Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today i found out that i streched my pouch

I'm sorry you feel you've been victimized.

Wasn't it you who posted

"IF they are telling the truth' date=' why won't they name their surgeon?"?

That may not be verbatim, but, I also got the impression that you were calling the poster a liar.

Heck, it might not have even been you. I'm just going on memory here.

Maybe I'm getting two people mixed up.[/quote']

I never inched said she was lying I just couldn't understand why when people were asking who the surgeon was she wouldn't answer then she did aventually but there were worst post on here than a simple surgeon question

Please please tell me again who this surgeon is who botched these two ladies sleeve surgeries? I'm just paying my 750 down payment Thursday and I'm having it done with Dr. Cabrera in TJ Mexico at the MiDoctor. I'm getting freaked out' date=' I'm a single mom of 3 great kids, I'm all they have I need to pick a reputable surgeon. Not like we all don't have too, I've never done anything for me before. I turn 50 this year and my oldest son is getting married.[/quote']

Dr. Nain with Bluepoint surgery group in Northern Virginia. So no worries, pretty far away from Mexico. I wish you the best and I am sure you do great!

And to my fellow bluepointers, I agree many, many people have had success with the group- but there are many doctors there and perhaps each one handles situations differently. Most of Dr. Nain'ss patients probably turn out just fine. I can't say that I have not had any success with the sleeve- I have lost 94 lbs and am 6 lbs from goal in less than six months, it was just a hell of a way to get here, as I lost a lot of it because I had to eat through my arm (TPN) and then liquids only for a long time when I had the stent. And I am not saying that he is a terrible surgeon or not, everyone makes mistakes, but the way he handled it was definitely "not cool" and perhaps even unforgivable, though I try to forgive everyone in life.

So yes, OP's surgeon definitely exists, and we both had major ( but different ) problems. There are also quite a few people on here that used him and had no problems.

I never inched said she was lying I just couldn't understand why when people were asking who the surgeon was she wouldn't answer then she did aventually but there were worst post on here than a simple surgeon question

Oops sorry that should of said once

Moderator, can we close this thread? LadiWobs hasn't posted for a few pages now, and it's devolving into a total train wreck.

LadiWobs, I hope you find the answers you need, and share them with us in a new thread when you're ready to do so. And ONLY when you're ready to do so.

I just want to say this "IF" she is taking in all that Protein she claims "IF" it is possible to gain the weight ONLY if she is using a weight gainer formula Protein Drink. Some weight gainers have as much as 1800-2000 calories per serving. But I was sleeved on 1/7/13 I'm down about 25 post op and I can eat. I eat more than I see people posting here. I can eat almost a full 18 ounces of Soup at a time but can only handle 2 eggs with a slice of turkey ham and 1 slice of cheese. I've been reading this blog since it was started and been researching this non stop and it is physically impossible for this to happen if she was sleeved. It just can't happen in that short of a time period and even more so for someone to gain 20 pounds in 7 weeks is a ton of weight in a short period as well. Something is very fishy about this blog.

I'm glad to hear you say you are able to eat more because I was getting concerned that I can also eat way more than I should. I can eat a cup of soup comfortably. I are 1/2 c mashed potatoes and 2 oz roast with a tbsp of gravy last night. I'm losing slowly and wonder if its because I'm able to eat well. Also I was so hungry by dinner last night! Crazy.

I I almost forgot I haven't found 1 surgeon who doesn't order a barium swallow upper gi X-ray to ENSURE you don't have a leak that is standard practice in EVERY US hospital

Not for me. If you are talking about right after surgery? I didn't have a leak test.

And IF this or any other unbelievable event should happen to me(god forbid)...I WOULD NOT come here to seek advice. I would leave that to the professionals ...as the OP should

She didn't come here to seek advice, but to see if anyone had experience anything similar to what she is going through. Nor did she come here to get attacked by people like you! Have you ever heard the saying, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." You should definitely start practicing that... Like yesterday.

Get a life and target your negative energy to being a productive citizen.

I agree moderator, need to close this thread

I don't disagree, the thread got way out of hand. Basically it turned into fight, and unfortunately you unintentionally stepped into the middle of a fight and got punched in the mouth. I'm sorry that it happened. If you question was asked in a less heated situation, I'm betting you wouldn't have gotten the response you did.

I'm not justifying the one who snapped at you, just trying to add some perspective.

I don't disagree' date=' the thread got way out of hand. Basically it turned into fight, and unfortunately you unintentionally stepped into the middle of a fight and got punched in the mouth. I'm sorry that it happened. If you question was asked in a less heated situation, I'm betting you wouldn't have gotten the response you did.

