Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Experienced Sleevers: Is this too little food?

I am almost five weeks out and I just talked to my dietician last Friday, she moved me from 1/4 cup of pureed Protein food to 1/4 cup of soft Protein food 3X a day for at least the next 6 weeks. No Snacks, no Protein shakes, no fruits or vegetables unless you can fit a sliver in after the protein. This program never let us have Protein Shakes. My friend who has been wonderfully successful on a different program is two years out on her RnY says that it is too little food and where is the amount of protein I need? I have been stalled and my elimination hasn't been good.

It is tough that all these programs are so different between Doctors and WLS centers.

I am okay with continuing with this program if I will be getting the results I want in this weight loss honeymoon period but I am willing to modify it myself if most people's experience has been different. Even among the other WLS surgery centers in this *** this one has a different more stringent program than the others in it's own system.

I need to make sure I am not starving myself and stalling weight loss as a result or losing muscle not fat.

yesterday I had:

1/2 hardboiled egg and wedge of laughing cow cheese

1/4 cup of shrimp meat with cocktail sauce

1/4 cup of curry chicken salad

Thank you for your ideas and views on this.

At your phase, a 1/4 cup seems about right. Stalls will happen, you have to watch the carb intake vs. Protein and Water. So maybe back off the cocktail sauce and the curry chicken as used less carby alternatives for a bit. I put chipolte Tabasco on just about everything :) Your body is going through a lot of changes, and wants to hang on to as much fat as possible. The best way to get it to shake it lose is starve it by restricting the processed sugar, carb intake. Try tracking your eats in MyFitnessPal or something like that, you might be surprised. Also it helps to increase the cardio part of your exercise plan, get plenty of water and take those Vitamins.< /p>

Oh man! lose my 1/4 teaspoon of sauce? this is getting worse! I'll have to try your chipotle tabasco. cardio, Vitamins and Water are all in place.

took your advice and logged the days food on My fitness pal came up with totals for the day:

Calories:323

carb: 13 g.

fat: 18 g.

protein: 28 g.

plus I had 10 grams as well in clear Protein added to Water with Mio.

took your advice and logged the days food on My fitness pal came up with totals for the day:

Calories:323

carb: 13 g.

fat: 18 g.

protein: 28 g.

plus I had 10 grams as well in clear Protein added to Water with Mio.

I'm 6 weeks out and eat doubles what u eat. 6 meals and been losing concstently. Aren't you starving? I could not do it eating so little. I don't care what any doctor says.

I don't feel like I am starving but I worry that my body thinks it is and that is why I keep stalling. That is why I am polling here to see if I am eating too little. Most seem to be eating around 600 cal. thanks for your input, congrats on your losing consistently!

IMO - You need to get that Protein up to around 65 daily and calories no less than 500. Try clear Isopure 40 gm from GNC, not cheap but I met my Protein goals. Or you can try PremierProtein 30gm from Costco/Sams Club in chocolate or vanilla.

I drank a Protein shake every day until I could "eat" my protein goals. This will up your calories too. You don't want to go into starvation mode, this will cause a stall. Eat day you will fight to eat/drink enough. So odd for us former fatties.

Good luck. I love my sleeve and have no regrets.

You also do not want to cannibalize muscle. Protein on any vlcd should be a minimum of 65 grams with a goal around 80, its pretty well documented too. Do they kniw how little you're getting in?

thanks for both posts.

Yes, It is their program and they told me to eat just the 1/4 cup of Protein 3x a day , no shakes, no Snacks, the dietician said to not even add veg or fruit right now, It is not possible to get over 300 cal. or 30 grams of protein on that little amount of protein. this is supposed to go on for another 6 weeks at least. that is why I am questioning it because it is so different than most other programs anyone else has been describing. I totally agree with both of your ideas from all my knowledge of dieting prior to the sleeve. and I have been stalled. I am thinking I may have to go outside of their program and at least try adding a Protein Shake or something. I feel like I am wasting this honeymoon weight loss period.

At your phase' date=' a 1/4 cup seems about right. Stalls will happen, you have to watch the carb intake vs. Protein and Water. So maybe back off the cocktail sauce and the curry chicken as used less carby alternatives for a bit. I put chipolte Tabasco on just about everything :) Your body is going through a lot of changes, and wants to hang on to as much fat as possible. The best way to get it to shake it lose is starve it by restricting the processed sugar, carb intake. Try tracking your eats in MyFitnessPal or something like that, you might be surprised. Also it helps to increase the cardio part of your exercise plan, get plenty of Water and take those Vitamins.[/quote']

Chipotle Tabasco is the greatest substance known to man! :-)