Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 28th here

That's what I drink! It's the best!! The one I found that has the best flavors! You can add moo, crystal light or any flavor Water Enhancer to the juice flavors to help of you need it. Lemon ice is soo good with and extra shot of lemon flavor just like Lipton ice tea!

Because of your great reviews I just orded the lemon tea. It should be here by Monday. Getting sleeved Tomorrow at 10:30. Super excited.

Yea!

I just got my call. I have to be @ the hospital @ 0930. Surgery set for 1130. I'm just ball of nerves right now

I was feeling very weak, irritable, and tired and I realized that I was not getting in enough carbs. So I ate a can of green Beans along with my 100% Protein Drink, and I feel a lot better.

YES!!!!!! I found a new Protein Powder that I may be able to tolerate......Its called nectar and I found at The Vitamin Shoppe and it comes in about 10 flavors.

Thanks for the suggestion!! I can't even stand the thought of the shake from my doctor. I'm 3 days post op and the only "food" I've had is a few oz of thinned cream of wheat so not much if any Protein. I went online and ordered 2 flavors and am hoping once those come in they can be a good way to try to get my protein or at least some of it. I'm experiencing a lot of gas pain in my stomach despite taking gas-x every day even with just consuming Water. Any ideas?

I can understand Tricie5683. Just take a deep calming breathe alone somewhere and gather your thoughts. It's all going to be good. Just be positive and think about the end result. Thoughts and prayers!

I can't wait to get sleeved, day 3 of waiting for insurance approval. I called Cigna again this am, they said I'm in the final step before they have an answer the unknown is killing me.. I don't wanta over do it & call to to much you know.. I'm surpose to start liquid diet this Monday with surgery onMarch 26th.

Surgery on Tuesday 3/19/13. I received a random phone call from my doctors office. I need an EKG and blood work done... Is there anything in my blood work that will make them cancel or post pone my surgery?

Yes at my nutrtion class she told me if you have anemia low Iron you may have to have a blood transfusion during surgery, or if its extremely low they will postpone surgery till levels come up.... believe me I'm anemic & I've been pumping up on my iron big time..

I've been in my room for 4 hrs now. Surgery went well had to fix a surprise hernia. I'm eating ice chips now. The gas pains r sitting on top of my lungs which is very hurtful. Just went for a walk. Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good considering.

Well another 3 1/2lbs off today (7 1/2lbs in 2 days!!) Was really close to cheating today, ended up having a few mouthfuls of my wee ones leftovers... nothing too bad but glad I managed to stop at that.

I've got a day off work tomorrow and am worrying how I'll cope having all day to think about food. Will need to keep busy.

I just watched a video posted on another thread where Dr. Guillermo Alvarez explained what a bougie is, how they are sized, and actually showed video of using one during VSG surgery. Here's the skinny on size:

Bougies are measured in units called "French". 1 inch = 76.2 French. 1 French = 1/3 mm. So, the difference between a 32 and a 40 is 2.67 mm - or 0.14 inches - less than 1/6 of an inch! Also, they don't staple right up against the bougie, because they don't want to accidentally cut into it, which would cause a myriad of problems! So, it doesn't seem like bougie size should make all that much difference.