Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Ahhh...I can't believe I've been suffering through 3 too tight fills and didn't realize it. They took out half my fill and I feel LOADS better. I still have some restricition, and I'm sure it will get a little tighter in the next couple of days, but I can eat a little and drink a little now. Geez that hurt bad this morning. Y'all try not to get any pills or anything else stuck in your band, it was awful pain...more than right after surgery! I will make sure they give me tiny little fills from here on out. Dr. K said that since I had lost 6lbs in 4 days, that was a good indicator that I need a little unfill. I'm so thirsty this evening from not drinking enought the past two days too. I feel much better now that I've had some yogurt and an avacado for supper and I'm looking forward to lots of H2O!

I would have posted sooner, but I had to have a visit with Santa after the doc's office to tell him about the good little boy at our house!

Glad you are feeling better, Shannon. That ticker is looking mighty fine!

Yes, I have to go back and talk to Santa myself. It seems that Santa will not be bringing the "most requested item" this year. He can't find one anywhere. So..... a substitution will have to be made. Yes, we are talking about a Nintendo Wii. Santa needs to spank some elves for not looking sooner, I guess. We have seen Wii's only ONCE this past year. That was in June. I guess we should have gotten one then. Hind sight is 20/20.

I feel yucky this morning after having two teeth pulled yesterday, so I guess I will be drinking SLIME Fast today. Don't that sound like fun?

Yall have a good day and "Stay in that box!"

lisa

I am better today. I have been very sore. Turns out that I had a gigantic tear in my diaphragm. Dr. Hekier even took a picture of it. Looks bad. I can tell that the hernia repair is taking longer than the lapband to get better. Then there is the gas........... I have walked and walked because this has been a problem for some time with the hernia. I got upset last night and chewed on a tums. A few seconds and it was releived. They said to use the gasx strips but this did work better. What do you guys think. Also, did the area where the port is located seem very sore?

Already lost 6 lbs.:clap2:

My port stayed sore, and never has become "unsore." I know the gas gets olds, but just hang in there. I got frustrated when I didn't start feeling better after about four days, but just make yourself walk. You'll wake up one morning and feel pretty darn good in the next few days.

Lo2us, glad you got some relief. I guess Gus gave Santa an earfull. lol. Bet he gets a load of toys. Poor thing, bet he doesn't have hardly a toy in the closet now.

Shame on those elves that didn't get a wii after they came in AFTER Xmas last year! Pooooooooor Tanner.

Grandson just told his Poppa he wanted a Power Ranger Rescue Mission vehicle, not one in sight. Oh welllllll.

Mylap1...so glad to hear from you. Hang in there...it get's better every day after the third or fourth day. Just keep moving as much as possible. The movement helps break those big gas bubbles down to little ones, and then they dissapate. If the tums are helping, keep them going. One day soon you'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about. Take care and keep close to the post-op diet. Get in all the Protein you can, it helps the hungries. hot chocolate is good if you like it. (SF). Keep us posted.

Guess what I got today at lunch? Yep, the littlest elf didn't stop working. I got the tenth out of fourteen Wii's that were delivered. Yay little elf! Well, maybe little--er elf. Smaller than last year anyway. lol

Mylap.... the port area will most likely stay sore for several weeks. There is a lot of manipulation in that area, plus the port is sutured to the abdominal muscles. Mine was sore for a while. Sometimes I will squish it against the counter (I'm kinda short) and make it sore again. But you will get used to it. As for the gas.....walking is the best thing. Warm baths, not showers, not showers will help too. Anything you can get down to help disapate it will help. Just be careful and chew very well. You are NOT supposed to have solid foods yet as the band is not seated in place yet.

