Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The day I started my preop diet I also got sick. It has been 15 days and I'm still sick!!! My sis in law is going to school to be a N.D. So I got lots of suggestions from her and everyone else I know. I have done it all!!! Here is the list of things I've been doing

1. 1000 Vitamin C daily

2. Gargle with 1cup warm Water and 1/4 tsp salt 3-4 times daily

3. Saline nasal spray or netty pot

4. Lots of liquid!!! Hydrate

5. Airborne

6. Steep real ginger in boiling water for 30 minutes add honey and drink.

7. Rest

8. "Throat Coat" tea. It tastes amazing!!! And is supposed to be good for sore throats!

I hope this helps. I have been freaking out as well. My fever' date=' cough, congestion all went away about a week ago. So I'm good for surgery. My sore throat is lingering. My family doctor said this virus is really sticking around in people.

[/quote']

I just got over mine and yesterday I started again with a cough! :( I have two weeks left but I'm still worried! This year it the virus is stilling around and coming back for a double attack on most people...

Thanks for the tips! Feel better all!

I have one more day till surgery!!! This thing better not pop back up. The throat is still on fire. It has been a yucky year for viruses!!

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but doesn't Propel have carbs (sugar)?[/quote']

I thought it did... It's on my no list :(

I am sitting here watching The Biggest Loser on TV and it is the episode where they get makeovers and I cannot help but have tears of joy coming down my face for them and look forward to the day that I have my makeover moment and I see all of my family and they are amazed at how wonderful I look!!! I really can't wait for it March sixth please come soon!!!

OMG I did the same thing. Totally teared up. Can you imagine. We will look that good soon enough :)

Up and can't sleep. Nervous. My surgery is in 4 hours. I pray everything goes well. Good luck to everyone having surgery today!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Holy crap...March 6 is less than 24 hours away....now I'm starting to freak out!!

Holy crap...March 6 is less than 24 hours away....now I'm starting to freak out!!

Me too!!! I have to be at the hospital at 8am tomorrow... good luck to you :)

I finally got my date, and it looks like I'll be a March sleever after all!! I'm getting geared up for the 26th. Good luck to all the March 5th people!!!

I am having second thoughts and a really down morning. I am doing this without any local support so I am turning to you all. What creative prep talks have you all either given yourselves or were given by your support? I tell myself it will be worth it, one day at a time, you can't keep living this unhealthy, etc but this morning, it isn't working and I am ready to call it off.

I am having second thoughts and a really down morning. I am doing this without any local support so I am turning to you all. What creative prep talks have you all either given yourselves or were given by your support? I tell myself it will be worth it' date=' one day at a time, you can't keep living this unhealthy, etc but this morning, it isn't working and I am ready to call it off.[/quote']

What's going on this morning that's making you have second thoughts?

I am having second thoughts and a really down morning. I am doing this without any local support so I am turning to you all. What creative prep talks have you all either given yourselves or were given by your support? I tell myself it will be worth it' date=' one day at a time, you can't keep living this unhealthy, etc but this morning, it isn't working and I am ready to call it off.[/quote']

I think having second thoughts is normal. This is major surgery and a decision not to be taken lightly.

Personally I am not scared of the surgery, but of failing myself to commit to the changes and challenges I will be required to make.

I am a person of faith, and I believe that I can handle and do all that will be required with The Lord on my side.

Not having a support system is difficult, please message me if you need to discuss anything.

When are you scheduled for surgery?

March 21, HURRAYYYY!!!!!! Tomorrow is my pre-op and I will start my liquid diet on Thursday. BigDaddy Joe thank you for putting the list together, that was very nice of you.

Up n ready lets go march 5! Heading to the hospital.

Good Luck to you today!!!

Up and can't sleep. Nervous. My surgery is in 4 hours. I pray everything goes well. Good luck to everyone having surgery today!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Good Luck to you today!!