I'm not justifying the one who snapped at you, just trying to add some perspective.[/quote']

Very true but we should be able to asked questions I was on another thread months ago just asking a question what do people like to eat after surgery I was curious I got bashed because I asked that and didn't have surgery yet I'm hear to ask questions fully what people experience nothing wrong w that

I had my surgery performed at a bariatric center of excellence (Kaiser) and I didn't have a leak test either(besides the leak test they do during the operation). Like a few other posters stated the leak tests do not lessen the chances of a person developing a leak. I remember during my pre op classes they beat into our heads how they "staple and cauterize"..."staple and cauterize" ...seems like I heard that every week for 12 weeks lol...I guess that was their pitch to convincd ua that leaks are highly unlikely with their technique *shrugs shoulders* but I've have ZERO complications...down 61 lbs since including prepop..sleeve on 11/14

I also went thru kaiser. Loved my experience. And no leak test! I wasn't looking forward to it so that was a pleasant surprise.

She didn't come here to seek advice' date=' but to see if anyone had experience anything similar to what she is going through. Nor did she come here to get attacked by people like you! Have you ever heard the saying, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." You should definitely start practicing that... Like yesterday.

Get a life and target your negative energy to being a productive citizen.[/quote']

I agree w you like why is she saying anything my point is that if its true or not its not for her to figure out either support or move on

Thanks Dawg for pointing out the whole Protein thing. I know OP stated that she is going to cut her protein in half at least for the next couple weeks.

Lets look at this a bit closer. As originally stated, 120g of protein from liquids alone. Plus she is eating also. Well, even the best protein supplements are 100calories per 20g protein. If she is using a Meal Replacement shake, like ensure, for protein, then you can quickly quadruple that number. So without even going to weight gainers we have anywhere from 600-2400 calories a day from liquids. Additionally she is eating also, we do not know what or how much. It is quite possible that even with a proper sleeve to over consume and gain weight.

I for one have never experienced any restriction to liquids. I could easily consume 10,000 calories/day on a liquid diet if I so chose to.

I've seen it numerous times on this forum where people get sleeved and run straight for the highest calorie Proteins they can get.

I am not saying that this is what the OP did or that this is her fault, I am simply pointing out that there are a lot of assumptions being made in this thread.

To assume that any surgeon would botch a surgery intentionally or simply not perform the surgery while claiming to have done so IMO is pretty preposterous. With the amount of liability surgeons assume every time they cut into a patient it would take an idiot (one not smart enough to get through med school) to even consider this.

As to the possibility of a stretched sleeve(pouch). IF the sleeve was properly formed, it is not going to stretch. However, if the surgeon failed to remove the fundus then, yes the fundus that is left will still be pliable. Though this is possible, I don't believe it could have been stretched much in such a short time frame. Keep in mind the only thing that is going to stretch the fundus is solid foods.

I am not making any assumptions as to what the problem is, however the only 2 conclusions that I can reasonably come to is that either the sleeve was not formed correctly and thus, a "resleeve" should be performed, or there are too many liquid calories being consumed.

Well, I guess there is a third "reasonable" possibility. It could be a combination if the two.

Any which way, I wish the OP a sipped resolution. And a happy life.

AND YES, we have had members that have experienced improperly formed sleeves which didn't function properly. As a matter of fact, I know both dr. Ponce de leon, and Dr. Aceves have performed resleeve a for that exact reason.

I had to respond to this because honestly, I am actually in shock by some of these statements. Granted it is possible, very possible to gain weight even with the sleeve when you eat or drink more calories then you should I believe everyone of us are fully aware of that, it is pretty much engrained in us during the whole process before surgery. However, 10,000 calories in a day with this surgery...REALLY??? I don't think so.....something is seriously wrong if you can get that many in, I think a little exaggeration went into effect there and it was unneccessary, she may have been drinking a little more protein then she should but nothing that was too outrageous...good lord people get a grip. Also, a surgeon making a mistake preposterous, hmmm...tell that to all the patients that have had equipment left in them after surgery, or had the wrong procedure performed on them, seriously man do you not watch the news or read articles, why is everyone trying to discredit her story? Why can't people just be supportive and just let her ask a question and then someone answer it. As some of this post actually had some information that is helpful to the OP, a lot of it is only opinion and really could have probably been kept out of the post because it really sounded like it was discrediting the OP, why do that. I just feel if you don't have an answer for her question, or do not want to give her words of encouragement I just don't see a reason to post!

To the OP.....please, please ignore all the rude and unintelligable comments and know that there are those of us that are supportive and do feel awful that this is happening to you and hope you find the answers you are looking for and get the assistance you need to fix the problem. There actually some really good posts out here and they have provided some great information, especially about the protein, that is really good information, but the negative discrediting stuff....ignore it, who cares what they think. I think a lot of that is just for attention. So anyway, I would love to know the outcome if you even want to post it out here, or just send it to me privately. I wish you the best and pray you get the help you need as soon as possible.

By the way to O.T.R., I was actually glad to see you show up to this particular forum and look forward to you getting some of these post under control, I was just a bit disappointed in some of your statements in that one post. No hard feelings! ;)

Ding,Ding! Gloves off now guys! This is one of those threads where you could argue all day about true, false, right, wrong etc etc. How about everyone just let's it go and waits to hear the second opinion from the doctor. Remember, the point is 'SUPPORT'.