Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OFFERING ME FOOD IS NOT SUPPORT!

I hate when people don't support or give u the wrong advice. Telling it's OK to to just have a piece of chicken or that ur daughter had the bypass and she used to put chips in her mouth suck the flavor out and spit it out. I say I'm not even hungry I don't crave that stuff, than u are going to be anorexic. WTF Im just doing what the doctor says. Offering me for is not helping me!!

I agree some ppl dont have a sensitive side to ppl who struggle with weight issues... keep your head up and dont get discouraged. Dont let others negativity bring u down. They are not worth it!!! Hugs

TD

i completely understand, my family completely trolls me :x lol but im used to it now..They always cook buttery oily food when im trying to eat healthy, they ask me if im hungry and i say no but they make me food anyway, and they always say i need to eat more -___- mind you i dont have the sleeve yet my portion sizes are prolly a bit too large.

The thing about my family is they believe food is love, and for a long time so did I :/ but unfortunatly I don't have the metabolism of my half asian sister so I was the one who became obese -sigh- You may have to get away from certain people, try to keep a comfortable distance between yourself and unsupportive people, because at the end of the day you are in charge of who you let affect your life :)

i get SO fustrated with people telling me what i need to eat or drink... im really regreting telling anyone about my choice and my surgery.

Do what you feel is right for you and what your doc and nut has advised and take the advice of others with a grain of salt most mean well but just don't know or understand our struggles.

Im having the same issue and i havent even been sleeved yet im on day 7 of my pre op diet and when im alone im great but whenever people come around me and start offering food they know i cant have it gets very frustrating and i find myself being mean for no reason ... and i feel awful afterwards hopefully everything will be better when im not hungry cuz now im still starving

sorry to hear that crystal... It will get better once you have the surgery. food will not a major factor inyour life! You will truly be much happier keep ya head up

TD

I get it all the time from my family: you need to eat, ur getting to small, u dont need to lose any more weight, ur legs are too small, I can see the bones in ur neck, ur head is not to big for ur body and here's the best one "if you lose any more weight your going to look like a crack head" lol. I normally just roll my eyes and I have to remember that there not use to me being smaller than them and it just might be envy.

I get it all the time from my family: you need to eat' date=' ur getting to small, u dont need to lose any more weight, ur legs are too small, I can see the bones in ur neck, ur head is not to big for ur body and here's the best one "if you lose any more weight your going to look like a crack head" lol. I normally just roll my eyes and I have to remember that there not use to me being smaller than them and it just might be envy.[/quote']

That is every 1 I know for me too. "Don't lose any more weight" "you look sick" etc. and I love it when I'm cranky and people say its because I'm hungry, go eat a cheeseburger and settle down, it's not because I'm hungry, it's because I have a low tolerance to complete idiots. (And maybe because I used to use food as emotional support and don't have that anymore, but mostly the low tolerance to idiots)