Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mzrich i had dry mouth i was told it was ketosis high protien diet. im ok now, i am 4 months out.

i also agree that the person was rude, maybe they didnt mean to be you did the right thing to ignore. thats the only thing i dont like about this forum some ppl get on here and act like they got it together, and forget they were the same way in the beginning research or not. its not to late to research. and its ok to ask questions thats why this forum is here no matter what the question is or how little research you did. i did a lot of research and still wasnt prepared for the post op. take care

mzrich i had dry mouth i was told it was ketosis high protien diet. im ok now, i am 4 months out.

i also agree that the person was rude, maybe they didnt mean to be you did the right thing to ignore. thats the only thing i dont like about this forum some ppl get on here and act like they got it together, and forget they were the same way in the beginning research or not. its not to late to research. and its ok to ask questions thats why this forum is here no matter what the question is or how little research you did. i did a lot of research and still wasnt prepared for the post op. take care

I think people forget what its like to be only a few weeks out (or days) and being totally miserable. I really don't think they meant to be hateful or mean, just a touch on the insensitive side. I'm sure the heaving is making it worse and I wish I knew what started that off so I could give some information but thats just not something that at 2 days post op I have encountered yet. (and I hope not to ever)

I think people forget what its like to be only a few weeks out (or days) and being totally miserable. I really don't think they meant to be hateful or mean, just a touch on the insensitive side. I'm sure the heaving is making it worse and I wish I knew what started that off so I could give some information but thats just not something that at 2 days post op I have encountered yet. (and I hope not to ever)

yea ppl forget. so what she didnt do her research, i did research and still felt that way

What about sucking on ice chips in between your sips? I had a horrible time with nausea up until recently & the only thing that helped with that was tea. Water made it worse. I cant remember what stage you are at but can you have fruit? Watermelon is really "juicy" and not too chunky or hard to get down either.

And if you are still taking any of the pain meds or anything like that they can make your mouth dry & make your tummy upset if there's no food to speak of in there.

I'm in the hospital 4 days post op and I have really dry mouth, I have been npo all those days. Yesterday they allowed me ice chips, there hasn't been enough time to say I'm doing something wrong. There's probably a ton of reasons why your suffering. Back off the food stuff and introduce one thing at time.

yea ppl forget. so what she didnt do her research, i did research and still felt that way

yeah. I DO think that research is an important part of our own personal responsibility for taking such an enormous step in this direction with an elective surgery like this, but the lady is ill. No one wants to hear about what they shoulda/coulda done before hand. It's done now, this is permanent, and she will more than likely deal with the lack of information at a later date. For now, we want NO vomiting and we want COMFORT.

Grandma was bang on with ketosis. Google it, many people are fearful of it but truthfully it's the best body fat burning condition, the fat just melts off without carbs. As soon as you add carbs you may get more headachey, you won't burn fat as much and you'll become more hungry. Beides all that Ketosis is a high Protein diet, it can give you dry mouth and musty apple breath.

The power aid may not agree with you because the stuff we're on already has so much sodium, you need to try to flush that from your system, it will cause you more dry mouth. You're idea is great for the humidifier and try lemon or lime in Water. Lemon naturally inspires the glands under your tongue to produce saliva. Just sip, it'll also help flush the high sodium that's in the broth, Soup and Protein Powder so you're not so dry in the mouth. It's pretty simply hopefully you don't have to go to much work to do this, I'm tired too...it was a helllishly long day (first day back to work after sugery on Saturday).

yeah. I DO think that research is an important part of our own personal responsibility for taking such an enormous step in this direction with an elective surgery like this' date=' but the lady is ill. No one wants to hear about what they shoulda/coulda done before hand. It's done now, this is permanent, and she will more than likely deal with the lack of information at a later date. For now, we want NO vomiting and we want COMFORT.[/quote']

I've done tons of research and I'm four days post Op and I'm still lost and tryna figure it out it takes life experience to really get it I had it all figured out after before surgery now I'm struggling w just tryna get my fluids in

arthritis well said, can you tell me what part of your body has it, i have it on my knees really bad and i dont want surgery what are you doing?

Hi newgrandma, I have arthritis in my knees right now but my mom has it in her fingers and other joints and my dad has it in his hip and back. He's had a hip replacement and invertebrea drilling before the age of 70.

I have no cartilage between my knee cap and leg bone and develop spurs from the impact. Last year I had the spurs smoothed off by my surgeon but my diagnosis is stage 4 chondromalacia and he says I'm too young for knee replacements. I function OK on an anti inflammatory diet, i have salmon oil everyday, no wheat, try to limit alcohol (being sleeved has made it easier lol) and when I do mountain stuff like skiing and hiking I take lots of turmeric. I also ice afterwards. When it's really bad I'll take tylenol arthritis, it seems to work ok but i have to be in tears to take meds.

I've seen what over medicating has done to my dad, he started loosing his mind at 65 and now that he's 70 he has officially been diagnosed with Parkinson's. I also think over medicating leads to cancer of the pancreas. Has your surgeon offered to do laproscopy and dremmel off any rough bits/spurs? Where do you have your arthritis? I can tell when I do my Tuesday yoga class that my L hip feels sharp when I do certain motions. I hope I'm not following too closely in my dad's footsteps.

arthritis thank you for allt he information. yes i have the the same knee problem as you. i am in so much pain withthe cold weather, i see the ortho again at the end of the month i dont want the shot that hurts and slows down wieght loss. and i waws told also i was to young for knee replacements. its both of my knees but the left one more than the other, i also have spurs lots of them. i got worse once i startedlosing weight. i will try tylenol for arthritis since i cant take the hard stuff. thank you again

Thanks everyone. The dry mouth cleared up a bit but now is coming back im still dry heaving 3xs today 2xs yesterday. I have been drinking Water and Decaf tea I have missed 2 days of this new semester. I may have to drop if this doesnt clear up soon. I hate calling on call dr. but ill call tomorrow morning and seewhat he says... Now im not able to drink tea anymore.. Its crayz one minute I tolerate next minute I dont. :( I have no emotional support at home its hard to deal with this. Its embarassing to dry heavy like im trying to pukeup my lungs... Now im here with a bottle of water I will continue to sip ... I have been on liquids the passed 2 days... I would think I should be hydrated by now. My stomach is probably In bad shape the way I have been dry heaving

mzrich gotothe doctor