Yall be sweet! Talk to yall later.

lisa

Skim Milk is my best friend right now. I always used 2% and turning to skim did not make a big difference. I try not to drink it cold. I am wondering when you can drink something cold? I am having sugar free or diet hot chocolate first thing in the morning, cream Soups at lunch and supper and a little bit of applesauce. Lot of Water. Is sugar free koolaid okay? I have some grape juice also. I have been drinking Dasani flavored water too. It is not carbonated. broth makes me nauseated and I don't know why but I am staying away from it. I got some carnation instant Breakfast yesterday to help with the protien. I ordered the shakes and Vitamins but have not received anything yet. I guess because of Christmas. Maybe sometime this week.

I weighed yesterday and have lost 5 pounds since surgery with a total of 14 pounds since the pre-op diet.

mylap1, all that stuff is great. Even the sugar free koolaid. Just watch the sugar content in each of them and you will be fine. I didn't like the broth myself. I went straight for the chicken noodle Soup WITHOUT the noodles and chicken. That tastes way better than plain ole broth.

lisa

Ho, ho, ho! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Are yall feeling the Christmas spirit yet? Second grade Christmas party today. I'm really feeling the spirit. lol I'm really looking forward to bringing home a sugar-filled, hyped up little boy. ;) I guess I'd better git in the spirit! lol

Yall stay in the box today!

lisa

Merry Christmas !!

I fell out of the box today, I will do better tomorrow !

Stay safe.

Lisa, hope your mouth is feeling better. Lo2us, how is everything going down now that you are back to regular food?

Mylap1 even the cream Soups may need to be thinned. Unless the post op diet has changed. Take it easy until things"seat" or sometimes referred to as "scar" in place and heal. The diet isn't much fun but it doesn't last forever. Believe me, I was a weenie! Several her had to encourage me daily. Take care.

Is everyone ready for Xmas? I am going to have to work hard on organizing the house the next couple of days. Shampooing carpet tomorrow. UGGGH!

I just want yall to know..... I am REALLY tight this morning. Breakfast was three bites. Not worried bout it. Just tight. It's been three months since I had a fill. TA DA....sweet spot. lol I hope it lasts thru Christmas.

Sugarbear... the mouth is better this morning. But I still have one that could pose a threat. I'm hoping it will be ok until I have a regular appointment. (in FEB!!) You be careful shampooing that carpet. That leg is still tender, remember? Don't hurt yourself.

Teresa........... get a bigger box! lol :) Just don't climb the sides and you can stay there.

WHERE'S SUUUUSANNNNNNN???? You haven't posted in a while. Maggie keeping you in line? I'll bet she is the size of a miniature horse by now. lol

Yall have a Merry Christmas and try to do your best. Remember, we are not on a diet, just learning how to eat right. Just like Thanksgiving. Portion control! Dang, I'm a good cheerleader! lol :) One bite of sweet stuff. That will cure your cravings. The rest is just calories. BAD calories. bad, bad, bad. Use a small plate. Saucer size, and remember no seconds. I want reports the day after Christmas. lol I'm either a good cheerleader or a drill sargent! lol Yall know I'm just kidding.

Yall be sweet and safe and have a wonderful Christmas!

lisa

lisa leave me alone i'm eating and eating and eating not much restriction after taking the last fill out!!! a little discourageed right now!!!

Susan, next time ask them to only remove a portion of what you were given. You must be just a tweak away from your sweet spot. Have some bad news, one of my banded friends band has slipped. She has lost a 100 pounds or a little more. She was very sick, but she has been unfilled completely in hopes of it going back to the correct position. She was fine after the unfill. They will check it again in 3 weeks and if it hasn't corrected itself they will go back in and correct it.

Wonder where Vlynn is? Was hoping we would here from her since school is out. hmmmmm

Lisa the leg is still healing. He said I will see improvement for about 6 months. Good thing, cause it still needs a lot of improving. Hate to complain since it is sooooooo much better than where I was a 6 weeks ago. I am going to try to get on a walking program after the holidays are over and things get back to normal. I haven't been exercising at all. I guess you have Tanner all set for Christmas? Especially since the little elf came through with the wii. Lucky elf!

Lo2us, how are things going down? Is Gus getting excited?