Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any seattle sleevers ?

I would be totally game for a little get together of the Seattle area sleevers. We are all at different stages so i am not really sure what to suggest - but my favorite thing to do as far as "meals" is a place with good appetizers or salads. For preops (liver shrinking diet) or people newly out from surgery, a restaurant is probably an insensitive suggestion so I am completely open to other ideas. It just needs to be warm (ie, if i am outdoors, I need to be moving). as I don't have the layer of fat keeping me warm anymore. :)

Anybody interested in a walk along the Samamish trail near Woodinville, or Redmond? Centennial trail near Snohomish? They are both flat easy walks. I would also be game for a more serious hike, but again, want to do something that is as inclusive as possible.

I don't care what you weigh or what stage you are at - we were all "there" and one point and I am guessing I was heavier then most of you ever were... so never feel self conscious about that!!!

I would very much enjoy meeting some of my fellow sleevers - so toss out some suggestions people!

I am free Tuesdays and Thursdays after 4 and most Sundays I am available all day (except the first 2 weekends in May). I would love to meet some other local sleevers.

I am good with either option. I've only been to a restaurant once since surgery.

I think most of us can relate to the sheer terror of anticipating this surgery.

I was afraid of the procedure itselt' date=' but mostly, I was afraid of failing... again.

You are in good hands with Dr Landerholm and I believe if you really take their advice, follow the NUT unstructions (keep portions small - really, that is key!!!) you too can have great success.

I lam forever greatful to the good people at PSSC. They helped me find my new and much happier life - half my former size!

[/quote']

CowgirlJane you share such great insight! Thank you for posting with honesty! I always look forward to what you have to share!

Cowgirl Jane I live a half block off of Samamish River (slough) in Kenmore right off of the Burke-Gilman trail that leads into your trail. Very interested in walking.

CowgirlJane, I live about 1 mile from Centenial trail up in Snohomish area, but will gladly drive down to Redmond / Sammamish area for a meet, greet and walk.

Ok.. (again) I'm in the Bothell/Kenmore/Kirkland area.. Need to gather and support!

I am going to be moving up to seattle in the next month or two. we should plan to get together sometime :) message me and we can get things figured out :)

I am in Tacoma area and I am researching Tijuana. I had appointments with Puget Sound Bariatric but ended up not being able to selfpay.

I had the same experience... You are welcome to read my blog about my time in TJ. I had a great experience at a good price. :) I hope some of my info can help others. :) Good luck to you! Le me know how things go...

Hi! This is my first post because I just discovered this website. I'm scheduled for surgery 4/16 with Dr. Landerholm at Evergreen Hospital. I am SCARED TO DEATH and can't seem to function too well, but hopefully as the week goes on, I'll get better.

I live in Mountlake Terrace and would love to get together with anyone who is interested. I'll be going to the monthly group sessions in Edmonds.

I'm so NERVOUS! Any encouraging words would be appreciated.

I almost had surgery with Dr. Laderholm. I absolutely loved him! I just could not afford it with self pay. I have been in contact with a number of the office staff there that I have made friends with and I got the Tacoma support group. You are in GREAT hands and will love the service and experience there. Everyone gets scared and every one has fears about surgery. You will do just fine. Just keep in mind how wonderful it is going to feel every day you loose another pound. And how fantastic it is going to be when you are even half way to your goal! You can do this! Also, like I said before, I am probably going to be moving to Seattle in the next couple months. I would love to start building a new group of friends on that side of the Water. Let me know if you ever want to hang out :)

Okay, anybody interested in meeting after work for a walk- maybe at the Woodinville access point of the Sammamish trail? That is right off 522/near 405. I think it is a decent location for most that have responded?

My schedule is quite flexible - I can do Mon or Tues anytime after 4 but can be later for those of you that work later... just throwing that out there but i am open to other ideas. If we can get 3 people together, that would be a success and maybe try another location another time!

