Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No I'm not hungry all the time. 100ml of custard is enough to fill me up, but as soon as i drink anything with in a few minutes I'm hungry again. It puts me off drinking.

Rule of thumb isyou're not supposed to drink 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after a meal to decrease the opportunity for your stomach to make you feel hungry

Sunshine - I keep forgetting that I've got to get the band out. My Dr doesn't seem to think there'll be a problem doing both procedures at the same time but I realise that the band might have caused a lot of damage.

I'm not too bothered about seeing my stomach as I work in the pathology lab :rolleyes: so am used to seeing all sorts. I was more concerned that my stomach would go to the lab and my co workers would know that I'd had this op. Luckily they don't send the removed stomach part routinely as it is healthy tissue.

I only had a little swelling no erosion so i was good to have the removal of my band and the sleeve at the same time. i still cant believe this has happened..i guess that why i have the proof in the picture! I hope he can do it all in one for you. and i hear ya on the co-worker thing...i work at a hospital too but the bariatric program there wouldn't help me so no worry about having anyone know or see anything since i had it way down in Mexico!!! lol

Is anyone been sleeved and you head only tells you your hungry,but your really not.I guess I missed all the good.

Hi everyone..My surgery date is 3/27 and up until this week I was fine..now I'm anxious and scared..I haven't told many people because of all the negativity..it's sad that some people think this is an elective surgery..or that I'm lazy..It bothers me but I try to stay focused..I found out today my friend/co worker is not taking me to my surgery..she's judgmental and I know she thinks it's a waste of time..mind you she is 4'11 & 90 lbs..Anyway I decided I would have to do this on my own even my family refuses to support me..so I will go to surgery alone & come home an care for myself..that worries me because its a major surgery & I'm scared of recovering alone..I want a healthy long life & I'm convinced a lot of my health problems will improve substantially and eventually go away...

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, will I be able to tone up my skin. I had the lap band in 2009-2010 & I lost 80 lbs but I worked out several days a week & I lifted weights so my skin was tight..but the Weightloss was slower..oh btw the band prolapsed & had to be removed by emergency surgery 6/2010..Scared the daylights out of me for years..but now I'm getting the sleeve 3/27.. :-)

Hi everyone..My surgery date is 3/27 and up until this week I was fine..now I'm anxious and scared..I haven't told many people because of all the negativity..it's sad that some people think this is an elective surgery..or that I'm lazy..It bothers me but I try to stay focused..I found out today my friend/co worker is not taking me to my surgery..she's judgmental and I know she thinks it's a waste of time..mind you she is 4'11 & 90 lbs..Anyway I decided I would have to do this on my own even my family refuses to support me..so I will go to surgery alone & come home an care for myself..that worries me because its a major surgery & I'm scared of recovering alone..I want a healthy long life & I'm convinced a lot of my health problems will improve substantially and eventually go away...

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Moka

Im on the 27th too! Its your life and you have to live it for you. Rest assured you won't be alone. We'll all be here cheering you on and you and i can recover together! Its nobody's business what you do and when the dust settles and you are healthier and leaner all of those stress will be Water under the bridge. Hang in there for 12 days!

Well let me forewarn you guys...I had surgery on the 7th. No bowel movements at all as of the 13th. Talked to the PA at my surgeons office and she told me, no you definitely are going to have to wake your bowels up. This is completely common after surgery. She told me to get some Milk of Magnesia (btw, hind site being what it is DO NOT get unflavored, it tastes like fish slime!) and to take one dose, wait a few hours, if nothing take a second. DO NOT DO THIS. Definitely don't take a full adult dose, I took half. Then I took one 6 hours later. It was an awesome feeling at the 6 1/2 hr mark, I'm not gonna lie. But after literally a 7 hr marathon back and forth to the bathroom with the runs, or should I just say the "waters", I have to warn you guys! Do the MOM, yes, just ONLY do it once and at a 1/2 dose!

Good luck guys! LOL

Ah, I should have mentioned doses. CVS only had the unflavored. Beggars can't be choosers. it IS gross though.

The directions say for adults, take 30-60 ml. I took half of the smallest dose. 15ml. Nothing within a few hours so took 15ml this morning and another 15 just a few so hoping it will continue to provide a reasonable resolution on a daily basis for the next few days.

@ Moka,I keep my surgery secret for those reason I don't understand how our ppl jus don't wanna be supportive,my husband doesn't even know he's so judgemental,its always ppl waste money,but he jus think I went on a grrls trip and I got sick,and as of feeling sick no hun I came home after my 5th day feeling like a champ.

Hey Moka

Im on the 27th too! Its your life and you have to live it for you. Rest assured you won't be alone. We'll all be here cheering you on and you and i can recover together! Its nobody's business what you do and when the dust settles and you are healthier and leaner all of those stress will be Water under the bridge. Hang in there for 12 days!

Omg!! Thank u so much for the support & encouragement..I felt so alone and after reading this awesome thread I feel much better..

Here's to a new journey cagelfan69 on 3/27!!! :-)

@ Moka' date='I keep my surgery secret for those reason I don't understand how our ppl jus don't wanna be supportive,my husband doesn't even know he's so judgemental,its always ppl waste money,but he jus think I went on a grrls trip and I got sick,and as of feeling sick no hun I came home after my 5th day feeling like a champ.[/quote']

That's great that you came home feeling good. I was a little scared to be alone the 1st few days but I now know I'm not the only..with these concerns..it's nice to talk freely about wls without judgement. This isn't an elective surgery it's saving my life & allowing me to have a better quality of life, to live longer.

This may be strange but i asked the doctor to take a picture of the part of my stomach that he took out along side my lap band he took out that same time...wow...sooo surreal!

Best wishes!

My surgeon takes pics of the surgery and offers to let you see them. The last one of my photos was my removed stomach laying on the table. That's when it really hit home what I had done, and how irreversible it is. Definitely surreal for sure!

That's great that you came home feeling good. I was a little scared to be alone the 1st few days but I now know I'm not the only..with these concerns..it's nice to talk freely about wls without judgement. This isn't an elective surgery it's saving my life & allowing me to have a better quality of life' date=' to live longer.[/quote']

Girl!!! We got this!!!!

I just had my surgery on 3/12 and I am finding it really hard to eat or drink anything due to pain in my stomach I belive from gas any suggestions would be great...

I just had my surgery on 3/12 and I am finding it really hard to eat or drink anything due to pain in my stomach I belive from gas any suggestions would be great...

If its from gas try Gas-X strips. They helped me. I got mine at Walgreens.