Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi Lisa. I am so ready for a fill too. I guess we are all impatient. We made a big decision to do this, then we all want to be a size 12 in a few short months. I guess that is not being fair to the band, huh? I have been banded for 12 weeks. I have decided that it is not going to fall of of me as fast as as comes off some others. I eat more for one thing, I'm trying my darnedest to cut that back. I'm older than anyone here, that is probably an excuse but I'm using it, and figure my metabolism may be in a lower gear. I have lurked around a couple other threads and there are many that lose slower than others for many reasons. The main thing is that they are losing. Also, I have got to get some kind of consistant exercise program going. I think that is my main downfall. Monday I get my 3rd fill, and I am hoping to get the exercise thing going then. Just so hard to get started!! Don't get too discouraged Lisa, I have ready where many seem to hit a plateau for awhile no matter what they do, but then all of a sudden it starts comming off. I too get pretty frustrated. I haven't lost much since the actual surgery. Most was pre-op. We just have to do something to get these engines reved. See ya Mon. a.m.

Lo2us, that main soreness won't last too long. Just move around alot and it will help get it out. You will be amazed what you will feel like in a week, especially two. Seems like a long way off but it really won't be. You barely have 48 hours in. Just stay as active as you can with the walking and moving. Hope Gus is doing okay away from Mom. I didn't even do any cooking. My husband didn't want me to cook if I couldn't eat. So he just had Soup or something easy, or went out. That was soooooooo nice while it lasted. When do you go back to the Dr?

Vlynn, glad to hear you are doing well. I've missed you posting.

Lisa, Dr. K's office called and had to reschedule my appointment to Tues. 9:00 a.m. Earlier is better for me. I guess they have called you too? It was Tues. or Thurs. I chose Tues. Don't want to wait any longer than I have to!

I go back on the 21st. I hopefully will be at the meeting on Monday if I'm feeling better. I'm looking forward to my shower tomorrow! Still sore but finally battling that gas, ouch! I've been walking about every 2 hours or so and I've got it moving down out of my chest finally. I hope y'alls fills go alright!

Vlynn. Has Billy seen a urologist yet? Who does he have an appointment with? Your regular MD should be able to get him in with someone pretty quick. I really feel for him, I have had kidney stones and it's horrible! Hope he gets relief soon!! For both your sakes!!

I have talked to several folks that have all had ther appts. rearranged due to one thing or the other. They seem to be gone out of town almost everytime I set an appt. lately. I am beginning to get worried that something wierd is going on, and that we may end up wthout our doctors. Hope I am reading this all wrong. Dr. Keilin said that she was going to try to get a rotation in plastic surgery soon, so I wonder if they are looking at leaving the obesity surgery realm, I know they must stay sooooo busy with 70 patient visits on Monday, and nearly that many on Tuesday. Hope all is well with them. Any views on this?

Hey girls (and guys if there are any)...

Just got in from a ballgame...We are in tournament play right now...we play tomorrow morning @ 11, and then if we win, we will play again @ 5, and probably one more after that...then if we win all the way through, the final game is scheduled for 2:00 AM Sunday morning...NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!!!!

Billy is doing better for now...got him an apppointment for a week from this Tuesday at 8:00 am with a Dr. Roundtree in TXRKNA...He has really tried to stay hydrated well so perhaps it doesn't lodge again...They also gave him some stronger pain meds (vicodin w/ motrin)...also said he has some infection due to urine being backed up in his kidneys, so he is on some antibiotics, too...He is still doing good with the band, too... has lost a total of 55 lbs and has 1 fill...I keep telling him I don't think he is going to need another fill...but who knows...

I am doing okay, I guess...definitely feeling the restriction...I don't seem to be able to eat very much with out getting that tight feeling in my chest...don't know if I am eating too fast, swallowing too hard, too big of a bite or what, but it's not been as easy as it was...I have lost a bit but I am not going to change my ticker again until I have reached my goal of 75 lbs lost...Hoping I can do this by the end of the summer...Tune in to see what happens I guess...LOL

The best thing about getting to come to this site is getting the encouragement that you ladies give when a person is feeling discouraged and burned out about not losing...I enjoy that positiveness in all of you and the cheering you do for each one of us...It sure helps when you are feeling down and out about your loss or anything else that may be on our minds...THANKS!!!:)

Check back in with you guys again soon...

Sugarbear, I couldn't make the Tues. or Thurs. appointment change. Mine is scheduled for the 19th. That's not much longer. I guess I can handle that. It was that or try to get in and out at 3 in the afternoon. Too late for me, so I opted for the later date. I'll be ok, I guess. Not gaining so what's a few more days, huh? lol

Mizboo, I kinda wondered the same thing. I hope we are wrong about that. I don't know why we should loose our docs if they are doing so many surgeries, if you know what I mean.

vylnn, you hang in there girl. You keep everyone rested and pain free. Just remember to take a little time for yourself. (however short the time may be. lol) Tell Billy we are still praying for him. Hope he gets better soon.

lo2us, how are you today?

