Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here...Help!

I have been doing my research on a few drs in Tijuana and I'm currently just confused in who to go with. Anyone ever dealt with Ron at MBC? I keep seeing everyone saying Christy:/ and has anyone had dr lllan as their surgeon? I heard he is cheap! Just curious on who's best for the price. Oh and here's my stats.

Weight: 327

Height: 5'4"

BMI: 56

Also has anyone had a bad experience with Almanza? I am speaking to them to but I don't like the whole recovery house thing...

From what I hear recovery for Dr. Almanza is at a hotel now, no longer using the recovery house.

For mor information on Dr. Almanza id recommend doing a forum search on his name, and also one on Jerusalem Hospital.

I have been doing my research on a few drs in Tijuana and I'm currently just confused in who to go with. Anyone ever dealt with Ron at MBC? I keep seeing everyone saying Christy:/ and has anyone had dr lllan as their surgeon? I heard he is cheap! Just curious on who's best for the price. Oh and here's my stats.

Also has anyone had a bad experience with Almanza? I am speaking to them to but I don't like the whole recovery house thing...

I have a BMI of 57 and I'm using Dr. Lopez/Dr. Osuna with A Lighter Me. They are a husband/wife bariatric surgical team. The main reason I chose Dr. Lopez is because he specializes in high BMI patients which carry a higher risk. I am, however, doing my preop diet now in the hopes of lowering my weight/BMI/risk. And the high BMI charge.

Amanda Rae

Ron is a very blunt person to speak with i was told he just started that company and doesnt really have drs. That he uses on a daily basis. I would really suggest u do alot of researching on him.

Ron is a very blunt person to speak with i was told he just started that company and doesnt really have drs. That he uses on a daily basis. I would really suggest u do alot of researching on him.

I LOVED working with Ron from MBC. I wouldn't rely on hear-say from others. Call him up and talk to him yourself. My husband just ask me to add to this message that he found Ron to be an Excellent Communicator with great follow-up. This is true. :)

I can only comment on Ron from MBC. I have no experience with the doctors you have mentioned. I had my first contact with MBC back in the fall. Right from day one they were there for me, answering all my questions. Of course, some questions he was not in a position to answer because he is not a doctor. He passed those questions on to my surgeon for an answer. Although I mostly spoke with Ron, on the few occasions when he was down in Mexico doing his research of the doctors and facilities, I had the opportunity to talk with Christy. She is a doll. :)

Be careful who you listen to when it comes to researching your choice of coordinator. HEARSAY is just that. It can be written by anyone, even the competition. My advice is to go back in the forums and find people who have ACTUALLY used the service. Follow their posts from when they chose the service right through to after surgery. Talk to them. They're the people that will have the honesty, fact based information you need.

I suggest you talk to Ron about the surgeon choices in your preferred location. There are a few that deal with high BMI. If you have the opportunity to travel to PV and Guadalajara your choices for surgeons increases. Dr. Osuna in Guadalajara is excellent and if you plan it right you could have Dr. Lopez working along side her. They are a husband /wife team :) I loved Dr. Lopez. :)

I had my surgery 2 1/2 months ago and I am thrilled to say I had no complications and have lost 48 lbs :)

Patti

I just read that dr Illan is a "dr" but not a surgeon and the rest of his credentials are fake?! Someone called to check up on him and they didn't have him on record.... Again hearsay but that's what I just read ... Ill try and find it on here

I know everyone has to consider the financial aspect of having bariatric surgery but please take the time to really research and talk directly to other patients that have had surgery with the Surgeon you are considering. My surgeon will be Dr. Aceves and he is more expensive but has the experience that I felt comfortable with for a revision. I have seem many warnings in regards to Dr. Almanza and although that not a substitute for actual experience with a surgeon... I would prefer not taking chances with my life... but that is just me. There are many surgeons that are reasonable and very few complaints... I'd go that direction! I also talked with Ron when I was researching and he was quick to respond with information I requested. Good luck with your journey and the surgeon you ultimately choose!