I am in University Place and having my revision May 10th. very nervous but need to do this. I was originally going to use Dr Aceves, but he quoted me $11,000 as I am self-pay. I am instead using Dr Fernando Garcia after a ton of research. I think I am in good hands if Alma is any sign of what to expect. She is very thorough :)

I am located in Bothell. I got my surgery date yesterday. May 2nd at Puget Sound Surgery Center, in Edmunds. My first surgeon was Dr. Crouthamel, but he has taken a medical leave so Dr. Billing will preform my surgery. I am taking some time off from my job post surgery(work nights) and am looking forward to attending support group. My friend who is a nurse at Overlake mediates the support groups over there and she has invited me to attend there so I am sure they would have any who would want to attend. Would love to find a walking friend in my area. I am on the Mill Creek/ Woodinville side of Bothell (Maltby area). Looking forward to being part of the losing team.

Hi! This is my first post because I just discovered this website. I'm scheduled for surgery 4/16 with Dr. Landerholm at Evergreen Hospital. I am SCARED TO DEATH and can't seem to function too well' date=' but hopefully as the week goes on, I'll get better.

I live in Mountlake Terrace and would love to get together with anyone who is interested. I'll be going to the monthly group sessions in Edmonds.

I'm so NERVOUS! Any encouraging words would be appreciated.[/quote']

Dr Landerholm is amazing! I had him 2/28 . The staff was amazing...so wonderful . I was 231 first appt got to 235 . Lost 19 on pre op. I haven't weighed lately since was at stall but clothes getting looser. I was size 18 ...getting in size 12 at 6 weeks post op. Tips..any problem with narcotics? Tell them asap and ask for prescription of anti nausea pills. I ended up in ER day 3 due to nausea on half a dose. Severe dehydration. Make sure you have sugar free popsicles available after you leave surgical center. Only thing I liked and still like daily. When you are home...get up and walk around..bathroom back ..bathroom back...and slowly walk as straight as you can....hunched over it what u want to do but straighten up. On day 4 I showered and went to costco. Felt great to get out. I have desk job and returned to work day 7 ....but I turned to fast and pulled a scar tissue or something so little painful. My experience with Protein...I hate powder ...pre made vanilla premire Protein at costco 24 dollars for 18. 30 g protein 160 cal 4 carbs . I like to splurge so I get Starbucks Decaf instant singles mix one with little hot Water ..less than1/4 cup. Add protein and lots of ice ..had in to go container and took everywhere I went. The little cup of Soup cream of chicken was enjoyable and just made little at a time. I still do coffee drink daily...it is like a pretend Starbucks iced latte. sugar free pudding yummy. I also like my heating pad.... My energy level has been super high...too high. I don't sleep much but that happened last time I had anesthesia for a couple months. 4 hrs is a good nights sleep...I wish you a speedy recovery....oh...first post op appt with nut and fitness....where gym clothes...I wore skirt lol

Don't be scared ...for me it was uncomfortable first two days....(I have had worse hangovers lol) I was at the Edmonds Surgical center. I saw Dr Landerholm 6 days post op. He said I was doing so good he didn't need to see me at one monh or 2 months....unless I have problem I go back for 3 month..I truely believe this is because I got up every 15 min or so and walked around .....my sister and I think Dr. L is so good looking ...something about his smile and eyes...just lights you up. Lol

I am in University Place and having my revision May 10th. very nervous but need to do this. I was originally going to use Dr Aceves' date=' but he quoted me 11,000 as I am self-pay. I am instead using Dr Fernando Garcia after a ton of research. I think I am in good hands if alma is any sign of what to expect. She is very thorough :)[/quote']

I had Fernando Garcia. I had a good experience overall. You will like him.

Don't be scared ...for me it was uncomfortable first two days....(I have had worse hangovers lol) I was at the Edmonds Surgical center. I saw Dr Landerholm 6 days post op. He said I was doing so good he didn't need to see me at one monh or 2 months....unless I have problem I go back for 3 month..I truely believe this is because I got up every 15 min or so and walked around .....my sister and I think Dr. L is so good looking ...something about his smile and eyes...just lights you up. Lol

I agree Dr. L is very handsome!!! I think its just partly contributed to his looks, he is so supper kind and very genuine. He really seems to have a good heart and want the very best for his patience. Again I wish I could have stayed with him as my dr. but oh well. I am glad you guys were able to :)