Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having these issues? Cold... Irritable..

Ok so Im four weeks and a day or two out... Ive noticed I stay cold now when everyone else is warm - i used to be the opposite though. Also - ive noticed im canky/depressed/irritable/mad more than usual too... Anyone have this going on? Any clue ehats causing it? :-/

I am the same way, I am about to freeze! I can wear fuzzy socks, fleece PJ pants and a thermal long sleeve T, I'll still be freezen! I think it's because of the fast weight lose, it has to be.

Yes that happens to all most everyone I think it that lack of ghrelin. From the surgery ;)

It's a hormone produced in the stomach, it produces the hunger sensation but also has a part to play in the regulation of body temperature. So I've read anyway...

Which I'm glad of because I was always too hot !! :)

It causes the irritability/anger/depression too?

Oh yes!!! But you should even out soon. Just be aware this is why it's going on. It helps to know so you can look at it and know its normal ;)

I was freezing before my surgery and now I'm much worse.. Never thought it possible. I've read the same thing as above, but I don't expect I'll to ever be warm... And I drive my family nuts!

That explains a lot I of people's moods are here!

Don't you think :)

nah, I think those folks spend too much time on the grumpy stick...... :rolleyes:

I definitely can relate to the depression. I didn't think much about being colder than usual, though a friend did remark recently that the thermostat was set higher than my usual settings. I figured it was because of the colder temperatures in my area lately. When I discussed the depressed mood with my DIL (who also had the surgery). She said that I need to think about it in terms of how an addict feels who is detoxing from drugs or some other addiction. food has been my "addiction" for years. When stressed, I eat; when sad I eat. I am definitely a mood driven "eater." So now, having had the sleeve - I can no longer look for food to comfort me. My body is going through a tremendous change, not only physically but mentally and emotionally as well. I suspect that I will continue to have some highs and lows, until my body begins to adjust to the sleeve. In the meantime, I had to resume taking my depression medication - which I haven't had to take for over a year. I suffered from depression pre-sleeve so I felt it was in my best interest to resume taking the medication; at least until my body heals and has adjusted to this new way of life (change in eating habits.) My PCP agreed.

It causes the irritability/anger/depression too?

This could also be carb withdrawal. Many Adkins dieters suffer from irritability in the early stages. It should ease up.

Well im a month out and still eat some carbs - more than what Atkins wants. Its the only way to get my calorie count over 650...

Well im a month out and still eat some carbs - more than what Atkins wants. Its the only way to get my calorie count over 650...

Yes, but compared to before surgery? I'm just saying, diet may or may not be playing a role. It could be you're nervous about becoming a thinner, healthier you. It can be scary. A lot is going to change. But it's all for the better so enjoy the ride...it's a doozy.

Plus there are hormones stored in fat cells that are being releases whether u are male or female. I spent 20 years always being hot, now I actually get cold most of the time. Sooo weird! The moodiness does get way better.

That explains a lot I of people's moods are here!

Don't you think :)

Lol! ;)