Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fellow CANUCKS: User Name origin

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Alrighty....inquiring minds (hopefully more than just mine!) want to know where my fellow Canucks from the Canadian Corner derive their "user names" from. Spill the Beans and fill us in!!!!

I'll start.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (duh!) and one of my favourite characters is Yoda. One of my friends would always call me "Yoda" for the sage (?) wisdom I would offer her (only when she asked of course!!!). I went a wee bit nuts (with excitement) in that scene wherein we all saw Yoda fight for the first time....bouncing around like a ping pong ball and swinging his light sabre in the way only Yoda can!! I was so impressed by that scene, I started clapping and cheering in the movie theatre (unheard of for me!)....it caught on and then everyone started doing it! It was awesome.

Anyways, when I signed onto here for the first time, I really didn't know what username to use and then Yoda popped into my head as I looked up at the Yoda Pez Dispenser I have near my comp.

C'est ca, mes amies!!!!

Votre turn!!!!

Mine is so boring, Neenagh is what my grandkids call me. I wanted to be called Nana (irish) which my side of the family dutifully refered to me as, but my husband kept on calling me Nonna (italian), and my eldest grandson who is very bright (and bad! but that's another story) got so confused by the whole nana/nonna thing when he was about 18months old, he made up his own name for me, Neenagh(nee-na), which stuck and they all call me that.

And here I thought that Neenagh was a charming Irish name! LoL

This is a good question, Yoda. I find myself always wondering what the stories are behind the user names.

Mine is really simple. Green is my surname and it is the colour of growth, you know. It made sense to use it as my nom d'internet.:kiss2:

Awe, neenaugh that is sooo cute!!!

Oh, Yoda, here I was thinking that was your real name!!!!!

Okay, Cloe is the name of my favourtie ewe. Out of 450 sheep, she would always come over to me. Sometimes when we are lambing out in the barn for hours, I'd be sitting in the middle of the pen resting, she'd come over to me and start rubbing and scratching herself on my shoulder, and she loved being pet. She would eat chips, crackers, anything I brought her. She is also the fattest ewe we have, so we have something in common.

ketchup chips? I knew I'd heard this story before!

Mine's boring. But.... I've used the same one for 10 years, practically, because I didn't know what to call myself, and never bothered to think of anything better! I though... "hmm... argon is inert. Like me!"

Nah... I'll say it was just a random thing I picked, and stuck with.

Awwe, thanks neenaugh. I have to say , I'm pretty happy. Except recently I have had this thorn in my side called a TEENAGER!!. I'm sure surgery will remove it someday. lol

My user name is also kinda boring, my real name is Louise. Except for Mandi (too young) you should remember the Jefferson's sitcom. The leading actresses character's name was Louise and her husband always called her Wheezy. It's just coincidence that I am also a bad asthmatic and am often pretty wheezy. Go figure.

OMIGAWD, I loooooved that show Wheezy....altho I was just a young pup when I watched it!! LOL

My "tag" comes from my days of living in the Eastern Arctic on Baffin Island. Our favourite Inuit artist did a print that we bought and it's called "Sunsreturn".

Except for Mandi (too young) you should remember the Jefferson's sitcom. The leading actresses character's name was Louise and her husband always called her Wheezy.

Ahem... I do know the Jefferson's! I always thought that they owned the dry cleaning business by where my dad worked! So there!

Hi,I'm new here and I use chyps because my surname is Fysh!!!

I have not been banded but my sister has . I have been lurking for a while so I can learn as much as I can and be able to support her .

Awwe, thanks neenaugh. I have to say , I'm pretty happy. Except recently I have had this thorn in my side called a TEENAGER!!. I'm sure surgery will remove it someday. lol

I had several of them, they all eventually disapeared by themselves (like a rash) surgery not necessary. Some to better things, and a couple...well, not so good. It's a crap shoot i tell ya!!!! Just concentrate on surviving. Someone once told me that adolecence was a form of psychosis. What mr. neenagh and i went thru i believe it.

:omg: