Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I wish i could figure out why my totals on fills never matched what they said on my chart. I always write it down on my little card after each fill, and I also can do math fairly well, but they never were what the office said. I always showed that I had more in there. I wonder if they don't write down the first fill since they are basically filling up the tubing. By the way, my hubby was the same way, and he has the 10cm and I have the 9.75, so the band size has nothing to do with the math. Maybe Dr. Heiker will respond to this and let us know why the discrepancy in the totals. MIZBOO

Hi Mizboo. Haven't see you on here for a while. Glad you are back! I was just looking at your ticker ! Wow, 90 pounds! That's great! I thought the 9.75 and 10 cm band were the same. I just thought they were rounding it off. I have kept up with the amount of my fills also, but haven't ask them what their total is. I will ask about that next visit. Do you go to the support group meetings? I believe you said you were from my area one time. Anyway sounds like you are doing great. Are you where you want to be now?

Did anyone see today's Texarkana Gazette? It had an article about a Maud Texas couple who had both lost over a 100 lbs.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sharon, there are three different sizes of our particular band. We talked about it much earlier in our little thread. I have a 10cm band. And if I recall, yours is a 10cm band also. I tried to find it this morning, but there are so many pages, that I couldn't read all of them. I've been wondering if we should start a new thread so we wouldn't have to sift thru all that stuff. Anyway, I got confused yesterday when I was told that I only had 2.3. That's what showed on my chart, so I guess that's what I'll have to go by. Believe me, I'm not protesting. In this case, I think LESS IS MORE! Know what I mean?

It would be nice if Dr. Hekier would respond to this. Kinda puzzling. I'm thinking that maybe the port and tubing hold more than we think. It almost has to hold more. My port feels rather large in itself,but I have seen sketches of the inside of the port and it doesn't look to hold alot, but....a sketch isn't like the real thing. That would be a very good question to ask at support group. hummmmmm

Yall have a good nite.

lisa

Hi Everyone, I will have my surgery 8/10. I'm so excited. I will go to Wadley. I just love Mrs. Betty at Precision Surgery and the Dr's are great, too. I'm already fearing the fills. I am very afraid of needles. Will they numb the area if I ask? Does anyone go to the Support Group in Mount Pleasant? That's the one I go to.:)

Hi glorarmar, welcome. Don't worry about needles for the fills. They don't hurt. I suggest getting one without numbing it first. In my opinion, the lidocaine they use to numb the site hurts worse than the fill stick. But, if you ask, they will probably numb it. Think of it this way.... You will be stuck to numb it, then you will be stuck for the fill. That's two sticks! Also congratulations on the date. It's not far off. Have you started your pre-op diet yet? Who's going to be your surgeon?

I go to the Mt. Pleasant meetings. Hippmom attends those also.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, k?

lisa

Thanks, Lisa G

I don't know who my surgeon will be. I go to PS (and Wadley) next Wednesday for all the paperwork. OMG, I don't want TWO needles, LOL.

I think I'll just have the one.:) The pre-op is going okay. I'm Lactose intolerant (sp), I buy the Lactose-free slimfast when I travel, but at home I drink the regular ones and you know how that goes, LOL. Jello is yukie, but I get hungry so I eat that, but is there anything else I can eat beside the salads, jello and slimfast?:help:

This is the pre-op diet Mrs. Betty gave me (and probably everyone else)

3 or 4 Slim Fast Optima

sugar free fat free Jelly (any flavor)

Non-caloric beverages (diet soda, crystal light, sugar free Kool-aid, tea with sweetner, etc.)

Option: 3rd or 4th day

Substitute a small garden salad (only veggies grown out of the ground, i.e. lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, onion, tomatoes) with fat free dressing, for a slim fast.

DRIND PLENTY OF Water.< /p>

Sound like you are doing everything you are supposed to. Hang in there, this is the hard part. You can do it. You just have to be determined.

We are here to help if you need us, k?

lisa

Welcome gloharmar. What Lisa printed is all I did on the pre-op diet. If you can't tolerate the lactose I think they tell you something else you can use. I just think it has to be comparable to the SF Optima. I couldn't do 3 or 4 of them, most days I did two with a salad. If you can have sf Jello I don't know why you couldn't have SF Popcicles. It wasn't on the list so I just stuck to what they said, and wined about it. lol. My support family right on this thread got me through it every day. If you have read back in this thread, end of feb and first of Mar. you will know that I was a weenie. I was banded 3/7/07. Then liquids two weeks after. You won't have to repeat the exact same 2 weeks again. You will get a little differen't flavor in there. Each day, you are one day closer to being a healthier you. Oh, look at the number on the scale...you will never see it again. Hang in there, it all shall pass. Vlynn and Lisa told me that so many times.......and ........it did!! I go to Texarkanna for the meetings.

Lisa, I never go back, I just click on last page. I remember when Dr. H gave me a fill and I ask him how much I was getting, he said he would have to wait until he was through before he could give me the exact amount.

Vlynn, how are you and Billy? Been missing ya!

Sugarbear,

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I do go to the support metings. I have missed 3 in the year since being banded. I am from the Hope area, so it is fairly close for me. I go to T-town 3 times a week now anyway, since I took Colby up on his challenge and went to Minton's and got personal trainer. I am not where I want to be just yet, but I am so much more energetic, and more optomistic than ever that I will get there soon. I origonally(?) set my goal at 150, but I still think I have too much excess body fat to stop there, but any where below 150 will just be icing on the cake. Hope all is well with you, and I need to say that I have had some computer glicks lately, but I never go more than a couple of days without checking out to see how everyone is doing. I don't reply that much but I stll check on everyones progress. See ya next week. MIZBOO

I forgot about the diet soda, but maybe I should forget it forever cause I won't be able to drink it afterward. I was addicted to cola's. I never liked the diets. I am drinking diet green tea,though. I do appreciate all of the support. Hopefully, I can rally the "banders" that will be after me. I do expect great things and so does my husband after all the $$ we've spent on slim fast, etc. LOL. I keep telling him that in the months to come, I'll be a cheap date for him. LOL

gloharmar, these instructions were copied and pasted from page 56 of this thread. If you need anymore help, let us know, k?

Open two windows. In one window go to the ticker website and make your ticker.

In your other window come to this site and go to your user "CP",(above the post, and to the left in the small blue bar.

When you get there, on the left side of the page, click on edit signiture.

When you get this done, go to the other window and RIGHT click on the picture of your ticker, and "copy" back to the "signiture window" and in the box that says "edit signiture." ( It will be under the Preview Box) and right click again in that box and Paste the ticker in that window. That should do it.

lisa