Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DELICIOUS protein shake!

So i am incredibly sick of the same ol' Protein Shakes. today i decided that at least 2 times a week i would "invent" or find a new concoction to try. tonight i made up "Unchunky Monkey Smoothie". Can't believe how good it is.

here's the recipe:

8 oz skim milk (i use lactose free)

1 packet No Sugar Added chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast

1 TBS creamy Peanut Butter

1/4 cup sliced banana

1/2 scoop powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder

i put it all in a blender and blend away. i also added about 1/2 c crushed ice to make it nice and cold. i am looking to get some of the PB2 powder to help cut back on the calories but right now for me i can use the extra calories. i have only been able to get 350-400 in so the extra from the pb are helpful at this point. according to my loseit.com app this recipe has 359 calories and 27.6 grams protein. hope someone else can enjoy it too. next time i plan to add the full scoop of Unjury and have this to sip on for the day in between meals.adding the full scoop would give it another 10-11 grams protein.

i recently bought some orange/tangerine flavored MIO at big lots....i squirted it in a vanilla shake and it tasted like an orange creamcicle !!!!! im not a big fan of orange creamcicles but it tasted pretty good !!!!I'm sure you could probly use orange Jello as well!!!! :)

i recently bought some orange/tangerine flavored MIO at big lots....i squirted it in a vanilla shake and it tasted like an orange creamcicle !!!!! im not a big fan of orange creamcicles but it tasted pretty good !!!!I'm sure you could probly use orange Jello as well!!!! :)

yummy! i'm not a big creamsicle fan either but you get to a certain point with the shakes that anything new is better than just the taste out of the can!

Sound yummmmyyy. Love the name!

@Lisa'slosinit~ How many squirts of Mio did you use? I have a bunch of different flavor Mio's so I think i'm going to be trying this :}

Sound yummmmyyy. Love the name!

I love (or did love ben and Jerry's ice cream so I was trying to come up with something similar. Doesn't taste like chunky monkey but when my husband tried a sip he thought it tasted like the bottom of a banana split. Had a strong chocolate covered banana taste with a hint of Peanut Butter

Made this last night & it was HEAVEN!

Peanut Brittle Protein shake

1 1/2 C milk + cold Water

1 serving vanilla Protein powder

1 1/2 T dry sugarfree butterscotch pudding mix

1 T peanutbutter

I threw in a few icecubes & blended away in my NutriBullet. You can't even taste the funk of the protein powder! It is yum!

I do not have PB2 yet- but will lighten this up when I get some. I also am going to play with adding a cup of greek yogurt and freeze it. Would be an awesome icecream treat!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches