Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your "slow loss" success!

You need to lose another 60 lbs? That's seems a lot for your current weight although I don't know your height. I'm 5'5 and still weigh 190 and I'm aiming at 147 goal weight so that's 40+ pounds to go. At the rate I'm going it will be a long road!

I am 5'2"

My surgeon said today slow and steady wins the race

I'm glad I found this topic. I am 1 month post op and lost 20.2 lbs total. Most of that was the first 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks I've only lost 2.2 lbs. What??? I did this to my body and spent this money to maybe lose 4 lbs a month? I am counting every calorie - staying around 500 per day. I walk, at least a few times a week. I'm exhausted! I have always had a difficult time losing weight and I wasn't a huge eater. My Dr. once told me I'm wired for survival. I'm wired to hang on to weight. Silly me thought that this would help it go faster - a re-wiring. As of right now, if someone asked me I 'd tell them it isn't worth it...

Jlangen, don't panic yet. It's VERY common to stall around the third week post-op, and then begin dropping again. Especially with such a huge drop the first couple of weeks, I'm not surprised your body is taking a pause. You'll be seeing happier numbers on the scale soon!

Thank you Escape Pod

I know I need to relax and I have nothing but time because it's not like I can change anything!

Awesome woman! It doesn't matter how we get there or how long it takes, as long as we feel good about the journey and are our healthiest selves!! Feel good about what you've accomplished. There are tons of people out there with this same journey and they need to know we all have different journeys and each one is a change for the better! I had my surgery dec 9, 2013 and lost 30lbs month 1. It's been much slower since then. I have lost a total of 66lbs and am now almost 5 months out. I have approx 50 lbs until goal. Working on exercising more (it's been a struggle) and that always kicks up my loss. I think about this as a lifestyle and am ok with slow loss. Congrats on all you've achieved!

I am only 1 1/2 weeks out and I have lost over 20 pounds!!!

post-181021-0-40264300-1398314973_thumb.jpg

I am 7 months post op and have lost just under 60lbs. I havent lost anything in a month and a half. I am so worried that I will never lose another pound and that I am done forever. help!

Wow even those complaining about their slow losses are doing great compared to me iv yet to see any post from ppl who have lost as little as me six months out 30 lbs down

I'm 7 wks out and down 35 lbs total including pre-op. I had a major stall at week 3 and didn't lost anything for about 12 days and then took off again nicely.

Saw my surgeon early last week for follow up and he was thrilled with my progress. Since i'm all cleared now for activity, he encouraged me to join a gym...

I will likely lose a little slower but i'm super happy with results so far and feeling INCREDIBLE. i have more energy than i have in over a decade!