the other night and ask me about going to a support group meeting in Mt. Pleasant. She is ready to get her band and needs information. She has already gotten all her stuff ready and is ready to file on her insurance....... GUESS WHAT I HAD TO TELL HER?????????

After you reach your one yr anniversary band date, how often are you scheduled a fill? Will it still be on a 6 week basic?