Has anyone heard from Priss? or hopefulchurch? I wonder if they are lurking??? And what about wannabethin? I know she must be lurking too.

Yall better stop that and post once in a while! lol

Well, I just rambling. Yall have a good weekend.

lisa

I feel much better today. Now mostly just sore. I took my first shower and it was great. I'm a little worried about my port steri strips, they're still pretty bloody, but it's all from the 1st day. I'm covering it with gauze when it get's good and dry. Is it normal to feel your port as a kind of heaviness when you lay on your right side?

I don't undertand my stomach signals to my brain now. I can't tell if I'm hungry or if it's the gas. If I'm hungry, it's a different feeling than before. I had a hard time taking in the 3 slim fasts and the other liquids yesterday. I'm trying to break everything up. I sip Water constantly and I can only take in about 3-4 cups a day. Everything tastes a little different and more potent too. Have y'all experienced and of this?

Does everybody have to take in warm liquids first thing in the morning? I don't seem to be having any trouble with room temp water first thing. I have done hot chocolate just before I take my nasty BP pill with slim fast.

Do any of y'all know if it's okay to have thinned Tomato Soup during the first week? I'm craving tomatoes! Or thinned cream of chicken Soup that's been strained. I have one sheet that Ms. Betty wrote on saying low fat creamy Soups thinned with skim milk is okay, and another one not mentioning it.

Sorry about all the questions, I guess I have too much time on my hands not working and trying to take care of myself!

okay one last question and it's a doozy.. when should I get worried about not having a BM? When do I need to take that Benefiber stuff?

Lo2us, start the Benefiber now. Yes it is okay to have the thinned Tomato Soup. I am not sure about the creamed Soups. Just whatever she said. She did tell me I could have the Tomato (thinned). I nearly lived on it, broth, and homemade potato Soup. Just make some cream poratoes and thin it down with fat free or skim milk. You can't have any bits or pieces in anything right now. I drank sf hot chocolate in the a.m. then broke my pills in half or smaller and took them. The crushed pills were too bitter. Anyway I didn't have any trouble swallowing pills, still don't I have one horse pill that I bread in half, other than that I don't even break mine anymore. Maybe if I ever get tight, I will need to. Ifind that I don't need the hot in the a.m. but I did it right after surgery because they said to. Some people seem to have to do that. Everyone is different. The taste of stuff I think is due to our pre-op diet. A lack of so many tastes we were used to on a daily basis. I know when I first drank some broth, it was the best thing ever!! haha.

Mizboo, I don't think we have to worry about the drs. Someone there did tell me that Dr. Keilin was going to work on her plastic surgeon certification. Hoping she would have it in a year. It will go right along with obesity surgery. Those who lose excessive weight will need that. She already does tummy tucks if I am not mistaken. I am not sure if Dr. Heiker is doing that or not. Anyway they have to attend medical seminars ect. just like other doctors to stay up on the latest. I sure hope it isn't a sign of anything else either. I go Tues. a.m. for a fill. I will just ask her. I had my urologist call and reschedule my appt. with them too next week!

Sugarbear said what I was thought of this morning after posting. They have to have so many CEU's a year, I am assuming. Just like lab, x-ray or any other department within a hospital, doctors have to have be updated too. Did that sound a little goofy? sorry. Yes, I would like the updated 2007 model doctor to attend to me. lol I think it will be a good thing for them to branch to plastics. Think we would get a discount?? lol

I just wanted to let yall know, I just had a sliming episode. GROSS!!!! I know yall wanted to hear that, didn't you? Don't even think about having one it's just gross. I guess that was my first one. I hope it's my last.

lisa

lo2us, I promise that situation will remedy itself. Remember, you are just taking in liquids right now and there isn't much waste. Just be sure to drink as much Water as you can stand. Personally, I haven't used benefiber. It really causes problems with me. And I agree with Sugarbear about the taste thing. From my own experience, I thought things tasted stronger than pre-op also. My first scrambled egg was the best thing I ever tasted. It was so good, I had to make myself NOT eat it very fast. I just wanted to swallow it whole. lol

lisa

hey girls,

i'm here, just busy with school being out. my son has to be entertained all the time.

i got my first fill on the 5th. i can really tell it. i hope it last.

hope everyone is enjoying your summer.

I did it right. Is anyone going to the support group meeting Monday night? I want to go but I've got to see if my mom can watch my son.