Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your "slow loss" success!

Update....Well I hit my goal weight (215) a few weeks ago, but that didn't last long. I'm already back up to 219.....but some of that is Water weight since I started back on creatine. A well hydrated muscle gives me that extra rep on each set and extra set at each lift, so it's worth it to me. Also upped my cals slightly, by 300 or so a day. I felt a little weak after hitting my goal and really restricting my calories for a couple of months to get there. So I think the low 220's is my comfy place. I know years (hopefully decades) down the road as my metabolism slows further, the 220's will be hard to maintain. :unsure:

post-16404-13813670054414_thumb.jpg

I lost 48lbs before surgery and so far at the 7 month mark I lost 40lbs.

Update....Well I hit my goal weight (215) a few weeks ago' date=' but that didn't last long. I'm already back up to 219.....but some of that is Water weight since I started back on creatine. A well hydrated muscle gives me that extra rep on each set and extra set at each lift, so it's worth it to me. Also upped my cals slightly, by 300 or so a day. I felt a little weak after hitting my goal and really restricting my calories for a couple of months to get there. So I think the low 220's is my comfy place. I know years (hopefully decades) down the road as my metabolism slows further, the 220's will be hard to maintain. :unsure:[/quote']

Wow, really nice definition! Congrats on reaching your goal, but even more on the ability to 'listen' to your body. It's something I'm struggling to learn. Thanks for the inspiration to those of us new to strength training!

Update....Well I hit my goal weight (215) a few weeks ago, but that didn't last long. I'm already back up to 219.....but some of that is Water weight since I started back on creatine. A well hydrated muscle gives me that extra rep on each set and extra set at each lift, so it's worth it to me. Also upped my cals slightly, by 300 or so a day. I felt a little weak after hitting my goal and really restricting my calories for a couple of months to get there. So I think the low 220's is my comfy place. I know years (hopefully decades) down the road as my metabolism slows further, the 220's will be hard to maintain. :unsure:

Congratulations. You look like you've never been overweight a day in your life. That must be such a wonderful feeling! Yeah, I wouldn't be stressing over that particular scale number :)

Thanks Zen and Michigan! That late push towards hitting the goal weight this summer was a real humbling experience. My sleeve and normal eating pattern wants to keep me in the mid 220's and just getting to 215 was a bit tougher than I had expected. Being hungry seemingly all the time, especially at night and really cutting back those calories wasn't the most pleasant experience for me. But I got there, and now back to eating healthy more often and a little less hunger. :)

I lost 48lbs before surgery and so far at the 7 month mark I lost 40lbs.

That's an impressive amount of weight to lose on pre-op.....wow! Great job!

I, too, have a "happy place" that is higher than I want but I have had to just accept this is the case. Otherwise it's a constant diet/battle to keep those few pounds off. And we're talking two-three pounds! Makes no real difference to anything except my head.

But congrats on hitting goal even if you bounced - I told you it was just a check the box thing, anyway. Now you've checked the box and can move on!

~Cheri

Update....Well I hit my goal weight (215) a few weeks ago' date=' but that didn't last long. I'm already back up to 219.....but some of that is Water weight since I started back on creatine. A well hydrated muscle gives me that extra rep on each set and extra set at each lift, so it's worth it to me. Also upped my cals slightly, by 300 or so a day. I felt a little weak after hitting my goal and really restricting my calories for a couple of months to get there. So I think the low 220's is my comfy place. I know years (hopefully decades) down the road as my metabolism slows further, the 220's will be hard to maintain. :unsure:[/quote']

What a hottie!

What a hottie!

You're too nice "Should".......but thanks! I just hope I'm not as repulsive as I was a few years ago. :)

This is really motivating I was sleeved on March 28 th of this year n I'm only down 57 lbs but I started boot camp been going for a week n lost 3 right away! So hopefully it just keeps coming off! You look amazing ! Congrats to all the slow losers we will get there! I lost a lot of inches I went from size 22/24 to 14! Have a blessed day!

This is really motivating I was sleeved on March 28 th of this year n I'm only down 57 lbs but I started boot camp been going for a week n lost 3 right away! So hopefully it just keeps coming off! You look amazing ! Congrats to all the slow losers we will get there! I lost a lot of inches I went from size 22/24 to 14! Have a blessed day!

Congrats on the loss so far! I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied with the sleeve regardless of the rate you lose weight....just keep doing what you're supposed to.........and you'll be glad you did!

:)

Doesn't seem to matter what I eat or do, I've been stuck at this weight for a while. However I have come so far. Here is my latest comparison picture.

post-36207-13813670248779_thumb.png

[ATTACH]18778[/ATTACH]

Doesn't seem to matter what I eat or do' date=' I've been stuck at this weight for a while. However I have come so far. Here is my latest comparison picture. [/quote']

Lookin' good!

................All too often, we forget that everyone loses at a different pace....~Cheri

Cheri, Thank you for this post (and for whoever refreshed it).......it's easy to get down on oneself if you forget this all important fact and start comparing yourself to sleevers who lose faster.....I thought I'd have lost much more by now, but realize this is my pace.....and am happy with the weight that I've lost. Thank you all!

Doesn't seem to matter what I eat or do' date=' I've been stuck at this weight for a while. However I have come so far. Here is my latest comparison picture. [/quote']

You look great!